It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Spill/So Much Magnificence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To see the profound beauty beauty of nature and wildlife at the beginning of this video and then the tragedy that is our reality right now is heart wrenching. Must See!
We as the caretakers of this earth have failed her miserbly, not only with the BP oil spill but in many other ways. If we sit back and leave it to the PTB, it will only get worse. This is what our children the innocent will inherit through no fault of their own. This is what we have to live with because we sat by silently figuring someone else would fix the problems. NO! We are all responsible in one way or another, or at least most of humanity is.

Our planet and people will not survive at the rate things are going all around us. We have become complacent allowing the greedy and heartless corporations and governments get away with crimes against humanity. How do you suggest we begin a world-wide effort to regain our humanity and start solving problems instead of creating more or doing nothing at all?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

i don't know!

but it is something i've had on my mind every day, since it happened.

i agree with what you say - you are right in that we have let our Mother down and now it is up to us to make it right!

to quit, *SOMEHOW*, letting the big-money self-oriented suits decide what is going to happen with OUR world based on their financial/economic goals.

i know we have a voice that can be heard but i just am at a loss as to how to speak with that voice, so it will not only be heard, but taken seriously, and heeded.

there is power in numbers, of course - but these days with the internet it somehow seems to not be an asset because it is so easy for people to get together for dumb stuff and it gets all spread out, in a way...facebook, myspace, twitter...blah blah blah.

how to gather up in a serious way, for a serious cause?

this might be the only cause that really matters, ever again.
to me, it is everything.

i'm open for any ideas at all - i'm willing to do whatever i can!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Thanks for your post! I too am open to ideas which is why I posted this. It is important to me too. Perhaps to start we can all share this video with everyone we know and on other sites and as you suggested facebook, etc. The video gets their attention and emotions. Your urging them on as people who CAN make a difference is the inspiration. It gives hope back to the hopeless, A light for the those in the darkness of despair and a voice to those who have only been silent.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
While I support the premise of this thread, I offer nothing significant to add. I have run the gamut of anger and all the various stages of grief. It is our own fault despite the numerous warnings and failure to change our ways.

Being "right" amongst the Drill Baby Drill crowd and Climate Change deniers offers little solace.

I pray Mother Earth will heal herself despite the reckless disregard of her human inhabitants. I am equally guilty for not doing more to protect her and stand ready to pay the price. The dream is over and there is hell to pay.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. – Native American proverb

If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten. - Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

There is hell to pay yes but the dream is not over. Do not allow it to be over. Rekindle the hope that I am sure you once had. If we are bombarded with all the chaos and wrongs of the world, we easily give up hope and become jaded with time.

I realized that more and more of our people of all ages from all over the world really do care and are trying to change things. It depends on where you look. Perhaps we should look closer to the organizations that nurture the environment and fight for it. Perhaps that is another begininning where we can put our thoughts and efforts into. Help them to spread the word, volenteer, donate if possible. Oh no, dear friend, the dream is not over yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Excellent quotes my friend! Inightful and true. I have always loved native American indian proverbs the best.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I just sent this vid with a note to everyone on my e-mail list and I am beginning to get replies from it. It is a powerful video that speaks volumes.

Has anyone else???

new topics

top topics

join