It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have all Christians been duped? Evidence here.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

'Lamp of [des] Science' will rise in the heasrt of the Cheeschan and Bended Knee will become a joyful victory in the end.'

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Light and dark, wisdom and ignorance, good and evil, love and hate, peace and war, abundance and famine... Move the slider to where you will and save your settings. Then defend your point of view until it all comes tumbling down. OK, I see your point, will never agree with it though. Many blessings

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I read an interesting article recently on this subject - about how the biblical chronology was inaccurate and that it was John the Baptist who died on the cross whilst Jesus went off to Kashmir. I'll try and find a link to the article again. It's the view I have always subscribed to, but this dude who wrote the artice puts the timeline across very well.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Christianity became the state religion of Rome. Toward the end of its days the empire was under weak leadership and constant attacks. Coincidentally Christianity's rise occurred as Rome was failing. They had this wonderful technique of overlaying local beliefs with new christian dogma which enabled a more ready acceptance by local populace. I would describe this as overt control techniques being replaced with covert control. Military dominance replaced by spiritual wistfulness and god fear mongering. 'The meek shall inherit the Earth'....right. That means put up with a rotten life while alive and 'know' that after you die you will have a better existence than your wealthy 'owner'. How's that for a control mechanism?

I am a celt. I have my own peoples' history, my own peoples' origin myth, my own peoples' spiritual practices. Trouble is Emperor Nero wiped out most of our history and our teachings in the huff after he took a beating from celtic tribesmen.

What occurred in a far off land to a far off people is of no interest to me whatsoever. Why should it be? My ancestors paid attention simply because they were forced to. Don't go to church and you would soon receive a knock on the door demanding to know why. This is the means of spreading of christianity - force....and subsequently inter-generational habit. Not inate truth. It is no coincidence that as literacy levels grew the influence of the church declined.

The Bible has denied me a spiritual existence - not given me one.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Well, after being raised strict southern baptist and living some of my teenage years with a Church of Christ preacher, and witnessing the lies and deceit of the Catholic Church.

I think I can safely say for myself that the bible, aside from it's most basic morals and standards, which in my opinion are inherent in all humans to some extent, is detrimental and not conducive to self awareness and knowledge, it is in fact not good for personal development.

Having said this as my opinion, please do not attack me with anymore of that religious weight anymore. You are free to dislike my opinions however you wish.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
In the Koran Arab. "Issa" or Lat. "Jesus" and Heb. Jesjuah was not crucified, but [fell] the person we know as Simon of Kyrene was killed in his place. According to the Koran, "Issa" lived to be a 120 years old.

There is also another literally speaking crucial detail most bible-translations and these books' bible thumping Christian followers of these translations always seem to leave out or ignore. The person who was set free instead of "Jesus" in our translations carrying the name "Barrabas", had a first name too: "Jesjuah", and "Barrabas" is a mistranslation of the Heb. "bar-Abbas", so his full name in Hebrew is "Jesjuah bar-Abbas" or "Jesjuah son of the Father". Could it be that the person who was crucified as the Messiah was infact Simon of Kyrene and the true prophet the Christian bibles call "Jesus" was set free by Pilate? Are all Christians worshipping the Beast? "Jesus" equals 616 in Hebrew gematria. 616 is also the earliest known "Number of the Beast". And the Beast was slain, but came back to life, exactly what the Gospel says "Jesus" was. Would any of you Zealots even dare to believe it?

Tsjaindjed ThAt into "datt"

I know CHRIST is My Savior, I Not No So Much For AnyOne els, Because I too READ, I Too Learn, I Too Sin, Just Like The next Man, But Maybe Not As Much As The Next Man. I LOVE YOU, Thank You For You Concern But I mon Am Fine. Seen?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Why aren't you asking " Are all Muslims who follow the Koran being duped?"

Why should you, I or anyone else believe the Koran over the Bible?

The OP wont attack Muslims because he is a Muslim. He uses the word "Christian" in his name as a ruse in order to further hide his true identity.

Muslims believe that we are .....infidels..... and that we can be lied to, robbed, cheated and eventually killed without any repercussions from their .......god...Allah.....

This deceit becomes obvious when people like the OP are challenged to denounce Muslims in the same way that they are denouncing Christians.

They will seldom reply, and when they do, the response is always deceitful.

They will never denounce Islam, Muslims, the Koran or Mohammad, because for them, to do so would mean anathema.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

The OP wont attack Muslims because he is a Muslim. He uses the word "Christian" in his name as a ruse in order to further hide his true identity.

LOL, so I'm Muslim now haha. And BTW. Christian is a name. You guys are great. No I have been baptised twise, studied the Bible and nearly all other Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Vedic etc. writings for the last ten years. I am a good friend of my parish' priest, though I donot attend church sermons, and he even asked help of me with some material related to Jewish mysticism. I eat pork and drink beer (as some of you may have noticed from time to time). I picked up my cross in the shape of the Red Cross in the age of 8 and carried it until I moved out of town to work about 12 years later. When my friends hurt in their backs or shoulders, have twisted ancles etc. they come to me to have me heal them with the gift I have received.

