It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Police Use New Tactic Against Peaceful G20 Protestors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

To me this seems a cross between a Napoleonic battle line and organized kidnapping. I don't see the trouble that the protestors caused to validate these abductions.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

CX

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Your link is not working, could you try posting it again please.

Sounds like snatch quads, we were taught to use the technique.....but i'll hold off on that until i watch the vid.

CX.

[edit on 27/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Sounds like snatch quads, we were taught to use the technique.....but i'll hold off on that until i watch the vid.

CX.

[edit on 27/6/10 by CX]

I think I've seen the video and it looks like snatch squads as you say.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

CX.

[edit on 27/6/10 by CX]

Sorry about that.

I think I got it

CX

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yep snatch squads.

Definately not a new technique, but works well in the right situation.

Get rid of the gobby instigators or maybe someone out to do more than just protest peacefully, and believe it or not it can help with the calm atmosphere of a protest. Not all protesters need this sort of action.

They wouldn't just snatch anyone for no reason, unfortunately in these sort of videos we rarely see the reason they were arrested...just the "nasty cops" taking them away.

CX.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Demonstrators should group as independent squads, and dont act as lonely sheeps in these kinds of demonstrations. Its easy to pick up one, another from there when there is no shields around leading voices. Silent people should protect those who keep the voice up - Ive seen it works in Asia very well - in front of threats, others make human walls to protect those who carry the loud voices - those who are mainly targeted by police.

We the people should learn and prepare for coming and growing Police brutality with decent attitude, education, materials and form counteractive lines against aggressive police forces.

In succesful demonstration there is no room for anarchy.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, So are they taking the folks that are trying to get the crowd going in a good way or a bad way? I don't like how the vid does not show what they are doing prior to the tackle. If the guys they were grabbing were throwing things at the police, enough said. In the end I feel it makes the police look desperate.

The best part is around 1 min 40 sec when you see a young officer posture a civi with his baton and then appears to taunt him...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Surely that's illegal isn't it?

Assault and wrongful arrest always used to be a crime...isn't it so anymore?

Police are just as subject to the law as the public are. If the people that were assaulted and 'snatched' or more accurately, illegally arrested were committing a crime and were resisting arrest, fair enough, but there was no evidence of a crime being committed by the people who got targeted in this clip, not that i could see.

I'd seriously bring a litigation against these police for both assault and wrongful arrest.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

they just passed a secret law that allows them to arrest anybody they want to under certain conditions....

a secret law
In Canada

when zundle was being held for years with out charges

Pierre Blais the x attorney general actually stated:
"the truth is no defence"

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
They wouldn't just snatch anyone for no reason, unfortunately in these sort of videos we rarely see the reason they were arrested...just the "nasty cops" taking them away.

CX.

That's what I'd like to think. And to be fair, we don't see what's going on with the arrestees in the crowd.

However, what we see of the crowd appears to be a docile gathering of people. At most the ones with the loudest voices appear to be those objecting to the "snatching" of the "snatch squads".

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Why don't the 'loud' voices in a protest, use their brains as well as their mouths?
OK..record into MP3 their slogan, speech, crown raising, protest agenda or whatever would have the most organizing and rallying effect on the 'quieter' protesters, carry on a small cheap mp3 player, the output of which can be connected to a loud haler system, like a megaphone.

Blast these messages out towards the crowd, from a safe distance.

There is a reason the generals and other top brass don't go into battle, but stay well back and observe...they don't want to be killed or captured. If they are out of 'snatch' range, they can continue to organize, direct and motivate.

A little thought goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ahh...that explains it.

Are these 'secret laws' themselves illegal, i wonder?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

They deserve it for allowing it to happen.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for stupid unarmed people going up against an army geared for urban warfare while they act shocked and surprised when they get beaten like the misbehaved dogs they are.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
the misbehaved dogs they are.

Is this sarcasm?

Why is peaceable assembly and non-violent protest the action of "misbehaved dogs"? I just don't see violence from the protestors in this video. There may be some, to be fair, but the crowd appears largely docile.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The the amount of heightened security this year is just down right insane. I thought last year was bad, but this brings security and control to a whole new level. I'm just scared to see what's going to happen next year. Hell, they arrested Charlie Veitch on the first day, just for not giving his name and details, because apparently they changed the laws for the G20, gimme a break. Plus they didn't even let Luke Rudkowski into the country. Seems to me that they are more scared of the protesters than the protesters are of them, which is laughable considering all the equipment the police have to protect themselves while the protesters have nothing. I wish I had the money to fly up there and see this debacle for myself. I wouldn't leave home without a riot shield though. Imagine all the protesters all had riot shields to protect themselves from the riot police, that would be really interesting. Plus you wouldn't need signs anymore, you can write what every you would normally put on a sign on the riot shield.
Okay now I'm getting off topic

Here's the vids of Charlie Veitch from the Love Police being arrested:

Luke Not being allowed in the country:

Update on Charlie's Arrest:

[edit on 6/27/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Yes very sarcastic.. it's obviously how the police view them. And yet they submit to it.. just like if you kick a loyal dog, it comes back.

Sad.

True.

Which makes it sadder.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Not a new technique, as many have said.

What struck me most in watching this was that it was hard to tell what launched the snatch. Seemed quiet to me. Unnaturally quiet.

Thought I heard one guy yell something like, "Oh come one...this is a protest..."

These two things combined left the impression of the police almost totally controlling and quashing all sound and movement.

That's a little extreme if they were in the designated protest area, don't you think?

It all just seemed...off.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Peaceful protestors? Are you serious?

Vandalism and rioting are not peaceful. I want to see broken arms, broken legs, and I want to see a lot of blood. The damage they are inflicting on these businesses, in the downtown area, is the same damage I want inflicted on them.

Want to see a peaceful protest? Try looking at footage of the TEA Party Protests. That is the model.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The police are just going in to snatch and removepeople that are identifying as troublemakers - perhaps the perhaps the people shouting abuse which you can hear.

It must be very difficult for the police what with every second person being a member of the press! Do you notice that noone is doing anything except taking photos and everytime to police snatch someone half a dozen press charge through.

Regards

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Economic warfare and treason isn't exactly peaceful either.

I see no difference in their actions .. what's burning 2 police cars compared to the looting of hundreds of billions of dollars throughout the World, while taxing the people through inflation and taxation, all the while inflating costs and sacrificing jobs for the sake of the few Oligarchs?

They cannot be compared.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join