It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Scarey Stuff Here** The Deepwater Horizon-How Deep Was It Drilling ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm no Greene, but why is it in the USA you have cars that are
mostly 3 liters upwards and pickups and suvs that are like 5to
8 liters cubic capacity?

why the need for these thirsty uneconomical vehicles.
in the UK there may be the odd range rover v8 but then
its still only likely to be 4 liters cc if that.

and our cars start at 99 cc and the average is about 1.8cc
and they have all the power to do speeds well over 120 MPH

the US speed limit is 50 MPH in most states ain't it so why
chug all that gas just going 50 MPH?

and the price difference we in the UK pay around £1.20 per
liter and you pay what the same for 4 times the amount.

madness.

yes if i had the money i would love a porsche 3.6 liter turbo
maybe 25 miles to the gallon but that is still good economy compared to
the USA.most my cars have been 1000cc to 2000cc
and given the choice i would go for a 1700 turbo diesel 40 MPG.

can you tell me why the USA has this policy of huge engines
with poor fuel consumption yet it's cheap for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Originally posted by icecold7
it was deeper then anybody EVER drilled b4

BUT HEY you guys needed the oil...... and don't bother me about shoes and stuff i'll walk around barefoot with a loincloth.

OHHHHHH NO YOU WILL NOT!
Noone wants to see that nasty sh!t.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

The oil reservoir BP tapped is 26,000FT BSL. Not 15,000.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotgal
reply to post by Primordial

EXCELLENT POINTS!!! Sorry- the "greeners", can't be bothered with FACTS. Of course, not ONE of THEM, has EVER made ANY contribution to societies benefit. It is SOO easy, to just sit and bitch. In complete ignorance.
These people, would be extinct, in a more moral time!

What's depressing about this is that Primordial did make excellent points and you attempted to subvert them to support a hate-filled agenda. It may be infantile to suggest torching SUV's is any kind of a solution but the suggestion of violence ('would be extinct, in a more moral time!') pushes past infantile and into nauseating.

"Greeners" come in many shapes and forms. To dismiss all who have a consideration for the environment and suggest they do not contribute to society's benefit reveals your own cognitive bias. If we continue to operate this way, we will all be extinct far earlier than our natural sunset would otherwise dictate.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

You're a farmer and need the vehicle the other fool is just an Obese american who thinks he's cool driving an suv, there's a big difference NO?

Who are you to judge? How would you know why someone chooses to drive an SUV? You wouldn't!

i'm not a greener I think most of those people are crazy, just making a statement that if they really want attention they should start doing stuff like that. Pouring oil over yourself at a BP gas station or congressional hearing is forgotten the next day. Torching a car lot filled with SUV's or attaching a bomb on SUV's all over America, would not be forgotten. RIGHT?

I'm just trying to give these green people ideas, in order to have a message sink in terror is a very effective weapon.

BTW just wondering how you can make a person mulch when they trigger an explosive device a mile away with a beeper or cheap prepay phone attached to it? You must be Flash Gordon i suppose, and lets say a green person was caught? Are you going to attack a jail and kidnap them?

PLEASE

What your talking about is terrorism and while terrorism may work for TPTB, it wouldn't work for getting any kind of humane point across. Will bombing or torching cars be remembered? Sure, but so will knocking three buildings down with airplanes. It doesn't mean that your going to win people over to your cause, rather you'll alienate them. If I ever saw someone torching other people's property or placing a bomb anywhere, I'd shoot them on site.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Not all of the drivers in the USA drive big V8 powered cars. Mine is a 3l turbo diesel in a 1982 Mercedes Benz. My wife drives a Mazda Millenia with a 2.5l V6. Although Mazda and the Mercedes get about the same mileage of my Cadillac Sedan Deville with a NorthStar V8.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
I'm no Greene, but why is it in the USA you have cars that are
mostly 3 liters upwards and pickups and suvs that are like 5to
8 liters cubic capacity?

why the need for these thirsty uneconomical vehicles.
in the UK there may be the odd range rover v8 but then
its still only likely to be 4 liters cc if that.

and our cars start at 99 cc and the average is about 1.8cc
and they have all the power to do speeds well over 120 MPH

the US speed limit is 50 MPH in most states ain't it so why
chug all that gas just going 50 MPH?

and the price difference we in the UK pay around £1.20 per
liter and you pay what the same for 4 times the amount.

madness.

yes if i had the money i would love a porsche 3.6 liter turbo
maybe 25 miles to the gallon but that is still good economy compared to
the USA.most my cars have been 1000cc to 2000cc
and given the choice i would go for a 1700 turbo diesel 40 MPG.

can you tell me why the USA has this policy of huge engines
with poor fuel consumption yet it's cheap for you.

