It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IamPoltergeist

Wow! A natural! I've never met one before! I'm impressed!

Well, I would say that the best way for you to learn to grow your powers is to use them constantly, in any way you can. That is the only advice I can give you. As for feeling like an alien, well... I've had that happen a few times. Hell, I'm still not totally sure that I'm completely human (although this may be due to the insanity
)

Just keep practicing whenevr you can. Thats all I can really say.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think some of yall are crazy

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DylanShaft17

Ah. So obviously you do not believe that psionic abilitys are possible? Oh well. Most people don't. I didn't, for awhile, butthen I met one man who could create fire using only his mind. Even then, I was skeptical, but then I stuck my hand in it and got burned. Literally. Kinda hard to not believe in that stuff when it happens right in fron t of you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Actually if anyone were to look at my profile and click on the amazon link they woul find that one of the books I have on there is about developing psychic power. Just incase anyone was interested in a good course book: it is a set of lessons. It is possible to learn these skills and use them. We have many abilities we have not developed fully.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
As absolutely crazy as this sounds, I have met a man that claimed he could manipulate the weather in certain areas. As most I did not pay him much attetion until one day he was "meditating" (for lack of a better word) outside and when he snapped out of it and began chanting. Myself and a co-worker were a little weirded out and almost as suddenly as he started, dark clouds began to form and it started to sprinkle. It was a very mind opening day. however, I will say in Mexico they have a long culture and many different views on metaphyical stuff like that. It is quite interesting.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think part of the reason people do not see their psychic side is how they expect it to manifest itself. They expect themselves to predict natural disasters. But disasters happen everyday and most of the time we do not care. You will at first predict thimgs from your life, things that matter to you. Like when is the meal I ordered coming. Things that impact you are the first to appear. You will experience things that matter and you can relate to the most.
edit on 15-5-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers."

Name one?

These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality

Must be a mysterious source of information as there is not a single documented case in history.

But even if there are people out there who can only do the psychic, telekinetic, and other stuff--I mean, gosh, that's pretty significant, isn't it? That's like the frickin' X-Men!

Even "if" yes. But there isn't.

1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?

No it's old. From before we knew that such things are impossible.

2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?

No. But thanks to the internet, it's easier to reach out with the nonsense.

3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?

No such thing as Powers That Be. But yes, it's safe to assume that such things have been studied for military purposes around the world.

4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

Usually, when a person who claims to be able to do "such" things are put in a position to actually show it, the easy way out is to say "you know what, I'm not doing it for the attention". Yet he/she told about it in the first place to get attention.
But there are such boards and companies who tell fortunes and what not. Good business.

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.

I think not.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Let's see: Veritas, Shifted Perspectives, and there was one more web site that I forgot the name of. I'll update later on that one. Thats three from just the sites that I visit alot. Just page one of Google.

There won't be a documented source in history because people who know this stuff were usually hunted down, branded witches, and killed. So it's no wonder nobody wanted to say they are psions. Just saying.

Thats your opinion. Not ours.

How do we know that such things are impossible? It is only those who doubt its probability that test it. All others are just called crazy and thrown in a mental institute. Their tests are thrown out for being "published by an unreliable source."

I believe that yes, it is old, people were just afraid to show themselves for fear of being killed.

Not nonsense, but still. You are right about the internet.

I have no idea what she means by the powers that be. Sorry.

A lot of times people must show themselves to prove to the world that everybody else is not crazy. That is not looking for attention. This is helping people out of their predicaments of "do i be called insane, or do I hide what I am?" Not a good feeling, I say...

I doubt it will become a big issue in 25 years, but definitely within this century.

Don't get me wrong. I am not attacking you. I am simply defending our beliefs. I'm sorry if this offends you. But it is necessary.

edit on 20-5-2013 by AbandonedKid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbandonedKid

Let's see: Veritas, Shifted Perspectives, and there was one more web site that I forgot the name of. I'll update later on that one. Thats three from just the sites that I visit alot. Just page one of Google.

Why are you listing websites?

