It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your source?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ovenden

Good luck with all the lies you will check out.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here in the Netherlands is a site called Nu.nl They decided that they wanted a sister site where you can post your news. Almost immediately all the alternative news was posted. Those guys didn't know how fast to censor it all.

That really made me think.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
www.merriam-webster.com...

wordsmith.org...

personal experiences, and the experiences that others have shared.

Here is an assessment of the current understanding of the human psychi theories…
Please take the time to review the definitions of the three divisions of the psyche in the psychoanalytic theory.

Main Entry: ego
Pronunciation: \ˈē-(ˌ)gō also ˈe-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural egos
Etymology: New Latin, from Latin, I — more at I
Date: 1789
1 : the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world
2 a : EGOTISM 2 b : SELF-ESTEEM 1
3 : the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that serves as the organized conscious mediator between the person and reality especially by functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality — compare ID, SUPEREGO
— ego•less adjective

Main Entry: su•per•ego
Pronunciation: \ˌsü-pər-ˈē-(ˌ)gō also -ˈe-(ˌ)gō\
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, translation of German Über-ich, from über over + ich I
Date: 1919
: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is only partly conscious, represents internalization of parental conscience and the rules of society, and functions to reward and punish through a system of moral attitudes, conscience, and a sense of guilt — compare EGO, ID

Etymology: New Latin, from Latin, it
Date: 1924
: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is completely unconscious and is the source of psychic energy derived from instinctual needs and drives — compare EGO, SUPEREGO

EGO =
organized conscious mediator
functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality

So, if ATSers are anti-ego you are not in favor of which of the following:
-organization/ anti-chaos/ anti-anarchy
-LIFE, consciousness, Self Awareness
-mediator, mediation (thinking)
-functioning perception
-adaptation to reality

End Transmission,
ET

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

WTH did they really do that? hahaha... so our little piece of turd called a country does the same as the US? damn and here I thought holland was one of the country not censoring things...

actually yesterday telegraaf.nl had a headline on an explosion of sorts... but when I checked it like 15 minutes after, they removed it... kinda weird when I take into account what you just mentioned

[edit on 29/6/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
wikipedia is always fun to randomly search for things when you are bored..

and then edit it, add a scource and then get that "fact" published in books and magazines..

Ahh screwing up wikipedia, great times.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by ovenden

Good luck with all the lies you will check out.

Come on dude... dont be a partypooper... no offense but if you dont like the thread then move on... I've come across you a couple of times and I respect you but seriously you're acting like a 15 year old now... maybe its time to call it quits for the night?

@OP

This is probably the first time people at ATS have been positive about this site whatdoesmean... Something to keep in mind. when starting a thread using that site as your source.. SKIP THE SITE and link the actual source.. whenever people here get wind of the fact that it came from whatdoesitmean they tend to not even spend another minute looking at the intel... anything that reeks of Sorcha Faal is worth nothing here...

[edit on 29/6/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've got a few sites that show a list of news sites both sides of the fence.
If I run into something new which I think is interesting enough to post, I'll do an ATS search and if it does not show, I'll post it.

The search is easy to miss stuff.
Please if you find a story and you do not make something out of it. Just post the news as it is, so to say. Please use the article name you found it in.

This makes double posted threads, a little less occurring.

I like to pick stuff and really try and go deep with it these days. I think that is a lot more fun.

For any Dutch members who like to now my Dutch sources, just ask. Here or a U2U.

I'm all for sharing but it is not really fruitfull to post a Dutch site here. Or is it ?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

well I'd love to know of some good dutch sources... so please by all means give em... either u2u or post some links here.. I believe there are quite a few dutchies amongst us so it shouldn't be a big issue for us non-dutchies.. if its big news we could always trans and then post it here...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Yeah right...
and I loose my top secret source.

Just kidding.

Here you go. First of all...Geen stijl
For an occasional hilarious pick.

Second : Grens wetenschap

This site is already wonderful on its own but the the real goody is G.W het veld.

Where you will find the top 10 or 20 newest headlines. Like CNN, Reuters, Space .com, infowars, Hubble and a whole bunch of Dutch news and conspiracy sites.
It even has ATS as option. It s a standard field that you can personalize.

Thrird. Yes it is true Wiki in English
Saves me the trouble to change language halve way.

Fourth. Google and Bing

Fifth. I own my very own Winkler Prins encyclopedia ( Book format Dutch ) From before the CD-rom. It is actually quite helpful to confirm stuff with.

And my gray matter. Not everyone is of the opinion I do actually own some of that.

Boy are you gonna be left with nothing if you knew them already.

Please let me know if they are helpful.

I also read tons of newspapers and articles from anywhere and everywhere, but you can't watch it all. Days are to short.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here is a good site to check online newspapers from around the world.

www.onlinenewspapers.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
www.mises.org is good for non-mainstream economics info.

2l.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

hehehe offoucrse geenstijl is a pretty well-known one... but grenswetenschap is a new one to me... am most definetely gonna check it out. thnx for the input.

I guess you figured this but wiki is indeed a very well known site....

Thnx it was a welcome addition to my bookmarks...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Do you have any that were not in my list ?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

uhmmm... I guess the best one (to me) is whatdoesitmean.com
in essence all you need to know is to take the red headlines with a grain of salt. right below those headlines is where the news starts, categorized per country. pretty much everything below those initial headlines are simply links to news-websites. It is very "end of the world" oriented though, wich gets tiring after a while...

For the rest I still am quite the newbie in these fields...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Mate, here in the Netherlands the news doesn't have to be censored, it just doesn't get reported at all. The media is awful. I live and work in Hilversum- The 'media' stad. Utter utter rubbish.

To the OP, apart from the usual suspects, I like The Real News Network.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam Vimes

hmmzzz. working in the media capital of holland does bring some rare insight to the table... So you can testify of the fact that LOADS of news from abroad never reaches us? I have noticed it offcourse but from my own POV it could be explained by the fact that the dutch mainly care about... well.. the dutch...

Oh and dont forget our dutch warriors in uruzgan

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ovenden

What's a source these days? It used to mean where a story, rumor, or fact originated. Does it still? Sometimes it's pretty hard to tell what the source is these days.

I don't really have a favorite "source" as we're discussing it here...I have favorite topics. So I search on my topic and see what all the re-reporters are saying about it...if anything. Doesn't matter to me who is re-reporting it because to me there's more value in seeing how they're saying something and what they're avoiding or focusing on, contrasted with the others are doing. Knowing the biases and ideological leanings of a re-reporting agent helps, but it's not key to getting at the real story if you're considering all sources.

One thing that's pretty interesting is to take wire stories from say Reuters or AP and watch to see what there-reporting agents do with it at a local or international level...what the mainstream reporting agents do and what the alternatives do....what they add as far as perspective or background, what the omit.

Hope that makes sense.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A big thank-you to everyone for their input! Some great links so far! I have my reading sorted forthe next month!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ovenden

I find this site good. www.blacklistednews.com...
The side bar also has links to all kinds of alternative media.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
VIEWZONE.COM
DRUDGEREPORT.COM
THEDEADPELICAN.COM

and my brain dot com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join