It's insane over here in America! The people are so wasteful it beyond comprehension. I traveled to the supermart today (next time i'll bring my digicam) and take pictures! The parking lot was filled with SUV and huge cars. I almost felt like crying, in the store itself you would never believe the amt. of food these people purchase, potato chip, twinkies (one guy at school claims they have meat in them) anyway the worst food you could imagine and perhaps I noticed 7-8 in shape or thin people. Right next to this mart is a McDonald and as a hot day I stop in for Ice tea, woman in front of me had a whole tray of food for herself, back home this easily would have fed 3 people...... For the most part I try very hard to ignore this activity after the BP incident complete impossibility!

I think these people believe this is normal behavior, and the SUV thing is a one upmanship deal where 1 person buys one and the next man wants his bigger. You can verify the attitude right here on ATS where individual posters think this is funny stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_Machine

Not all of the drivers in the USA drive big V8 powered cars. Mine is a 3l turbo diesel in a 1982 Mercedes Benz. My wife drives a Mazda Millenia with a 2.5l V6. Although Mazda and the Mercedes get about the same mileage of my Cadillac Sedan Deville with a NorthStar V8.

why do you need 3 cars? sorry I should have inserted this in my last post. It just shocks me 2 people need 3 cars? Do you collect cars? I don't understand??

sorry airspoon I got taken away with cars again

Ok 911 I did not approve if they had kept it military targets well the USA knew very well a state of war existed. I personally don't have an issue with the Taliban, see not all of them wanted this 911 and knew little bush would go nuts.....Now on blowing up suv's, if you were to repeatedly target them day after day year after year people would be afraid to buy them.

also why is it all these right wing ATS militants want to shoot JBL now? All i'm doing is espousing ideas here on how to complete an agenda. Personally I would not attack an SUV because most people have insurance and the stupid thing would just be replaced.

1 Question I thought you need special permits for a handgun in the USA? do you carry one of these around? Also by killing a person for a terrorist act against an SUV you find an SUV more important versus human life? Why not just shoot the gun in the air and tell the person FREEZE?! I think you could be charged with murder or something for this action. If you do own a handgun i'm not sure psychologically you can handle the responsibility.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

[edit on 25/6/2010 by shauny]

Are you serious!? that is waaaay more than I could ever emagine. oh my god!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

There was a recent thread that stated BP tapped into a batholith, a huge reservoir of oil that extends from the gulf all the way up to the northern
US. The oil could gush out FOREVER! The implications of this tragedy are unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

why do you need 3 cars? sorry I should have inserted this in my last post. It just shocks me 2 people need 3 cars? Do you collect cars? I don't understand??

I wasn't clear on the Cadillac. I gave it to my brother after his station wagon got totaled out by a drunk driver.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Don't they have a risky well up in Alaska?

Only if you believe hysterical people or propaganda spread by radical environmental groups and completely ignore science or facts.

In fact had this disaster occured with a well drilled on land, it would have been fixed within 48 hours and the cleanup would have been done within weeks and it would be history by now.

The risk is because the environmentalist propaganda and law suits have driven our government to force drilling into deep waters, greatly increasing the risks. The environmental groups and their lawsuits are the direct cause of the Gulf disaster. Those holes would have never been drilled at huge costs otherwise. They know they have their followers in such a state of hysteria, they can count on them to never look at actual facts. No Politician would dare blame them even though it is a fact.

There are huge oil reserves on land in the US. What the government has done, while enslaving us to radical environmental groups wishes and Middle East Oil, is to limit drilling to area's where drilling is not economically feasible. Its all smoke and mirrors. They claim the companies can drill, but they lie about the fact they have limited drilling to area's that can not be drilled due to costs. At the same time they take over public lands under false pretenses to make sure the huge reserves are never drilled.

I think most if not all environmental groups are false fronts. Yes their membership that they keep in a constant state of hysterics with propaganda think they are helping the environment, when in fact they are serving masters who are lying to them.

We could supply all of our own needs now. We could do it safely and drill entirely on land. We could do it without harming the environment. Sit back and watch our economy and country destroyed by fake environmentalism.

How soon we forget the environmental law suits caused the huge fires in Arizona (Sierra Club admitted to this and apologized) and the destructive fire in Yellowstone Park. They always do more damage than good and it is not by accident. It is carefully orchestrated.

Don't get me wrong. BP messed up big time and they clearly need new leadership and a housecleaning. I'm not excusing that nor am I downplaying the magnitude of this disaster. I'm just laying blame where it belongs. I'm often baffled why people are so easy to fool when they seem intelligent otherwise.