There won't be a documented source in history because people who know this stuff were usually hunted down, branded witches, and killed. So it's no wonder nobody wanted to say they are psions. Just saying.

So you are saying that there aren't any documented sources, yet you believe in something like that?

How do we know that such things are impossible?

Because when such claims are to be tested, the liar decides not to participate, OR it turns out to be hoax.
And obviously we know it's impossible thanks to the laws of physics.

Their tests are thrown out for being "published by an unreliable source."

If they are thrown out, they are thrown out because they are unscientific.

I believe that yes, it is old, people were just afraid to show themselves for fear of being killed.

They are not being killed now, still they are nowhere to be seen.

This is helping people out of their predicaments of "do i be called insane, or do I hide what I am?" Not a good feeling, I say...

No one would think a person is insane if they actually showed what they could do. People are called crazy or liars because they claim things that they cannot or do not prove. Ever. Not a single one.

Don't get me wrong. I am not attacking you. I am simply defending our beliefs. I'm sorry if this offends you. But it is necessary.

edit on 20-5-2013 by AbandonedKid because: (no reason given)

I'm not the slightest bit offended. I'm only curious as to why people believe in nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I used to spend a LOT of time working on my ability to control my chi. It's amazing how a few simple exercises over a period of time can really tune you in and open your mind up to new "powers".
I've actually got a friend who recently discovered some bio-magnetic abilities and has been REALLY focusing on them over the past year and a half. At first it shocked me quite a bit. Now I have a few different theories on how he gained this ability in the first place..

Long story short, he was telling me about a small knot on a part of his body that magnets would stick to. He showed me just to prove it. I figured it was just something sticking to his skin (you know, moisture coupled with temperature coming into contact with a smooth surface that helped the magnet stay there for a moment), but now I have seen just how astounding it is.

A few weeks later he was telling me about certain metallic objects that he's had for a period of time (given his line of work) that had developed magnetic properties. It started with a nail he found in his toolbox being able to lift a beer cap up for short periods of time. That turned into using the nail to manipulate a compass (really just the opposing pole attracting to the nail and following it as he moved the nail around the compass.) I offered him a test. I gave him my pocket knife (he had NEVER previously come into contact with my knife) and he tried picking up the bottle cap with it. No luck. So, we smoked a cigarette and talked while he turned the knife over in his hands. After about five minutes of him holding/rubbing/twirling my knife around, it was able to pick up the bottle cap.

A year later and some practice and he's able to do REALLY amazing things. For instance, he has somehow created a monopole out of a file. He passed some articles my way concerning the theoretic plausibility of such phenomenon and from my understanding it's only been proven in molecular studies, and only for moments at a time. Nothing has been created that will last more than a moment, and certainly nothing 'tangible' like a strip of metal. I've been trying to convince him to let me get some anonymous videos demonstrating his capabilities, but I don't really blame him for saying no. Could you imagine what would happen if someone figured out who he was and that he was able to create monopoles by simply holding a metallic object? You'd end up in a cage connected to god-knows-what kind of machines for the rest of your life...

I don't know if my little explanation of my friend helps with this topic at all, (maybe I should start a thread detailing some of the experinces..) but I figured I would share.

And to the OP, I think that a community like that would be a great thing to have. Especially if you could somehow get everyone to develop a 'learning community' that might be able to help the Average Joe develop and hone some of the abilities out-lined. I know anyone can do it (psyballs can be fun, huh?) but a lot of people either don't believe, or just don't know where to go and how to find the proper information.

Matter of fact, I might start my flame meditation routine again. Might need these kind of abilities if the world falls apart.

Great post.
SnF

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It depends on what you consider to be real-life super powers. If you're looking for Spiderman, well, he doesn't exist. He's a comic book character. However, there are extant examples of people with abilities that are not of the norm and could be considered "real-life superpowers" as being exceptional abilities that enhance an existing human feature.

