It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some politicians under foreign sway: CSIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Canada's spy agency suspects that cabinet ministers in two provinces are under the control of foreign governments, CBC News has learned.

Several members of B.C. municipal governments are also under suspicion, Richard Fadden, the director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, told CBC News in an exclusive interview.

At least five countries are surreptitiously recruiting future political prospects in universities, he said. Middle East countries are also involved.

But China is the most aggressive, funding university clubs that are managed by people operating out of the embassy or consulates, Fadden said in a recent speech to Canadian police chiefs and security experts in Toronto.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This surprised me, but I suppose it shouldn't. I do wonder why foreign governments would bother with municipal politicians though.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Would that happen to be Iserail as a one in a hundred chance ?

Well i never these zionists get around

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I'm betting on America, first and foremost

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Municipal politicians would be of interest due to their potential I would think moreso than what they can offer at that level. Although they could help push through large projects in places like Alberta or the territories. A country like China with vested interests in our north would want people in there pockets to get zoning changed, EIS made as lenient as possible and so on.

But really, this is just part of the game. Every country in the world faces stuff like this on one level or another. Nothing really surprising about it, to be honest. Concerning yes but politics in general is concerning.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Good points, I hadn't thought of that. This only surprised me because I think of Canada as the gentle giant country. I forget that there are things other nations would want

top topics

join