It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something my mom told me (when she was a homehealth nurse)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I used to not believe it, but I'm getting closer and closer to, because that guy said that the media would make movies and shows about it so when the government tells people, they won't panic. I mean there's been so much 2012 stuff and end of times things in our media that it really wouldn't be that surprising...
Also, a quick note, mods may or may not want to move this to the 2012 forum, I was looking for it and couldn't find it and I just saw it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hmmm...interesting.

Star for now...flag when we get something juicier.

Of course, it's totally plausible that scientists already know of possible threats to civilization via space...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

What's with the strange visuals in the video? The star and crescent which merges and looks a lot like a Shriners symbol. Also the horizon/new dawn symbol.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
NASA has just started openly talking about the possibility of massive solar storms. Even on cnn. They have been saying probably 2013. The videos on You Tube lately have been interesting.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdills1196

I used to not believe it, but I'm getting closer and closer to, because that guy said that the media would make movies and shows about it so when the government tells people, they won't panic.

Maybe people won't panic because they simply won't believe it?
Maybe the movies and shows will make it seem too far fetched to be believable? Maybe they will make it seem so silly that people will not perceive it as a threat? Or maybe they will convince people that it is a rescue coming for them?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Yeah maybe,....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Photon storm sounds like either the sun is going to shoot a laser at us or we're all gonna go blind. Ha! Seriously though, assuming your mom misunderstood, A solar storm is definitely possible. Ive been reading this hollow Earth theory stuff and if you tie the two together, maybe the inner Earth is being kept secret so we dont all run there when the time comes ha!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Nah the guy was old maybe he was just crazy or maybe he meant that? I'm just suspicious, because so far he's been right :\ I was doing research and I found that it was much more likely solar, I'm siding with you there.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There's nothing crazy with the two things you mentioned. They've been telling us for several years that the solar storm would be 2010 and 2011. They've recently changed it to 2011, 2012 or 2013 ... based on which scientist is speaking. The sun is doing some other things now (internally) which they expected to be doing the opposite ... that's why they seem to have backed off on 2010.

The meteor - about 14 years ago the big story was Apophous (I spelled it wrong I'm sure.) Anyway, their estimates of the distance it would be from Earth increased and increased even more as they got more details. If somebody could spell that Apophous correctly for us, jdills could search on it.

If your birthday is in two days, then 1196 is wrong. Happy Birthday in two days anyway!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Haha thanks! 11= Favorite number and 96= birth year. Its also my screen name for everything (Other than twitter and skype) I guess we'll have to play that all too common waiting game :/

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

No idea. I noticed that too. It was an NPR audio-only thing so I guess they added some visuals to fill the screen. As soon as I noticed them I flipped to another tab and just listened. Sorry about that. If I can find that NPR broadcast without the visuals, I'll replace it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Apophis, the meteor that is supposed to make its way around us soon. 2029 and 2036 are the only two years I can find referenced. One would think though, from these two dates, that it must orbit every 7 years - but I haven't been able to find anything on that yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well,the guy was telling the truth.

There has been over the last couple of years various government announcements,that when read singularly seem innocuous.

The civil population do not even make the connections.

But if you are retired military like I am,you know there is something going on.

I have considered posting the information but I probably will not.

At least not on this site.

The government is taking the 2012 possibility very serious and has already identified and put in to place a doomsday survivors machine.

Two of them actually.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

There has been over the last couple of years various government announcements,that when read singularly seem innocuous.

The government is taking the 2012 possibility very serious and has already identified and put in to place a doomsday survivors machine.

Two of them actually.

Come on now, you've gotta spill the beans. After saying something like that?

OP: Thanks for sharing your story with us.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Two of them actually.

now that you have our attention. what is the survivors machine?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Have people here made the connections? That you've seen?

Doomsday survivors machines? Like the arks in the movie 2012? Or more like a space ship? Is the space station involved? I know that a few years back people from Israel were all of a sudden all over Huntsville, AL, where a lot of the space station work goes on, and I remember researching that and finding more connections and some pretty strange things.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Oneolddude

Have people here made the connections? That you've seen?

Doomsday survivors machines? Like the arks in the movie 2012? Or more like a space ship? Is the space station involved? I know that a few years back people from Israel were all of a sudden all over Huntsville, AL, where a lot of the space station work goes on, and I remember researching that and finding more connections and some pretty strange things.

what kind of strange things did you find out going on in Hunstville?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlifesjrny

Two of them actually.

Come on now, you've gotta spill the beans. After saying something like that?

OP: Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I second the request!

This does make since out of the "dooms day vault".

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I wonder what would happen if the grid is down for months/years. People's jobs, banks and the money either in them, or that we owe. It's one thing to prepare, wood stove, gardens, cold weather clothing, but the economic stuff. Would they hit the reset button on debts, bank accounts? Is any of that stuff even on paper anymore?

Two words come to mind: Iron Mountain

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vtcajun

Ugh I hate trying to test my memory these days...but along with the fact that the Israelis were all of a sudden showing up there (I believe it was about three times in the span of a few months), the space shuttles started flying a LOT of trips. Unscheduled ones if I remember correctly, with strange reasons for them. I want to say this was three years ago or four. I do also recall that my theory at that time was that they were weaponizing the space station.

Funny, the story about the Israelis being there are gone now. I just looked. Online is where I found them. And now they are no more.

I did have it blogged, and unfortunately my blog site went away. I may have it it on CD. Will look tomorrow.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join