It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese scientists spawn invisibility cloak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There's an old saying that goes like this,"For every poison, there's an antidote." As soon as this thing gets perfected, somone's going to invent a better way of detecting it. still, could be years away from having any practical use. The American and British military has been working on this for years. Someone mentioned the movie"Predator." Ironically, thats where they got the idea from.

JAK

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The inventor of this technology plans to put into every use possible.

news.bbc.co.uk...

But invisible walls? It would be impressive, (depending on the area in which you live!) in the countryside excellent. Obviously one way only! But even so, imagine walking about the house naked and being able to see though your walls to outside.

It may be set up to be only one way, but wouldn't you worry incase something went wrong! Haaaa.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Those girls in the skirts.... Not invisible, just photo prints... but, It is not the craze here in Japan. I have actually never seen anyone wearing them..... I live in Tokyo and go all over... I do not expect they will take ogg.... LITERALLY... ha ha ha

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp...:/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/oc-wired.mpg

watch that video.... its amazing

JAK

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
WOW!! I am absolutely stunned!!! Actually seeing it in action is just jaw droppingly awsome. LMFAO. Speechless, just left me speechless.

I wannit, I wannit, I wannit!!
Thanks for the Link GeniusSage

People, you HAVE to see this technology in action.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Good call on the video link, fabulous footage. It's much, much more impressive than the picture illustrates.

Surely, even at this level of development, it would be good enough for military use?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That one is pretty good. It's not impossible to see the person... but imagine with a nearly full facial one... pretty hard to see.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It would work excellent at night. This thing is awesome. Is the US military looking into this? Mouth waters.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo
Batman needs one of these gadgets.
Nutzo

Not really, he is too fast to be seen anyway. And even if he is seen, they can't catch him.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
thats wicked! say the army got one of those. it would be a one man war!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this is bad! say a terrorist get hold of this, and we are in deep trouble.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh the typical argument of all technology. Where there is a clever good way to use the technology, there is alwasy a way to abuse it as well.

This is very interestin, I remember reading about it a while back. Cant remember what mateial it was made of though.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I already know about that its actualy not a invisible suit its a camflouage just like the optic/stealth camflouage off of Metal Gear Solid its old news to alot of people i hope anyway i know how it works if anyone kneeds to know just ask.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In an essay no shorter than 3,000 words, please describe to me how this suit works.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
okay 3,000 words of ummm thats hard it works by bending light so an object can be projectted on/in the suit so the person is invisible thats how it works in metal gear solid and thats how it works in real life but its really hard ot do u happy now.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i remember seeing an invisable jacket that worked MUCH better than the pictures i have seen, it did not have the green shade, it was totally see through, i thing the buttons might be visable, but it was all invisible everywhere alse, i m amazed cos it said they had LOADS of mini cameras and LOADS of mini screens, i think it would be cool to have plastic surgery so you get the tiny cameras and screens stuck in your body, all over, so when you are wanting to go out for a walk, and cannot be bothered to get dressed, you can turn the cameras and screens on, and you can walk around naked in the streets, invisable to everyone. but if you was wearing clothes you would look like the headless horseman. and you could get your house with all the cameras and screens (as mentioned earlier) and get your car like it, and all your possesions, and be on the run and no one will find you, now that would be fun, no one will ever find you AT all. but then you would get lonely, and die... and your body would rot.. and no one would ever find your invisible corpse... yuk

p.s griffin master i just realised how old this topic is, and that you posted MONTHS after the last one, so it was all old news anyway and you bragged about you knowing, lol.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by spyrolot]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
would anybody happen to know how expencive it was to create this suit, and are there any projects/ plans targeted at launching this into full millitary use, afterall, something this advanced could be just too expensive to be pumped full of lead. Besides (for those of you who have played metal gear SOLID!!) is this suit invisible to infrared. (i highly doubt that it is)

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
that is true and how would i know this is a moth old i have not even been on this site for a month anyway in the metal gear solid games it can be seen by thermal goggles or infered but what girl is gonna hve them its still good to go peeping lol jk.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
is this suit invisible to infrared.

I would say it couldn't possibly be. The suit is dealing with light only, not heat so I don't see how it could repel infrared imaging.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
this invention is not invisible to infrared. because as i understand infrared can go right through just about anything within realistic standards of course but a thin layer of cameras and such is not going to sheild anything from infrared that has body heat however if whatever is using the cloaking technology is robotic say the spy planes or the robots used in some bomb squad things it would be quite plausible to evade infrared, making it prime military technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join