It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Possible Way to Clean Up the Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Polymer-Based Filter Successfully Cleans Water, Recovers Oil in Gulf of Mexico Test

now, mind you, the "Gulf of Mexico Test" describes an in-lab test using sea water and oil both from the Gulf of Mexico.

but the demonstration on the video is pretty impressive!

Link to Story@ Science Daily

In response to the massive oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, a University of Pittsburgh engineering professor has developed a technique for separating oil from water via a cotton filter coated in a chemical polymer that blocks oil while allowing water to pass through. The researcher reports that the filter was successfully tested off the coast of Louisiana and shown to simultaneously clean water and preserve the oil.

Di Gao, an assistant professor and William Kepler Whiteford Faculty Fellow in the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering in Pitt's Swanson School of Engineering, created his filter as a possible method to help manage the spreading oil slick that resulted from the April 20 explosion of BP's "Deepwater Horizon" drilling platform. Gao has submitted his idea through the Deepwater Horizon Response Web site managed by the consortium of companies and government agencies overseeing the disaster response.

an aside:
the "Deepwater Horizon Response Web site" is a good idea, in theory; HOWEVER, the near total lack of communication, feedback, or even so much as a fart now and then renders it basically useless, imo, and another incentive for not investing my confidence for a solution with (one) source of the problem...

kind of like a black hole for ideas - light goes in but we never ever see that light again....

& meanwhile, i read on some news site today or yesterday that currently the holes in the Gulf sea floor are spilling out the equivalent of ONE Exxon Valdez spill EVERY FOUR DAYS

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Interesting phrases with same ingredients:

Deepwater Horizon Response
Onshore Appetizer Worsened
Desperation Horsepower Zen

Some more:
Earned Wheezes Proportions
Harpooned Westernize Pores
Patronized Sweeper Onshore
Oppression Whereat Rezoned
wordsmith.org...
….

a few randomized atomized thoughts,
ET

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

i just can not imagine this level of incompetence.

i can't, literally.

it isn't that the sollutions to the problems did not exist, or do not exist.

it is those who are "running the show" were not ready, did not have the safety measures in place, promised they had the safety measures in place, did not have the safety measures in place, had parties and agreements with those who were in "running the show" ...

now i'm just in befuttlement as how about 2 things:

how am i related to these corporational addictiontion whom i allegedly share 99.7+% of my dna with.

Evenly, not secondly:What would have to be going on to make the current circumstances what they are?

thirdly, what variables don't we know?

annie,
these people were not prepared to do what it was by law required of them (i assume), nor were these people prepared to do what it was they said they could do, thirdly, these people did not do what they said they could do and what by law they were required to do.

fool me four times, shame on us both, twice.....

if i get an "F" from an "F" then an "F" is what an "F" is.
But, if i get an "F" from an "F", well hell, isn't that sort of a passing grade, and a compliment?

today that oil hit the Florida coast.
British Petroleum is Earth's host?
"i want my life back". what's the cost?
these dumb money luvers have lost
my trust is dwindling, a few million gallons each day.

thoughts and stuff,
ET

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I agree...if it isn't obvious by now that corporations are running America and have been for a long time, I can't help the people that believe this is not the case. People are smart when they need to solve a problem. We are creative individuals. So when people are not creative or at least looking and trying many methods to solve their problems then their is a conspiracy. In light that BP has virtually inexhaustible funds, this operation of theirs is either planned, or is being driven top down by ego loving fools that squash creativity.

This demonstration has just put me firmly on the side that BP is involved in a conspiracy and this oil spill is a planned operation.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
annie,
these people were not prepared to do what it was by law required of them (i assume), nor were these people prepared to do what it was they said they could do, thirdly, these people did not do what they said they could do and what by law they were required to do.

i know! that was my first dismal realization when all this started back in April. living in a place that counts on oil for a great deal of its economy (the permian basin) i am familiar with some of the hazards and also the measures taken to prevent disasters.
we've had a few near-disasters around here but luckily, they were avoided, sometimes just barely.

the more i thought about it, the more i felt like we, as a nation, are nothing but a whore!

