It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Scarey Stuff Here** The Deepwater Horizon-How Deep Was It Drilling ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just wondering. How far down is the lava to where BP did drilled too?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Great graphics. I'm stealing them for my topic on BP art. Thanks.

About the depth of the drilling, I remember hearing that the deep well, Tiber at about 35000 feet and not the one where the rig exploded, which was Macondo at about 5000 feet) was drilled for a scientific investigation. Does anyone have links to sources on that? As in whose drill sight it was and what were they looking for? Oil? Something else? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Its on wikipedia
You mite want to have a look at this too

www.wired.com...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Relaxfreedom]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Thanks Shauny for posting this. Very informative. But there's Extreme-Deep drilling -- drilling over 14,000 feet BELOW sea level.

Obama has promised to make a preliminary loan to Petrobras of $2 Billion US dollars for their Extreme-Deep Oil Drilling. Just in case you mistook Obama for someone who cares about the environment.

Petrobras is a state-run Brazilian oil company and the largest company in all of Latin America. It made $15 Billion USD last year in NET profits. Why are we loaning them $2 Billion?

By strange coincidence, George Soros has over $600,000,000 USD (that's over half a Billion USD) invested in Petrobras. With the offshore drilling moratorium, Brazil is one of the countries already bidding on taking away some US rigs.

The US is losing over $300,000,000 (300 million USD) a MONTH from the ban on these 33 rigs. Nevermind that Americans desperately need these jobs & the money. Nevermind that once these rigs leave US control they will NOT come back. Nevermind that this means the US loses proprietary technology with these rigs.

Nevermind that of the 50,000 offshore oil rigs ( 5,000 of these are "Deep Water" rigs and 700 are Extreme Deep Water), there has not been a serious oil spill incident until "Deep Water Horizon." And there are very suspicious circumstances around this rig failure.

It fits in perfectly with the Far Left's plans for the INDUCED collapse of the US economy. Look up the Cloward & Piven Strategy.

Astroved

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Well that explains where all the pressure is coming from.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks OP for that graphic. It is of immense educational value. So it looks like BP has drilled to great depths for this oil platform. No wonder the top management and the top politicians are acting clueless now as to how to stop the gusher.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

[edit on 25/6/2010 by shauny]

If the gusher isn't stopped soon, then BP's share in that pie chart would definitely increase.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
it was deeper then anybody EVER drilled b4
i examined the oil spill evryday since day 1
yet i learned this fact like a week ago
did i miss it or did they hide that fact?
please tell me

No it wasn't, nowhere near in fact,
there are many which are deeper than this
about 30,000 feet is the current deepest,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

please tell me

PEACE,
RK

sorry Rigel you're wrong

en.wikipedia.org...

deepwater ranked #1 unless the Russians are doing something we don't know about.

Project Liberty will be the deepest eventually since it's a 2.5 horizontal and undetermined drill depth for right now. This one should be interesting since BP developed a super drill that has triple horsepower. It's a very amazing piece of technology.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astroved
reply to post by shauny

Nevermind that of the 50,000 offshore oil rigs

Where did you get that figure from?
I was under the impression that there are less than 1000 jack-ups and semi-subs. please post your source

FROM WIKI.....

As of June, 2010, there were over 620 mobile offshore drilling rigs (Jackups, semisubs, drillships, barges) available for service in the competitive rig fleet. [5]

Source: Worldwide Offshore Rig Utilization

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I do not really understand all of these, "oh, I get it now" responses to this thread. What has learning the depth of the well taught you that you didn't already know? Want to see exploratory drilling stop in deep water, then bug your congressmen and women to relax and let us drill more on land where its safer. I know, mean old oil people are gonna get ya while your sleeping sound in your bed, surrounded by products that were made possible with oil.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Whoops, double post...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Aaron_Justin]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

please tell me

PEACE,
RK

sorry Rigel you're wrong

en.wikipedia.org...

deepwater ranked #1 unless the Russians are doing something we don't know about.

Nope.....

Release date: 02 September 2009
BP announced today a giant oil discovery at its Tiber Prospect in the deepwater US Gulf of Mexico.

The well, located in Keathley Canyon block 102, approximately 250 miles (400 kilometres) south east of Houston, is in 4,132 feet (1,259 metres) of water. The Tiber well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 35,055 feet (10,685 metres) making it one of the deepest wells ever drilled by the oil and gas industry

There are many, many wells deeper than the one in question.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

You forget that Macondo 252 is 5000ft below sea level+ the 35,000 makes it the deepest. But don't worry we'll go far deeper the liberty drill site can push 50,000ft.....hopefully when it kicks and blows they have a back-up drill!

Amazing how all this drilling is happening under the authority of the USA, talk about pushing the boundaries......BP should invest in space technology and start drilling on other planets!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Relaxfreedom

My question was:

"...was drilled for a scientific investigation. Does anyone have links to sources on that? As in whose drill sight it was and what were they looking for? Oil? Something else? Thanks."

Why did you send me to Wired? I don't see anything that answers my question there. Am I missing something?

Are you saying that no, it wasn't a scientific sight? That was drilled by the oil companies? A little help here please.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

please tell me

PEACE,
RK

sorry Rigel you're wrong

en.wikipedia.org...

Nope.....

Release date: 02 September 2009
BP announced today a giant oil discovery at its Tiber Prospect in the deepwater US Gulf of Mexico.

The well, located in Keathley Canyon block 102, approximately 250 miles (400 kilometres) south east of Houston, is in 4,132 feet (1,259 metres) of water. The Tiber well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 35,055 feet (10,685 metres) making it one of the deepest wells ever drilled by the oil and gas industry

There are many, many wells deeper than the one in question.

PEACE,
RK

Rigel Kent, someone is trusting BP to drill any even deeper well in the Gulf after this mega catastrophe that threatens the whole world? Incredible.

Astroved

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

JBL, why does this site say this?

...a water depth of 4,993 feet...

The Deepwater Horizon semisub commenced operations in February 2010 and had recently terminated drilling at a depth of just over 18,000 feet ... link

I thought it was Tiber that was at the 35505 feet deep? link

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Interesting question,

I'll have to research BP's site perhaps BP is doing the same formula they use estimating reservoir amt's. For instance every time BP logs a strike the claim 50-100 million barrels which makes sense. IF BP was honest about these amounts the price of oil would drop.

Per depth? who knows perhaps Rigel is correct,

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Sorry my mistake Im still getting use to this ATS

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
It seems hard to believe that oil could be found that far below the sea floor, given what we know about the stuff. It just seems a little odd, that's all.

--airspoon

Good point!

How would the bodies of the prehistoric plants/animals and shtuff get way way down there.. ?

A quick google for illustrations of oil deposits, show them a lot closer to the surface e.g.

www.howstuffworks.com...

Vellee interesteeng

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join