It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I apparently missed all the action while I was resting my eyes. Thank you everyone for the videos and pictures to get me caught up.
this is what I saw when i got up this morning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db6311dffd94.jpg[/atsimg]

I think I see the mule shoe in the boa rov one feed?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49214a9d3271.jpg[/atsimg]

and then what is this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f61bcec9e69c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by iamfascinated]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by lardo5150

At that depth?

Also, Q4000 – ROV 2 seems to be monitoring them.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by justadood]

Yes, all that stuff floats down to he bottom. Think of all those weird looking fish and jelly fish we see in those pictures on the discovery channel that live in total darkness. They feed on that gunk.

You're probably right. But why does it appear that the q400's seem to be monitoring this debris?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

Right, no feeds of the gusher today - just showing off the new equipment.

Thanks for the images everyone, I missed it as I was sleeping.
I do hope it gets contained soon!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
On BOA 1 we can see the transition spool which would be the next installation, but so far we are just watching it float.

Wish they would get the move on and get this thing capped.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
is this the first time we havent had a constant view of the oil itself?

--------------------

what's skandi 2 looking at?:

[edit on 11-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There have been several times when we weren't allowed a view of the gusher.

Either the feeds were blacked out for whatever reason, or they were all involved in other ops and we would get sporadic views at the most.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the suspense is killing me
It is torture to see the pieces just floating in the water, put them on already. fix it or end it, poo or get off the pot.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
boa 1 is showing the flow right now

skandi 2 from a distance as well

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just came acrross this wow, it looks like they are done for.

" LONDON -- A British newspaper says that BP is talking with Apache Corp. of the United States about possibly selling $18 billion worth of assets
BP spokesman Robert Wine said the company would not comment on "market speculation."

The Sunday Times said Apache Corp., based in Houston, was discussing the possibility of acquiring BP assets including a stake in the Prudhoe Bay field in Alaska. The newspaper did not cite a source for its report.

BP is thought to be considering some asset sales to raise cash to cover its liability for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The company agreed to set aside some assets as security while it builds up a $20 billion compensation fund agreed with the U.S. government.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=7548358

[edit on 11-7-2010 by brianman]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
they are getting the next piece of apparatus aligned right now, should not be much longer and will will begin to see them connect....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would think that they needed to remove that white dispersant hose from inside the hole in order to install the transition spool.

Have to wonder what they are waiting for. Wish so much that there was a feed of communication we could monitor as well as the video feeds.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What is Enterprise ROV2 looking at?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

I guess it's some secret uranium mix to get the oil out ! But I haven't see such a green thing before !

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen

Have to wonder what they are waiting for. Wish so much that there was a feed of communication we could monitor as well as the video feeds.

they did say in that video you posted earlier that i would take a few days, depending on circumstances.

now, wth is this?:

Ent ROV 2:

does the flow seem a lot lighter than just the other day to anyone else?

i can see it on Ocean Intervention III - ROV 2 at the moment, and it seems much lighter

[edit on 11-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

me too it seems like there is not as much pressure? maybe because that other fitting thing was removed???

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the skandi 2 shot is just too far away to see any detail.. I wish they would drive foward a bit closer.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamfascinated

me too it seems like there is not as much pressure? maybe because that other fitting thing was removed???

I've been gone awhile, and I'd have to say no that the flow looks pretty much the same as it did the last time I saw it, maybe a week ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I've been watching Enterprise ROV 2 a few minutes after you posted that screen shot. I'm guessing that it's looking at some structure below the BOP/new-cap operation, either the base of the BOP itself on the riser, or possibly another structure below...?

Either way, the ROV appears to be prodding the area where the pipe enters the disc/cylinder, and the probe moves up right inside, and out comes visible ejections of oil-like looking fluids, in small amounts, but more dramatically, great eruptions of white chrystaline structures that I guess may be methane hydrate forms of some kind, instantly solidifying as they emerge?

It is also looking at another ejection of some weird green fluid from the side/corner of the cylinder, as if escaping between it's end plate and the cylinder wall...also appears to be some damage to the outer flange running outside the line of bolts at the base of the cylinder (part missing) and lots of nasty chemical build-up all over the base of the structure...

I hope this isn't the base of the BOP, as it doesn't fill me with confidence about the lifespan of the structure once capped with their new shiny 40,000 psi rated cap. Aside from the possible extra weight (on the base of the BOP), we also know about the issue with that second pipe which I guess will be influencing pressure and flow and erosion inside). If the base is sufficiently compromised surely they could find that capping the BOP tightly may blow the base out?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I know they said a few days, but that was posted on the 9th on their site. It is the 11th now, and I guess I just want this thing capped already, as do we all.

FINALLY the dispersant hose is out, so we should see the spool in place shortly.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I had thought the reason they could not cap the leak originally was due to breakage underneath the ocean floor. Is this still a threat?

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join