It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Era had the best Fashion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Which era do you think had the best fashion? I think the Gothic era would be fun to dress in. My mom said the 80's but Im really not into leg warmers and poofy hair.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My era AKA Today!!!

Well I could prove this if I could find my hands on some decent dig pics of me.

Update coming later.........

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just think the fifties were hilarious.

Men mowing the grass in ties and jackets.

And Capri pants for all the ladies!!!

But the Rat Pack was swank. Credit where credit's due. I like to dress in Vegas too.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I would say right now is the best ever.

The 80's fashions were lame and embarrassing.

[Edited on 13-6-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is anyone old enough to remember painter pants, parachute pants and rock and roll button covered Levi jackets? It would be embarrassing today but it was so cool back then.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What era was the gothic era?

As far as I know they never had one......

I notice 80's punk chic is now sold in mainstream clothing outlets ....

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I like the 60's retro look...gogo boots, mod wear, furniture, hats, patterns....the parties, the make-up, the hair. I watch old James Bond and Maxwell Smart flicks and think it is just such a cool era.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
any era but this. its embarrasing that white guys dress like the rappers on BET and MTV.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
any era but this. its embarrasing that white guys dress like the rappers on BET and MTV.

Agree'd.

I liked the 80's, made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hey kinglizard i remeber that stuff. how about those pants called skidz? that was cool for a while, they were just like real baggy pajamas.

how does a black dude dress? all people can dress however the GDF they want to. is white dude wants to dress in YOUR perception of what a black dude wears why should it embarass you?

i don't dress any how just the way i dress. it is not your whigger style, but if that is what some one wants to do more power to them.

if you take offense or are embarrased by it. that is your problem and weakness. get a life and stop smokin' sausage.

i'm just growing tired of punk bootied hoes makin' fun of people to hide their own weakness.

i do not have particular style, althought comfort is a main factor.
i like the seventies and perry farrell although i don't wear what he does, i think it's cool to see people express themselves throught their own style whatever it may be.

diversity is good. do whatever the hell you want. don't limit your self to on generation or category or click. just be. something other than a little overpresumptuous sausage smokin' biaaatch.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

if you take offense or are embarrased by it. that is your problem and weakness. get a life and stop smokin' sausage.

i'm just growing tired of punk bootied hoes makin' fun of people to hide their own weakness.

diversity is good. do whatever the hell you want. don't limit your self to on generation or category or click. just be. something other than a little overpresumptuous sausage smokin' biaaatch.

Interesting how you said "diversity is good" then use homosexuality as an insult

Hypocrite much?

You're almost as ridiculous as the standard hiphop getup

[Edited on 14-6-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
What era was the gothic era?

As far as I know they never had one......

The gothic era, also known as the Rennesaince (forgive my spelling) era, was mainly in France. The girl in my avatar is dressed in gothic style clothing. Also, heres a pic of a gothic style dress.

I would have so much fun wearing this around.

When I say gothic I dont mean spiked hair, and piercings and black clothes. I think thats punk.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Personally, I like the Tie-dye era but the most interesting, I think, is the Flapper era of the 20's.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
My favourite fashion era would be today. This is due to living in this era and not really remembering the 80's apart from the horrible kniited jumpers i used to wear lol.

Gotta rush, late for work

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Without doubt the Neanderthals had it right.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I assume you don't mean to include the Neanderthals themselves.

Today's era is the best because it's an update of all eras.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Funny that this thread has been posted as my gf and I were flipping through a History Of Fashion book just yesterday and having a good laugh over elaborate cod pieces and men in tights.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
no competition. no competition whatsoever.

there are 3 time periods with the best fashion

the 20's

frank sinatra's era

and the zoot suit era

....im not talking about the girls clothing, just guys.
i dont like girls clothing. i much prefer kick ash suits, good hats, and PINSTRIPES WOOO HOO!

but for girls....errr...uhhh......i have to agree with just an illusion, the gothic era was alright. but i prefer today.....because i wear pinstripes and awesome hats!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
then use homosexuality as an insult
Hypocrite much? " quote

i did not intend for it to seem or mean to say homosexual.

i should of thought a little longer for words to better describe people who view someone for five minutes and then draw conclusions on how they are or what they think they are. i was referring to people who take one look at someone and then mentally log them into some category and assume that they know everything about the person by taking on look at them.

like a white dude wearing rapper clothing is embarrasing? people say they are trying to be something they arent, which is BS. they are being exactly who they are.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I love the age old Jeans, t-shirt, and leather jacket thing (its my style)... but i prefer the style of nude (seriously) so i'd have to say the style of 50000 BC

new topics

top topics

join