It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
on the topic of food, I recommend you watch the doc, Food Inc.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You will never convince me that we're not supposed to be sick.

You can chow down on all the Yellow #5 and Red Lake all you want, but you really shouldn't be taking Vitamin C, because it's efficacy has been inconclusive in FDA funded studies.

You will never convince me in a million years, that this whole, sick system isn't deliberately designed. Or - at the very least, happened by accident and is now simply tweaked instead of reformed.

Jeebus.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
And people complain when regulations are tightened for fast food restaurants. This is why regulations should be even tighter.

YES! And the government then must move in to control all the companies in the US!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I agree that these additives are not healthy.

But, I do NOT want to see more government regulations.

WHY can't the PEOPLE stop being BABIES???

Cannot you choose to NOT BUY IT??

You VOTE with your $$$$

We don't need ANY regulations - all we need is to stop being babies!

If you don't like MCD's menu, don't buy their food.

If someone buys their food AFTER being told what is in it, that is THEIR CHOICE.

Stop trying to ENFORCE your beliefs on OTHERS through government regulations!!!!!

I do NOT care if MCD's is dangerous, because I do not eat there!

If people just voted with their $$$ more intelligently, MCD's would be forced to clean up or face bankruptcy.

Why can't anyone get this???

The Free Market is the best regulator of all, the government only screws things up!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
are you wonder?:-) ask yourself "why usa does have so high level obesity?". fast - food is pure plebeian thing, it makes to get maximal profit without whatever little idea to calculate long - term consequences for Society. moreover, terroristic actions like that allow to create huge good submarkets for holly war against problem, which has been made just for money;-) btw, none of rich dudes would like to eat that #

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry my mind is in the gutter but...

The white meat chunks are tasty and perfect for little mouths and hands

hahahahah

What kind of SICK editor let that phrasing past the filters??

Anyhow, to address the article more seriously- it's pretty disgusting how fast-food is made, prepared, and preserved. This is what you get in an industrialized, assembly-line culture. Until we end that kind of corporate Communism and un-chained Capitalism that is the world we'll continue to live and reproduce in. If we are what we eat, then more than anyone else in the world, Americans are the people of corn and petroleum. Of course as the world globalizes (i.e. Americanizes) the rest of the world will follow suit. And to me that's nothing to be proud of...

I know it bills me as a "radical" in many peoples' eyes, but I am actually somewhat happy that the world is experiencing a global recession. SOMETHING needs to stem the tide of rampant globalization, resource consumption, and takeover by multinational corporations and western culture. Of course I am a product of Western culture, but hell if I'll tolerate an entire world that's converted to look, walk, talk, eat, dress, consume, worship, and live like Americans. Diversity works, uniformity doesn't. Ancient cultures are far more beautiful to me than modern consumer-culture and this Capitalist wonderland is NO SUBSTITUTE. Whether it's a tyrannical dictator or tyrannical economic systems, the end result is the same- oppressive and dehumanizing uniformity.

Annnd I went off on a tangent. But yeah McDonalds basically sucks... even if it tastes good. DON'T GET YOUR KIDS HOOKED ON IT LIKE SO MANY ARE!!!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by NoHierarchy]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Both my grandfather and his 2nd wife used to work at a meat packing plant that supplied beef to McDonalds (this was back in the early 70's) and they said they never ever ate there again (or any other fast food place) after that. They said that these fast food places bought sick cows to grind up into burgers. This was way before those undercover videos of sick cows being sent to the slaughter for human consumption were ever revealed.

There's an old saying "you get what you pay for" and when it comes to food that is indeed true. I eat at fast food places if I'm desperate (like when I'm on a long driving trip and really hungry and I don't know the area and don't know when I'm going to find anything decent down the road) but I won't touch anything with beef in it and I guess I'll stay away from the chicken too. I used to get chicken nuggets because I thought them better than a burger (diet-wise), but chemicals aside they have even more fat in them than a cheeseburger.

All I know is that whenever I eat at a restaurant (even non-fast food) or eat processed foods I usually suffer a bout of indigestion and sometimes I feel downright ill. I don't know how people can live on stuff like that day after day. It's no wonder that even younger people have such terrible health problems these days. If it isn't the chemicals it's surely the salt, fat and sugar overload that tends to be deadly as a steady diet.

Right now the only chicken I eat is that which I buy from a local company that gets most of their meat from Amish farmers that grow free range chickens.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm personally on a campaign against Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO).

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
* contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
* may cause severe burns.
* is fatal if inhaled.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
* in nuclear power plants.
* in the production of Styrofoam.
* as a fire retardant.
* in many forms of cruel animal research.
* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Every fast food restaurant product contains some of it and the government says its perfectly safe for human consumption.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Yea I got a McChicken the other day and spit the first part out b/c it tasted like some kind of rubbery chicken product.
I really am not surprised about this, but who can beat the dollar menu?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
id rather eat silly putty than have to eat a corpse.
meat is murder fools.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
what other methods is ronald mcdonald now using to try and kill off as much as the population? starting with children.

link   
reply to post by zaiger

no ur just pissed
cuz u shouldnt be stuffing ur fat ass with poisen but u cant stop
thats why u blame others

link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
This is what you get in an industrialized, assembly-line culture. Until we end that kind of corporate Communism and un-chained Capitalism that is the world we'll continue to live and reproduce in.

