It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive factory farms planned for Britain (Does this spell the end for traditional farming)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

A battle is under way in the British countryside to fight off plans for massive factory farms that would house thousands of animals in industrialised units without access to traditional grazing or foraging.

As if we don’t have enough factory farms as it is... It now seems that there are plans to build massive "Zero Grazing" factory farms in Britain.

I am not a vegetarian, however, i do believe that Animals deserve to be treated with a little dignity and respect. Not placed in concrete prisons for their entire existence.

There is plenty of research to suggest that stress free Animals, fed on open pastures, provide better quality meats as well as being much more ethically acceptable.

Sadly, this may spell the end for traditional farming techniques that will not be able to compete with the cheaper meat and dairy that results from intensively farmed Animals.

Personally i find this kind of treatment of animals disgusting, and to be blunt, If the world is currently not producing enough meat for the western diet... then the answer should be to eat LESS of it.

How can anyone justify the industrialisation of life

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
very sad news..... considering my neck of the woods we have some 900,000 less sheep than we used to comfortably have, the same can be said for cows etc...

This is a picture of the aminals on the Southdowns by me, which is what I grew up with and what I expect to see in our countryside.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/188cc81ade06.jpg[/atsimg]

I can not understand all this intensive farming when we are not even using the space we have properly... I honestly think treating animals this way is wrong, I'm no veggy, but we have to respect nature..

[edit on 25/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I can not understand all this intensive farming when we are not even using the space we have properly... I honestly think treating animals this way is wrong, I'm no veggy, but we have to respect nature..

I couldn’t agree more...

Love the photo

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
thats just discusting, We're turning animals into machines
anyone have a petition against it to sign or anything?

new topics

top topics

join