Like the blind young man who sees with echolocation: www.cbsnews.com...
Or the woman who is a tetrachromat that may see up to 100 million colors: discovermagazine.com...
Or the baby that was born with muscles that Arnold Schwarznegger would covet due to a genetic mutation: www.nytimes.com...
Slavisa Pajkic was born with no sweat glands and a double layer of skin and it apparently enables him to conduct electricity: www.history.com...-generator
Stephen Wiltshire, an autistic savant, is an apparent human camera:

Michael Rutzen, can swim with sharks. He explains that he looks for sharks with the right personality, or what he calls "players" and describes it as a mental battle. He was featured on 60 minutes because well, he is like a bee charmer on roids:

Add in cases of non-somnia due to familial genetic defect where the inflicted are unable to sleep and eventually die from sleep deprivation. They maintain sanity and survive far longer than we would in the same condition.

These things are extraordinarily rare but they are documented. Frequently, genetic mutations are at the root of the difference for most and most don't want to be part of the modern equivalent of a freak show. My body is capable of producing greater amounts of static electricity with a higher charge than normal. It was bad enough in a humid climate that my doctors investigated what created it after being shocked by me whenever they touched my body, lol. Electrolytes were normal and brainwaves were double on the EEG but the only explanation that they had was that I do not sweat as much as a normal person. Put me in a nervous situation where a normal person would break out in a nervous sweat, I don't and I'm prone to shock whatever I touch. My "super power" is a pain in the arse as I will short out headsets, fry low quality keyboards and mice, cause my computer to blue screen, and I'm a bane to light bulbs. The only time the "public" realizes what I can do is when I zap an odd object publicly--like a banana. Let's just say that the response to such a thing is unpleasant. When I lived in a dry and hot climate, I was a freaking nightmare. I shattered my son's baby teeth (thankfully they weren't in his mouth), those plastic covers for sink taps several times, drinking glasses (to such a level that my SO at the time went out and spent a ton of money on unbreakable glasses from Williams-Sonoma. I still managed to explode one in my hand), wood, water, and other odd objects not known for being a static discharge device...like the bananas. I shock crap all the time, including my children. I've never struck them but it still hurts to see them flinch and stiffen before I give them a hug as they are used to being jolted by their mom. Privately, it's a family joke to get me to learn to harness it so I can throw bolts
. Publicly? I don't tell anybody living around me because being a freak show hurts. Pure xenophobia.

Reality is that sometimes people are born differently. What people can do usually falls within a normal range but that range is merely an average. There are people with exceptional abilities that are considered supranormal because they fall outside of that average. Frequently, it's not really a bonus and very rarely is it actually useful. Ben Underwood's echolocation ability would be an example of an useful one.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow. Interesting. =D

I'm impressed. Well said, my friend. Well said.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

I can understand Nevertheless' opinion in that we tend to expect the normal range of development and ability within individuals as that is the most common. That's what makes it the "normal range". However, there was a time period where high level educational psychologists were very much interested in finding children that had these supranormal abilities or held the potential for them. That would be Gowan, Krippner et al. This stuff is actually in respected academic journals that also are on lockdown from the public purview. I find it very interesting that the established view for the majority of people is that a norm exists in which nothing different can occur. We tend to get very dismissive in society of those who were born different and my best guess is that part of the reason for that is because that is what the establishment would want us to think. Either that or xenophobia--the strange just makes us uncomfortable. Beholding that contrast of opinion from what was held in not-so-public discussion and public view still baffles me and fills me with a bit of cognitive dissonance. Reality is that, at one time, public dollars were being used to find these people for the more than likely purpose of seeing if these people could have a beneficial use. But hey, don't take it from me as a source. Why not read what the military, itself, was doing and looking into instead as that is now a matter of public record:

Page 30 via pdf (or page 21 on original document): www.dia.mil...
Entire document: www.dod.mil...

And gee, electromagnetic effects are in the first link. My mom was really paranoid that I would disappear as a kid to the extent of wanting to leave the country. Obviously, I never disappeared so she was being paranoid
but now I at least understand why she felt that way.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've been making subliminal videos for Psychic abilities recently

This ones for technopathy (The ability to control electronics)

www.youtube.com...

This one is for Levitation
www.youtube.com...