So instead of bashing all my threads calling me names, take some time to concider what the hell you are doing in the CiR forum. This isn't a church where theology is sported, it is a conspiracy forum aimed at revealing conspiracies within religion.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

LOL, so I'm Muslim now haha. And BTW. Christian is a name. You guys are great. No I have been baptised twise, studied the Bible and nearly all other Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Vedic etc. writings for the last ten years. I am a good friend of my parish' priest, though I donot attend church sermons, and he even asked help of me with some material related to Jewish mysticism. I eat pork and drink beer (as some of you may have noticed from time to time). I picked up my cross in the shape of the Red Cross in the age of 8 and carried it until I moved out of town to work about 12 years later. When my friends hurt in their backs or shoulders, have twisted ancles etc. they come to me to have me heal them with the gift I have received.

So instead of bashing all my threads calling me names, take some time to concider what the hell you are doing in the CiR forum. This isn't a church where theology is sported, it is a conspiracy forum aimed at revealing conspiracies within religion.

See what I mean?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

LOL, so I'm Muslim now haha.

Thanks for not calling me a liar.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Thanks for not calling me a liar.

Haha, you are one son of a gun. You just lied so your mouth blead sulphur and you thank me for not pointing it out? You LIED and told everyone whose reading these threads you have been stalking me in how you know I am a Muslim, something which is about the most absurd thing I have ever been accused of here at ATS. Lately your hostility towards me has grown into something I donot like, and personally, I hope you dissapear and is banned. NEXT!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by Neo Cristian Mystic

And I am revealing the Conspiracy by you and other Muslims on this site who bash Christians, Catholics, and Jews, and America in order to further advance your agenda of Radical Islamic Extremism.

Are you Anwar al-Awlaki?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth & Neo Christian Mystic

The topic of discussion is ...

» Conspiracies in Religions » Have all Christians been duped? Evidence here.

Please focus further responses on the same!

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It depends on who you listen to. I know of many scientists and archeologists who have found corroborating evidence of the Bible and it's stories.

No you don't.
That's why you didn't quote any examples.

The vast majority of the STORIES in the Bible has been PROVEN false :
* Eden
* Flood
* Babel
* Exodus
* Conquest
etc.
All MYTHS.

What people can confirm in the Bible is NAMES of people and places.

But can you provide any evidence of EVENTS in the Bible being confirmed by scientists and archeologists?

Please - NOT just some NAMES of people or places, OK ?

Kap

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Schmidt1989

You know we could make a ship today with almost every plant and animal on it, in the form of seeds, frozen embryos and a library of genetic material.

So what?

Are you pretending Noah did that?

Are you claiming the Flood HAPPENED?

Kap

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
ATS is a place full of all kinds of weird things, with discussions of all kinds of anomalies and Forteana from history, religion, science, etc. Its kind of a "you never know" thing.

No it isn't.

We KNOW the flood never happened.

We KNOW the ark never existed.

Kap

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What about the fossil record?

It PROVES the flood never happened.
There ia overwhelming evidence it's a myth.

The stories of the Bible were handed down verbally for many years before they were written down. It may be the the Ark/Flood story has some truth and some embellishments.. but your statement was that most things were dis-proven. I dispute that.

It is up to YOU to provide proof for myths that YOU believe.
It is certain the flood did not happen.

The floodd story is simply a re-write of earlier Sumerian myths.

Do you not know that plant and animal life is being collected all over the Earth and preserved in case we need to restart the civilization?

But so what?
Are you pretending that has something to do with Noah ?
What?

One theory is this world has been destroyed and remade many times before. It may be Noah had advanced science that was lost in one of these time periods. Only scant word of mouth with no details survived. If we can do it, then it is not so far fetched that the people of the Bible could do it.

Complete fantasy.
The facts prove you wrong.

People (scientists) are discovering more and more ancient people were not the backward idiots we make them out to be. They build the Pyramids, The antediluvian clock/machine and many other things. just because we don't know 'how' they did it does not mean they could not do it.

Yes we do.
We KNOW it's impossible.
Sadly, you don't know anything about science and archeology.

Kap

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Indeed. I am just proposing what may actually be evidence of the greatest rescue plan in history.

There is NO evidence.
There is an ancient story that is KNOWN to be impossible.

Kap

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What on earth gives you the idea that actually following what the Bible teaches will retard your personal development?

Statistics show Bible believers commit more crimes than atheists.

Kap

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
What was edited out of the current biblical texts by religionists in the fourth century,

OMG - you don't believe the myth that the COuncil of Nicea chose the books of the Bible do you?

That did NOT happen.

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
leaving the book in its present format as a rather confusing assemblage of ancient history and misunderstood parables,

It's NOT ancient history.
The early events in the OT did NOT happen (before the 8th century or so.)

The Bible is full of KNOWN falsehoods.

Kap

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join