it was about the time you started that thread about prostitution!
the lack of concern or even the efforts to make a half-assed attempt at apology is appalling!

i am also coming up short in reconciling the lack of incompetence, preparation, and even respect for our shared planet!!!

you're right - the solutions are available and not even for a hefty price tag - even though money shouldn't be an object in this case - and it isn't.

so what the hell is it?
i just draw a blank.

i wonder just what that .3% DNA difference really means!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I agree...if it isn't obvious by now that corporations are running America and have been for a long time, I can't help the people that believe this is not the case.

well, for what it's worth, a little supporting evidence:

(from Poverty Facts)

51 percent of the world’s 100 hundred wealthiest bodies are corporations.

The wealthiest nation on Earth has the widest gap between rich and poor of any industrialized nation.

The Rise of the Corporation

Corporations and Human Rights

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

yay, i found a new ATS friend!

:victorydance:

no little figure fore that yet?

uh, well then:
ExPostFacto

go free dumb! um, i mean freedom!

thoughts, things & stuff,
ET

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I like my idea better.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

51 percent of the world’s 100 hundred wealthiest bodies are corporations.

annie,
who took the poll and owns the numbers?

probably the corporations agenda to make us think the people (democracy) has chosen corporations ....

wait, you said "wealthiest"... we althiest ... "we athiest", without the "L" from love, cuz they ain't got any left!!!

wealthiest minus "L" from love = we athiest

I Wonder if this is what the dinosaurs thought there afterlife would be like?

They been "dead" for "millions" of years, yet they are still:
HEADLINE NEWS!!

bit of TwIsTeD hUmOr
me being me,
ET

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Weatherized Neon Oppressor
Parenthesized One Err Swoop

Peons Serenade Howitzer Pro

Holy Howitzer Horror, Batman!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

the lack of concern or even the efforts to make a half-assed attempt at apology is appalling!

beyond appalling, and you know it, unfortunatley "appalling" is just a replacement word because of ATSers' Terms & Agrements.

Please stop circumventing the sensors, annie
, we know what you mean!

i am also coming up short in reconciling the lack of incompetence, preparation, and even respect for our shared planet!!!

An Esoteric Teacher can dream..
my size 9 & 1/2 may not be big enough ...
Bozo,
can i borrow your shoes?
using some superglue to attach some razor blades ...
there we go, ... any BP member want me to use lube before i park my bozo shoe knee deep and show you some knew drilling techniques?

An Esoteric Teacher can wake up ...

Huh, still a nightmare?
yep yep, and yep....

you're right - the solutions are available and not even for a hefty price tag - even though money shouldn't be an object in this case - and it isn't.

uh ...

so what the hell is it?
i just draw a blank.

i wonder just what that .3% DNA difference really means!

at this point ... i'm not sure i know .... but i have some outlandish ideas...

might as well ask me this question:

What does this sentence mean?

seriously, one may as well ask me that question rather than provide proof of the intentionality of those who at BP have done this and why...

at least i have an avenue of logic to follow when looking for the answer to this question:
What does this sentence mean?

ughh.... i need a new pill for a new kind of headache ....

i luv ya annie, i think .... given what i think luv is ...

some come in peace, some in pieces,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Weatherized Neon Oppressor
Parenthesized One Err Swoop

Peons Serenade Howitzer Pro

Holy Howitzer Horror, Batman!

Welcome to the Justice League my Super Friend!!
Helping to catch what TPTB throw down ...

Holy Howitzer Horror, Batman .... can translate into ...
Whole Lie How It's Ur (earth) Whore Or Bat man ...

someone batting man?
man might start batting someone...

some in peace, some in pieces,
ET

filling in the blanks ..