I uploaded a month ago. Many people have begun stating that they're starting to feel vibrations, and sensational weightlessness, etc. I expect in a few months people may actually start levitating.
edit on 28-6-2013 by blackeroni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blackeroni

interesting.
Very interesting. Hopefully, ore people will see and believe. We could nuse all we canget right now. I don't know if this is just me being paranopid as usual, but I think something big is going to happen. Something very big, and probably bad for us.

But then again, that could very well be me being paranoid. =D

I jus hope I'm wrong. =)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good read,

If you want to learn the alchemy of self according to the philosophies of true masters, including the levitating Buddha, I would have to recommend "neuronet of the levitating Buddha" by Ramtha. The info ramtha shares in various audio sets is second to none and if you take the time to investigate properly, you're sure to find that it's the best info available on any spiritual topic. What's more, you can be trained to develop these abilities.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I guess I should add to the bunch who considers themselves to have delved into these abilities. According to an old friend who's quite into the area of paranormal abilities I have a strong channeling ability, I work as kind of transistor amplifying others' abilities. I've been told I aid in telepathic communications. I doubt that I do have these abilities though I'd love to be proven wrong as I am quite fascinated by occult and paranormal phenomena.

If anyone would like to contact me then do send a U2U.

Cheers.
edit on 18-7-2013 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My first ever "experience" was in 1998, when I was 12 years old. It was the end of the school day, around 2:55 PM, and I was anxious for the bell to ring to go home. I sat at my desk, staring at the clock with very intense focus. Watching the seconds hand go from one number to another, closing in on 3:00 PM. The classroom was always extremely quiet due to our very strict, mean teacher so nothing else was in my attention span other than the clock hitting 3:00 PM. After a few minutes of intense staring, someone from behind tapped me on my shoulder to hand me a homework assignment. It startled me as I was in such a meditative state anxiously awaiting to go home. Right when he touched my shoulder, I let out a gasp, and the clock fell off the wall! I was so shocked. I knew that I was the reason it fell off the wall.

Fast forward 10 years later. I have always tried to "communicate" with God. Always trying to prove His existence. Something to show me He is real. I went through very tough periods from 2005-2010 with health problems and would always simply ask "Why are you doing this to me?" After years of trying to get close, I finally said "f#ck it, f#ck you then." The same night I went to bed, as soon as I began to drift off to sleep, I heard ear-deafening screams all around me. They were so loud and horrible. I have never felt so much pain and agony in all my life. It lasted maybe 2-3 seconds, and as I jumped out of bed, all the electricity in the house went off, then turned back on. I heard the microwave "beep" back on, and had to fix all the clocks in the house afterward. After that, I knew He was real and never blasphemed again.

Last year, I was doing careless things to my body. I had really given up on life. I was taking benedryl all the time to sleep my life away. I took a bit too much one day and felt a huge strain on my heart. After a few minutes of laying down, a huge jolt went through my body and straight to my heart. Instantly my heart was beating uncontrollably. I knew I was in cardiac arrest. I've had panic attacks before. This was not one. I felt energy radiating all throughout my body. The dog I was babysitting was looking at me with this worried look, like he knew I was in trouble. I was alone in the house and didn't want to go to a hospital because I didn't want to get into any legal trouble. I began pacing around the house convincing myself "mind over matter, mind over matter." Every time I would get near any electrical appliance, it would begin to malfunction. Mainly the TV screen and computer. Every time I'd go near one, it would begin "staticing." The closer I'd be to the electronic during this episode, the more the static would appear on the screen.

Clearly I survived. Ever since then, I've felt a huge magnetism throughout my body. Whenever I touch something, I feel a magnetic attachment to it.

A lot of strange things have happened since I got this "electricity" in my body. I bought two goldfish one day. I accidentally overfed them and woke up the next morning with one of them floating at the top of the bowl. I care about any form of life, so I grabbed the dead fish in my hands and said a prayer as I put it in the toilet bowl. To my surprise, as I was just about to flush it, the fish was alive, swimming around like nothing had happened!! I was amazed.

