It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Steele Says Afghanistan Was 'War Of Obama's Choosing,'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele expressed an unusual interpretation of the relationship between Barack Obama and the war in Afghanistan at a Connecticut fundraiser Thursday.

"This was a war of Obama's choosing," Michael Steele said at the event. "This is not something the United States has actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

Steele also accused Obama of "demonizing Iraq while saying the battle really should be in Afghanistan."

I lol'ed mightily. Talk about rewriting history. Look at this, the Democrats will be accusing the Republicans of being unpatriotic. Where have we heard this before? Is Karl Rove going to show up in the Democrats camp soon? It's just nuts. It just proves to me how screwed up the whole system is. None of these parties care about solutions. It's all winning. It's all politics. Steele is against it because Obama is for it.

And people think putting those idiots in Congress is going to fix anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The modern Republican Party is an enemy of America. There is nothing they won't do or say to regain power. after all, there is still money to be stolen from American citizens.
For those that say there is no difference between parties, you are wrong.
go ahead, play your games, but when you sit back and allow the next Republican criminal into office, the damage will be partly your fault.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No doubt, I am tired of all the finger pointing, blaming and denial! I hope the people are starting to see all this nonsense as a ridiculous parody that continues to do more harm than good. Will the politicians ever keep it real?
MSM is turning into more of a sensationalist soap opera each month. I am glad to be a member here so I can get some thorough perspective on the events shaping our lives. Yea ATS!

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

The modern Republican Party is an enemy of America.

And you're falling for it hook line and sinker.

It's not just the GOP that's the enemy...it's the whole damned system.

George Carlin put it best when he said the upper class in this country gets the middle class to argue among themselves, while the rich go to the bank and get richer.

There ARE NO DIFFERENCES between the parties. Are you seriously going to set here and say that the DNC is the answer? And somehow LESS corrupt and sodomizing than any other political party?

How much are they paying you?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The Republican party makes me laugh and I thank my lucky stars I live North of the Border. They have no leadership whatsoever. Steele is an idiot. First off, it was his beloved leader GWB that botched the Afghan and Iraq operations. Obama wasn't even in office when the US invaded those two countries.

If the Republicans are looking to lose the elections this fall then they really don't have to change anything they're doing. You have the lady in Nevada stating that Social Security should be privatised, the Unemployed are lazy and living fat off of the hog on those EI benefits. I don't know if anyone has taken Employment Insurance before, in Canada it's not really enough to even live on.

Go GOP Go!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

The modern Republican Party is an enemy of America. There is nothing they won't do or say to regain power. after all, there is still money to be stolen from American citizens.
For those that say there is no difference between parties, you are wrong.
go ahead, play your games, but when you sit back and allow the next Republican criminal into office, the damage will be partly your fault.

We definitely need a "New Game Plan"! Look at what has happened since we have been playing yours?

Tell me something are you really winning? If so please tell everyone the prize!!

You are disillusioned!! Right now it is a Lose Lose situation!

Pax

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

What ANSWER are you seeking?
Show me when in the entire history of civilization that a government has been perfect, and while you are at it, show me when any nations citizenry has been
free of the self interest and corruption you so freely condemn in government.
Show me where the poor are any more honest than the rich elite.
I have live through 11 Presidents, lived, not been an internet analyst, and you
are simply amazingly unaware if you believe some are not better , and some far worse than others. In my experience those that say there is no difference, are simply those that contribute nothing or very little to society. I have seen rights denied because of race restored because of individuals in government, just as I have seen the opposite. Same goes for war, poverty, education and every other freaking thing there is. I have seen government inspire and achieve as well as the opposite.
You sound like political parties and philosophies are somehow separate from the human beings that comprise them, how shallow.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh please don't come in here and argue about who is worse. It's stupid. THEY ARE THE SAME ANIMAL. Don't you see how they just switched roles?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Show me when in the entire history of civilization that a government has been perfect

ahhhh, bustin out the strawman arguments, now, are we?

I never said government was perfect.

But i also don't fall for "My team" politics.

The only player on "my team" is me, and im coached by my beliefs and what I feel is right.

I don't believe something because my "party leader" tells me I should...and before I hold onto something with passion, I make sure I understand it first.

Wow...amazing how that works for individuals....but doesn't mesh well with power hungry greedy politicians

Whodathunkit?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So where is Michael Steele wrong? Did everyone forget Obumbus's words, I thought that was only a condition that affected Obama?

Good thing for videos, so one can be reminded of their stance when forgot what that stance was.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Will the politicians ever keep it real?

Haven't you heard?

Michael Steele IS keeping it real!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
So where is Michael Steele wrong?

Well, let's see...at war for 7 years...war requested by GOP president & approved by GOP Congress.

Obama in office for 1.5 years.

Oh, yeah. TOTALLY Obama's war. Yup.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

He's wrong because that war was already being fought when Obama was elected duh. To say it's somehow a war he started is ludicrous. Bush started that war after 9/11. Did he ramp it up? Yep, but he didn't start it. He didn't come out on day one screaming "And today I'm gonna bomb a country we never bombed before: Afghanistan!"

Or have we all forgotten about shrub?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Straw man?
Then you imply I believe because some party leader "told me.
Your answer is weak, no it's not very honest.
don't play some game of intellect and "debate", poster resort to that when they have no cards to play. So, you're a rebel
! BIG DEAL!
Then what? Seriously, you feel you are independent of....?
Is that so you can feel superior to others? What do you do, gripe?
WHAT is the "answer " to what you seek in government?
For that matter, do you even know what your question is>

Another pointless discussion with an internet expert that has no practical application of their above it all abstract philosophies!
I've got better things to reply to.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Haven't you heard?

Michael Steele IS keeping it real!

Hee hee, now that's funny!
Thanks mothershipzeta!

Peace

[edit on 2-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Do you think US is the only country at war with Afghanistan? If you see Michael Steele was not referring to Obama Starting the Afghanistan war, but highlighting the importance that they put on it.

Sheesh, silly libs. As was said before nothing to see here...just more ignorance.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow! Who knocked over Mr. Steele's Ahat? Now his stupid comments are gushing out more.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

I agree that it started as Bush's war, but the day Obama doubled down the bet on Afganistan it became his. During the campaign he led us to believe that he was going to end this foolishness. When he increased troops, implemented more covert squads I was deeply disappointed.

I have not heard a single credible source suggest that this business will end well. It will end, but within 3 years it will be worse than it was 9 years ago.

He should have ended the business as soon as he got in office. Declared Bush's war a losing effort and cut our losses

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Obama made it crystal, no, more than crystal clear during the campaign that he would continue the Afghan war.
Where were you?

There is a timetable set, sorry kids! Obama has done EXACTLY what he said he would.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Exactly, Obama made Afghanistan his priority and stuck to it.

Then the reason for this thread is just for bashing a Black Republican.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join