[img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/staroff.png[ /img]

Above is proof ...
The same identical cause obviously does not always render the same identical results ????

flawed programming of ATS, or Flawed ATSer using the tools wrong?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

yeah.
what is UP with THAT?

i had never even thought of anything like that - even though i know it happens i never stopped to ask myself "why?"

so, why?

because truth IS binary, and so should computer-ese be, as far as i know
it is built upon a circuitry of yes and no, or on and off, switches.

so where does the 0 get turned to a 1, unintentionally by the programming and/or a programmer's mistake?

that was the problem with one of the Voyager (i think that's it?) crafts that are going to try to escape the heliosphere - somehow it got changed on one tiny bit, and no longer were any transmissions received, or something like that.

they somehow got into it and figured out what it was, switched it back the way it needed to be, and BOOM suddenly we are connected, again, right after it passed a large electromagnetically charged field of something...

and the article i read said they didn't know WHY the switch got switched with no one there to switch it (not in so many words, but the meaning, exactly)

well, it had to be the electromagnetism from the charged area just previous to where it is, now.

electromagnetism is what i've begin to understand as somehow what transports information, quantum-ly.

so somehow is there *information* of an aware sentient nature getting into our binary fields and switching our switches?

or is it a non-sentient non-intentional entity? a non-entity.

we need some help.
som help

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
I like my idea better.
2nd line

for all the things i think i know ... which i may not ...

what is meant by "second line" and/or "2nd line"

i really don't know.

a little help?

thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

because truth IS binary, and so should computer-ese be, as far as i know
it is built upon a circuitry of yes and no, or on and off, switches.

annie,
if truth is binary, ... how come the same causality can produce 3 different results on a system supposedly designed with binary based math codes?

but, maybe i'm the ignorant one. :duncecapincorner:
what, no little guy for "dunce cap in corner"?
a silly odd man...

so where does the 0 get turned to a 1, unintentionally by the programming and/or a programmer's mistake?

corporations or black ops, or united nations' runaway baby A.I., maybe?

that was the problem with one of the Voyager (i think that's it?) crafts that are going to try to escape the heliosphere - somehow it got changed on one tiny bit, and no longer were any transmissions received, or something like that.

what the? really? interesting.

they somehow got into it and figured out what it was, switched it back the way it needed to be, and BOOM suddenly we are connected, again, right after it passed a large electromagnetically charged field of something...

or something is my guess.

and the article i read said they didn't know WHY the switch got switched with no one there to switch it (not in so many words, but the meaning, exactly)

or som thing ....

well, it had to be the electromagnetism from the charged area just previous to where it is, now.

electromagnetism is what i've begin to understand as somehow what transports information, quantum-ly.

so somehow is there *information* of an aware sentient nature getting into our binary fields and switching our switches?

or is it a non-sentient non-intentional entity? a non-entity.

we need some help.
som help

someones switches seem to be getting switched.

CEO people seem to be living like thinking is going out of style????

electromagnetisms' non entities?
at least i see one som in there som wear somewhere...

thoughts are things, i think,
ET

or sometimes 2 sign offs are in order:

via a special delivery,
esoteric teacher, aka ET

that's right "Y" rhymes with "T"
a little sub-entagled riddle in trinity

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The worlds biggest hydrogen bomb is needed only.

Obama should of done this by now.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Corporations and Human Rights

here is my example of how i think Corporations' CEOs' may think of us:

us following Corporations' CEOs' and what they say:

time to wash the dishes, you can dry and put the dishes away, we'll wash (brainwash?), we will be done when you finish first.

time to wash the dishes, you can dry and put the dishes away, we'll wash (brainwash?), we will be done when you finish first.

three times a day, seven days a week, weeks a year, years a decade, decades a century, centuries a millinia...

fun game?
game?

by bozo clown shoes...
insert safeties' laws' enforcers' & Gulf Of British Petroleums' starfish here

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The worlds biggest hydrogen bomb is needed only.

Obama should of done this by now.

i'm not sure this is a standard we should set.
i mean, is that going to be our fallback position every time this occurs in the future, or should we just have a future with less mishaps like this?

if something like this happens anywhere else around america, then who is going to clean it up or deal with it????

the existing safeguards did not safeguard against this and guess what... all possible resources available for cleaning such a mess are currently occupied and busy...

so, if a similiar thing happens to ANY Corporation's oil rig off the coast of anywhere else ...

well, we are already in uncharted territory now, aren't we?

holy inverted trisected de-atomized anti-matter A-Bomb batman,
andy1033 might be right!

things & stuff, hopefully no nukes in the forecast mr weatherman,
ET

new topics

top topics

join