Another thing I witnessed was when I went to Austin last year after these events. I was determined to turn my life around and do good after feeling like I had a "second lease" on life. I began carrying packaged food in my car to hand out to the homeless people at the red light stops. I did this for days, advancing my charity. Major synchronicity began to happen as I felt happier and happier doing good deeds. For instance, I got an e-mail alert on my phone about Britney Spears, and exactly at the same time I check my phone, Britney Spears' Baby One More Time came on the grocery store's radio system. I bought a Greece shirt after becoming fascinated with Ancient Greece, and the first day I wear it out, I see a Greek family wearing Greek Pride shirts at the Starbucks I went to.

The biggest "miracle" I've experienced was when I gave a homeless man $20, and he told me "that was exactly how much I needed for a bus ticket to go see my family. You're an angel aren't you?" As I was driving away, there were thousands of white feathers falling from the sky on my way back to my hotel.

You can call me a believer.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

As you have done a massive story about the weird things in your life (weird by my standards, but not unbelievable) I think I should to.

My first experience with the paranormal was when I was 4 years old. While I and my mother were taking the Stockholm metro to someplace I saw a man in an old-time suit and a hat standing in front of us. I think he noticed me because he pulled down his hat in greeting, then he went through the metro's shut doors into the dark metro tunnel outside. 16 years later I picked up the subject with my mother again and we correlated the story. We both got goosebumps when she told me I'd asked her "is that a ghost?".

The same day when we exited the metro a top hat and cane were floated out of the crowd of people without anyone noticing. Up until my teens I had been teased because of these occurences in my early childhood, and they will always be ingrained in me.

At 12 years of age I had my first UFO experience when I and a cousin were getting away from a birthday party my father had arranged. My father leases lands for horse pastures and in one of these we stood looking up at th stars. Everything started with a meteorite shower. 2-3 meteorites per second lit up across the sky, but some didn't burn up like the others. Some of them shot down then horizontally started to drone across the sky. Some came so close that we could see them pulsing. I think three of them stayed in our vicinity as if we were both watching each other. One became lighter, then dimmed and began droning horizontally along with its' other companions. Actually, I wouldn't call it droning now when I think of it. They were removing themselves over the horizon but the way they continued to move was irregular, or as if playing. Fast forward 8-10 years later and I meet a white witch, a wiccan, who I befriend through an openness and fascination for the occult which we share. Again there's a correlation. Around that date she had, in a dream, been presented 7+1 children by something which looked like humans and aliens grouped together. She knew I was familiar in a way... we looked at the date and at that date she had the dream had been the same date I and my cousin had experienced this weird UFO event. It's a good thing I knew my fathers' birthday, and I could go back chronologically to which year that was as it was one of those milestone-birthdays. I'm still not sure how that happened, but it struck a weird cord in me. As if I wasn't disillusioned enough I showed her a photo of my entire cadre of cousins and asked her to tell me if she recognized anyone from the dream. She picked out my cousin. That kind of upset me.

After the UFO experience I had another while we lived in a bigger city. I was taking out the trash for mom (was in my 14-15s) on this normal sunny summer day, and I saw a triangle of 7 or 11 orbs of light shoot soundlessly over the rooftops at traffic plane-speed. That was probably the last one of my UFO experiences, although there have been minor unexplained occurences from then until now.

Throughout middle school and high school I was having almost daily deja vu's, some of which I tried to predict but never realized themselves the way I had expected them. Normal events in life, like talking to a person or saying something, or walking in a neighbourhood gave me constant deja vu's. Some days I could have 3 deja vu's even and it always came with the feeling that there was something I was missing, which didn't fit right.

My fascination for occultism brought me into paranormal forums which dealt with the practice of parapsychology; over the majority of a year I was actively involved in the forum discussions and dabbled into anything in psychoinesis or psi-balls of which I was moderately inept in each. It was fun nonetheless, and occupied me past the lonely chapters of my life. The fear of being consumed by the freedom these abilities gave me made me shelf any progress I'd made. I thought it better to mature before I were to practice control again.

Sorry for the tempus-changes and any grammatical errors. When I get carried away writing my motherlanguage sometimes messes with the tempo.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join