It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea seeks $75 trillion in compensation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdills1196
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Yeah but the US doesn't negotiate with terrorist.

but the CIA does !!!

well this story right here tells me there is
no doubt anymore that Lil Kimmy has gone
insane. And that is troubling cuz an insane
man has his finger on a nuclear trigger.
This war will not last long. A few buttons
on each side and a hundred year fallout.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/658135d3e5fd.jpg[/atsimg]

With that kind of cash, the little runt could get himself a bomb that really goes Kablooey!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

I don't mind some Americans, but honestly most of you are monsters no better than the Israeli's or the Nazi's or the Communists and you're even more dangerous.

How can you say you like Americans after posting this? You may qualify it by saying "most Americans", but your own statements show the man/woman behind the keyboard I'm afraid. On topic, I am having a hard time seeing what I should be paying for here, they closed the door on everybody but China years ago. What's an evil monster Israeli Nazi Communist to do?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Well I do. What I don't like is "LULZ HE"S INSANE WHAT A DUMBIE" UGGGGGG

It's insulting to read. I really expect more from ATS posters.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I don't see how that video helps your point. What does America have to do with North Koreas problems is the question that remains? Should'nt we blame China? The're the ones that are afraid of a mass exodus of refugees.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Well it has plenty to do with it. I'm sick of fighting over it. You're not going to understand. And I can't save you.

By all means keep pointing the finger at others and refusing to except responsibility for your own countries part in the conflict. And when your government drafts you to fight in a war with North Korea. Go and die if you'd like.

If you don't want to fight in the war. You can still pay for it with your taxes and your living standards. And those of your children.

Keep hating and being ignorant. Keep sucking down wikipedia and "Official" history.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I'll keep this short. I NEVER read wikiepedia ever. The war ended and a dome went over N.K. You stepped in it now back yourself up!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
They did it to themselves. Juche failed and they now find themselves the odd man out as the rest of the world moved forward. Communism bit the dust. The Soviets are gone and China is now capitalist.

Yeah but not suing for peace lets them use the rest of the world as justification for their twisted ideology and keeps the regime in power. And let it justify it's constant military buildup and move to nuclear weapons.

If they weren't brainwashed from birth to death that we're the enemy and they suffer because of their resistance to us they'd probably realise Kim Jong hasn't actually had any decent policies and isn't a great leader and kick him out.

But they aren't going to know that while there is a state of hostility, closed borders or lack of trade.

Look at this way. Lets say we declare peace tomorrow, lend them $5 trillion and drop all sanctions and open trade. They sure aren't going to be spending that money there. They're going to start consuming items from outside. And inevitably they would also start consuming our culture via Neo imperialism.

American culture is incredibly powerful and so it its media. It wouldn't take long for them to formant unrest. And even if they didn't they've gotta pay that money back somehow so they'd need to get jobs and start producing and exporting.

Any kind of cash settlement is way better than having to fight the end of that war. It will be a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Sorry to be negative here but how old are you? Are you over college age (doubtful). OK, Let me explain... NK is a totalitarian Dictatorship.... Do you know what that is? Anybody in NK who speaks a word against Kim is DEAD.

They will KILL any opposition... there will not be a "media". If we dumped money from the sky, the government would take it from the population. There is not going to be a "resistance" or "dissent" because the people are unarmed and Kim's Army, secret police, regular police, etc will KILL them, Torture them, etc. What the people want is IRRELEVANT. The power is held by the elite chosen of Kim. There is nothing they can do. They can barely eat as the government takes their damned food.

You cannot make peace with a madman. What is in it for him?

Nothing! Nothing but the possibility of loosing an ounce of god-like authority.

There is NO motivation. There is no bribe that can be used for peace unless we have an "immortality" drug which we will give him if he is still allowed to stay in power. This is a ruthless dictator who has everything he wants. There is NOTHING he personally gains. He give a rats ass about the population or anyone else beyond his own family (maybe).