The victims of the Gulf should be down the throats of the phony politicians who have made drilling our real reserves impossible and directly confronting the environmental groups, that are political fronts, for their part in forcing drilling into deep waters on purpose. I can easily imagine them praying for this disaster or even causing it in fact.

How hard could it be for a radical to get a job on a rig given enough time?

[edit on 6/26/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I wasn't clear on the Cadillac. I gave it to my brother after his station wagon got totaled out by a drunk driver.
Oh ok I hope he wasn't hurt by the idiot! See that's another issue a huge tank suv driven by a drunk is in itself a WMD NO? The mercedes is acceptable since it is 1982 I believe it's almost a classic antique which leads me to believe it's well maintained and something you cherish and work hard on as a hobby. These suv's though can only really be maintained by mechanics because of emission parts.... so the people whom own them are essentially eco crooks.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Oh ok I hope he wasn't hurt by the idiot! See that's another issue a huge tank suv driven by a drunk is in itself a WMD NO? The mercedes is acceptable since it is 1982 I believe it's almost a classic antique which leads me to believe it's well maintained and something you cherish and work hard on as a hobby. These suv's though can only really be maintained by mechanics because of emission parts.... so the people whom own them are essentially eco crooks.

No one in my brothers car was hurt, including his two small children. The driver that hit them tried to leave the scene on foot, but fortunately because of his level of intoxication and his broken leg and foot and collar bone, he didn't make it very far. The Mercedes is in very good shape, it is a 300cd with only 155,500 miles on it. The interior is flawless except for a small wear spot on the drivers seat. I drive the car everyday.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Freedom_Machine]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_Machine

L@@K at this funny suv commercial

but anyway as I guessed you know the car inside and out and if one little thing is out of kilter you would realize it. Funny how these drunks just can't leave the car and walk, taxi, or even sleep in the car?////

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Well, I live in the USA and I drive a 4 cylinder sedan. A 1999 Chevy Cavalier. It is fuel injected and will probably go 140 + MPH. The speed limit is 65 and everyone goes 70 + or they will be ran off the road . I would get a new car but I'm waiting for an ethanol E 85 or similar pump closer to my house. I don't want to burn oil any more. No choice though as the oil companies use the media to brain wash the general public into believing we still have to burn gasoline. I would make my own fuel but I'm sure their will be some regulation prohibiting it.

Yes. These people are nuts. You can rob them blind. As long as they have a pair of sneakers, tee shirt, jeans and a bloated stomach full of garbage they're happy. Oh, I almost forgot the gas guzzler muscle cars, SUVS and other status symbols.

Your gasoline is even taxed more than ours is. That's why your gas costs more.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Smith

Well, I live in the USA and I drive a 4 cylinder sedan. A 1999 Chevy Cavalier. It is fuel injected and will probably go 140 + MPH. The speed limit is 65 and everyone goes 70 + or they will be ran off the road . I would get a new car but I'm waiting for an ethanol E 85 or similar pump closer to my house. I don't want to burn oil any more. No choice though as the oil companies use the media to brain wash the general public into believing we still have to burn gasoline. I would make my own fuel but I'm sure their will be some regulation prohibiting it.

Yes. These people are nuts. You can rob them blind. As long as they have a pair of sneakers, tee shirt, jeans and a bloated stomach full of garbage they're happy. Oh, I almost forgot the gas guzzler muscle cars, SUVS and other status symbols.

Your gasoline is even taxed more than ours is. That's why your gas costs more.

here look at the brainwashing with this suv commercial! See how they subliminal message even the kids that suv's are cool!

You readily observe this phenomena right here on ATS once i start denigrating it doesn't take long for one of the addicts to appear and defend their drug of choice! I'm sort of like an SUV (drug councilor) and am trying different approaches looking for any chink in the armor.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
It seems hard to believe that oil could be found that far below the sea floor, given what we know about the stuff. It just seems a little odd, that's all.

Given what they THINK they know. Given that no dinosaur bones have ever been dredged up during oil drilling expeditions, or any dinosaur bones found around drilling wells, do you REALLY think that oil was made up of decomposing dinosaurs?

Even in Alberta, Canada, the dinosaur bones are found a LONG way south from where the oil is.

It's also interesting to note that to the best of my knowledge, they have NEVER found oil close to large finds of dinosaur remains.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Teabags

Great reply!

Because that's a little fact we tend to forget: To whom those greedy guys sell their oil.

We all are consuming oil, and not just by driving cars. In the production-process of many products we consume oil has been used, and many of those products even are made of oil.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
It seems hard to believe that oil could be found that far below the sea floor, given what we know about the stuff. It just seems a little odd, that's all.

--airspoon

Just what I was thinking... how did all that biomass get down that far to eventually turn to oil? How deep is oil usually found???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join