I disagree. This is no where remotely "Capitalist" in the original sense of the idea.

In a Capitalist society, the population is educated and informed, and capable of boycotting corporations that do bad things.

In a Capitalist society, the population uses their $$$ to vote the bad companies out of existence.

In true Capitalism, the people regulate business with their $$$, and do not need government intervention. They are responsible citizens.

In our messed up reality today, we have little "Capitalism". Rather we live in a society of DEPENDENCE. It's not even Communist, as communism is far preferable to the crap we have today. What we have is OLIGARCHY and MONOPOLISM.

The government regulates everything for us (since we citizens are too dumb to make any correct choices) ; the media has to lie constantly to us to win us over; product advertisements are packed full of misrepresentations and half-truths; etc.

Companies get subsidized etc.

This is not Capitalism.

In a Capitalist society corporations would not be consider "people" either. They would be considered pieces of paper (which they are). Like it was in the first place, research the history of corporate charters.

To call this Capitalist is a huge mistake friend. This is not capitalism at all. This is much closer to "Fascism".

Fascism = where corporations control the government.
Communism = where the government controls the corporations.
Capitalism = where the people control both government and corporations.

Sorry for the rant lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements
[edit on 6/28/10 by FredT]

More like one of those posters by the occupational safety and health administration that describes all the poisons in your workplace.

Why is all this crap in our food? It comes to the restaurant frozen. Even if these chemicals do act as preservatives, they aren't needed anyway.

Is someone trying to deliberately poison us?

Look at the ingredients of coca cola, then compare them to dr pepper. For some reason, they're practically identical, but dr pepper has sodium benzoate, a known carcinogen. It's stated as a preservative, too.

There's no reason at all for this to be in our food.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is truly disgusting. I gave up eating at fast food chains actually a few weeks ago. I mean if you count deli meats as fast food I guess I am guilty of eating Quiznos once and a while. I hear that Subway puts some real serious garbage in their bread. Subway does not deserve to get my money if they put two slices of meat on bread and call it a sandwich. I wonder if Quizno's bread is also tainted with chemicals.

I actually taken up cooking for myself over the weeks. My bro is in college for culinary and I cook more than him at home (someone explain that!!). I avoid buying stuff like already mixed foods like barbecue sauce and marinades because its full of chemical garbage. Its easy and my barbecue sauce taste 10x better than any in a bottle ^^. I guess I have been watching too many food network programs.

Yea yea yea I know why the chemical compounds are in almost practically everything in the first place but today they are going overboard. I mean seriously is it necessary to put 'silly putty' compounds in food to preserve the taste/ flavor it? This stuff is just going overboard. Companies looking to reduce price by filling their product with cheap edible chemicals.. as long as it is edible and it passes some kind of safety test they do not care if it is a cancer causing material that will kill you over time.

I can tell you this though I will not be buying my children fast food in the future. If you want to eat then eat right don't take the cheap and easy way to fill up your stomach. I think a good share of people would go to fast food restaurants that served quality food even if it is at a higher price. Who knows though with today's condition.

I can tell you this though the reason that the world has slipped into this lifestyle is because nobody has time or nobody feels like taking an hour or less to cook. And if you work all day (which most people do) they have no choice during their lunch break to go to the nearest restaurant to eat. When you get home you just want to relax and have someone cook for you for a change.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

you can't vote with own buckies effectively enough: many of new know-how's need to have fundamental researching, but this way takes long time & many money -- even very big corp cannot endure so massive burden & invention gets just lite tests.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I agree...I'm not saying McDonalds food is healthy or anything...but these types of stories are just to scare people and are just as bad as articles saying they are 100% safe.

Hey...you mix flour and water and you get glue....add in some sugar and you have cake.

It's all in the wording.

you needs eggs and butter as well as water flour and sugar to make a cake mix. just saying.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
I wonder if Quizno's bread is also tainted with chemicals.

Of course it is. Last time I was at Quizno's there was Cheese on their bread. Cheese is a chemical.

What you meant was "I wonder if it has dangerous chemicals we should not eat on it".

And this is a good question. There is most likely something dangerous on it. We would have to research to find out exactly what chemicals they are. (Worth it's own thread I might say!)

The only reason why these dangerous chemicals are on our food is 2 fold.
1) To save money = we consumers always demand cheaper products
2) Because we consumers do not stop buying it

How will they know we want it changed if we keep buying the product? They won't ever know.

That is why we must STOP buying it and TELL THEM WHY. After a lot of complaints, things will change. They will get safer products OR face going out of business!

For this to happen our society needs to GROW UP first though. Which may take a long long time....if it ever happens at all...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes that is what I meant.

Like you said and what I agree upon is that companies number 1 priority is to cut cost. If they can get away with using legal additives to fill their product( or preserve/ or flavor / or to fulfill any of the hundreds of purposes), then they will use it. They care less about the consumer... as long as the product is edible and it tastes ok and they cut all the costs they possible can then the companies are happy to sell their product.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
COMPLETE TRASH!!

Whew - glad I only eat Burger King ..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join