NK will only change if Kim and his cronies are "gone". Even then, there is a 99% chance another Dictator will assume power. What you call a Democracy or Republic is very new and ONLY happens with the assistance of another "Democracy or Repulbic". It is unnatural to the nature of man which is to seize and keep power.... for life.

If not for the wisdom of George Washington I highly doubt there would be a single Democracy or Republic in the world today. Oligarchy is the way of man, always has been.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jdills1196

Sooo people are saying America didn't/doesn't have anything to do with N-Korean situation?

Team America is back to take down N-Korean propaganda while failing to notice how their own brains have been influenced in to thinking everything which comes from the N is rubbish, or stupid, or out right-outrageous.

Have a think, do your research, start from Cuba.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Probably said to make North Korea's citizens hate America even more if they don't already.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I got two pages in and couldn't stop laughing... Most of which came from the fact that humans fight over material objects. Stack that gold/silver/oil/diamonds/cash up, because it is going to look real good at your funeral when you die in 30 years anyways
What a huge waste of time, as if you could take it with you or something. How primitive we are, if there was such a thing as de-evolution we would be the definition....

Like George Carlin said we are CTD (circling the drain)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Send them a 65 trillion dollar bill. They will never find anyone with enough change to break it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Sorry to be negative here but how old are you? Are you over college age (doubtful). OK, Let me explain... USA is a totalitarian Dictatorship.... Do you know what that is? Anybody in USA who speaks a word against Obama is DEAD.

They will KILL any opposition... there will not be a "media". If we dumped money from the sky, the government would take it from the population. There is not going to be a "resistance" or "dissent" just because the people are armed and Obama's Army, secret police, regular police, etc will KILL them, Torture them, etc.

US will only change if Obama and his cronies are "gone". Even then, there is a 99% chance another President will assume power. What you call a Democracy or Republic is very new and ONLY happens with the assistance of another "Democracy or Repulbic". It is unnatural to the nature of man which is to seize and keep power.... for life. Especially over other countries.

If not for the wisdom of George Washington I highly doubt there would be a single Democracy or Republic in the world today. Oligarchy is the way of man, always has been.

Understand yet?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

reply to post

Understand yet?

Oh yes... I now completely understand you 100%.

Where is that ignore a fool button?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No you don't.

And you don't even want to try. Why are you here if not to deny ignorance?

Maybe you'd be better off on a Neo Con website that just talks about how great the USA is.

Like I said. You've much more in common with the people of North Korea than you will probably ever know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah right. Get real N Korea.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
UN Resolution 678

After the Gulf War, Iraq accepted United Nations Security Council resolution 687, which declared Iraq's financial liability for damage caused in its invasion of Kuwait. The United Nations Compensation Commission ("UNCC") was established, and US$350 billion in claims were filed by governments, corporations, and individuals. Funds for these payments were to come from a 30% share of Iraq's oil revenues from the oil for food program. It was not anticipated that US$350 billion would become available for total payment of all reparations claims, so several schedules of prioritization were created over the years. The UNCC says that its prioritization of claims by natural people, ahead of claims by governments and entities or corporations (legal persons), "marked a significant step in the evolution of international claims practice."

Payments under this reparations program continue; as of July 2004, the UNCC stated that it had actually distributed US$18.4 billion to claimants.

There have been attempts to codify reparations both in the Statutes of the International Criminal Court and the UN Basic Principles on the Right to a Remedy and Reparation for Victims

[edit on 24-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No need to press the button, just accept that we are too simple minded to understand the complex things presented.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They're just mad that their team is getting creamed in the World Cup.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm with the Democratic People's Republic on this one...

I say that the US should give North Korea the money it is owed. Dear ole Kimmie isn't such a bad guy really you know. I seriously do not understand why people attack him all the time though the media...

Question: anyone kow how a Brit can go on holiday to North Korea? It sounds like a good holiday spot

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join