It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes I will reply

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

In ten million years or less there will have been no sign humans were ever here.

In ten million years everything we as a species did that damaged and defiled this world will have been wiped away and there will be no sign of the carnage and the abuse we caused. In ten million years all that was will be no more and something else will be here, evolving and taking their turn to climb to the top of the ladder.

I sincerely hope that whichever species does replace us manages to heave themselves out of the easy thinking mode of might makes right.

I also hope that they manage to make a better job of shining and I hope they do not live out their lives as we did – as predators taking everything we desired at terrible cost to us and our world simply because we could.
Starred and flagged, it was a two liner but it cut straight to the chase!

However, it is also possible to me that we might still be here and just maybe we might have become something much more than the needy, scrabbling eaters we are now with a little help from our friends.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
EARTH WILL SURVIVE !

THAT IS THE TOPIC.

NO FURTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD DISCUSSING MEMBERS, OTHER THREADS OR STAFF ACTIONS.

YOU WILL BE POST BANNED.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The earth will not survive. I think this oil spill will damage our ecosystem beyond repair.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Ok. I will try very hard to stay on topic, but it will be difficult with such a broad topic and such strict moderation.

First, how about clarifying with the OP....What will the Earth survive?

Second, will the "Earth" survive, or will "Mankind" survive?

Third, since this is the Oil Spill forum, I will assume (I hate assuming) that you are talking about surviving the oil spill, so which part? The ecological disaster? The proposed toxic rain? The Methane explosion? The economic disaster that will displace millions? The poisoning of Earth's main foodsource? Or all of it combined?

Fourth, when you say "survive," do you mean survive unscathed, as in life will continue on as usual despite the oil leak, or do you mean that life will be forever altered in some way, but that it will meekly continue?

Maybe, if we get some discussion from the absentee OP, then we can move on with the discussion to ElevatedOnes satisfaction?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join