It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

He did a very thorough job of outlining his research in the subject of exotic ability. Some of it, I do find troubling but, overall, I think that Gowan loved humanity in all its diverse beauty. Like I said, very grateful to his son for hosting his father's books, which be rather difficult to acquire now. I'm one of those "electric" people who kills watches, credit cards, electronics, zaps fruit, blows out bulbs and more fun stuff (not really lol). I have had a good sized (whopping 2 inches long lol) bolt of electricity come out of my fingertips on one occasion. My doctors ran a series of tests to try to comprehend why to no avail but never once said anything about anyone else having the same thing. It wasn't until the net really started to kick off that I occasionally saw others with the same quirk. Gowan was the first time that I have ever seen a public acknowledgment that some humans are different electromagnetically from someone who was technically a learned professional. It was quite a relief.

I personally think that people are capable of so much more than what they seem. Sometimes I wonder who else is out there that may have an exotic ability that hides it. Every once in a while, there will be a story about someone who can do something spectacular like the blind boy who can move unassisted because of echo location or the recently found tetrachromate. However, I think that we've really lost touch with those senses that really were essential to our survival once upon a time. Someone could be pretty darn good at knowing things that they shouldn't normally know but odds are, they aren't going to tell anyone for fear of being considered a loon.

If you're curious, Trance, Art and Creativity (also on the site) discusses the various methodologies for self-actualization and creativity. I see a lot of people discussing the use of various drugs and whatnot. I do think that they should take a moment to read it. They were attempting to developmentally force individuals at one time. Gowan references a young child going through it with near disastrous outcomes in the book. He basically goes through them all and makes his suggestions as to what is the safest to protect the mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So we all know, or know where to look, for the theories and the concepts.

Is anyone putting anything into action? Experimenting with the concepts they have uncovered?

Personally i am working on a mixture of sorcery and shamanism....we will see what happens.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I fall under the advanced psychic abilities. No telepathy on a conscious level, just a constant connection with others/things around me that is simply observed; not controlled.

I found one other person that was exactly like me. Our connection was strong in the sense that we honestly could be soul mates if we had stuck around together for longer. We were in India when we had met, and I told her about the psychic things - I don't talk about it much with people offline.
She told me about her observations, but she had ignored them for a while - her mom debated her into recluse; saying it was crazy talk, etc.
Her experience with connection (what I call subconscious connection) was bad in the sense that she put too much weight on to her subconscious ability to mend the world around her & she was paranoid that only the bad was created by her; whereas mine is more balanced so it's acceptable to me.
So she avoided it.
We talked about it, and experienced it, but ultimately after India we went home, parted ways, and she went back to blocking all of those thoughts (of subconscious connection) out of her conscious thoughts.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I have been working on psionics and have achieved some results, like moving a dime that is laying flat a few inches away with my mind, and creating psiballs that other people can feel. I haven't been practicing for that long - just a few weeks - so I'm doing good!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is a very good post i like reading about things i have not heard about before and i belive it is completly possible for a person to have these capabilities, But what i dont understand is why or how would someone end up being this way? is it in there genes or was it handed down from a family member

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SnowyOwl

Actually, everyone has the ability, and the tool nessecary - the mind. So long as you have your mind, you can do it. As for how, first you need to learn to meditate. Do it about 30 minutes to an hour everyday, and after a few days, after you meditate, take a small object, like a dime, and concentrate on it. Visualize it rising, or command it to rise, or simply will it to - these are all different methods. It is just what feels right to you that counts. After some weeks of diligent practice, you should start to see some results. Don't be dissappointed if you don't get it right away, though. Nobody can. It just takes time and practice.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SnowyOwl

What I'm going to say is probably not going to make me too popular here but I have always been someone who calls things as I see it. I lived with a tribe for several years and I can honestly say that there is no other group in the US that is more accepting and encouraging of difference than the tribes. After years of being made to feel a freak, I was accepted as I was without question there. Yet, even in a condition where any sort of exotic ability is valued and accepted by the containing society, it was not expected to be the normative potential of human development. Such things were regarded as rare. Gowan made a taxonomy of exotic abilities in an attempt to list them all that have been reported throughout history and also acknowledged the rarity of their presence among humanity. He was looking for a way to find them by narrowing down the group which would potentially contain them. That said, I am the only one in my family that has issues with electromagnetism. However, one of my parents cannot be read by biometrics and that may be a lower key form of my issue. I think that there is a clear genetic link for some of these abilities. Although my doctors tried to sleuth out where the difference in me lay, they never found it and frankly, if this is an exotic ability, it's uncontrolled, destructive (I have shattered objects accidentally in my hands through electrical discharge and the watches and bulbs) and pretty freaking useless. To think that anyone can do these things is like believing that one can become a tetrachromat through meditation alone. If it were possible, then I would have seen it repeated over and over again within the tribe that I resided. I didn't.

That isn't to say, however, that one shouldn't investigate whether they do have some ability or at least be open to the possibility. Even if only an arbitrary fraction of a percent has some sort of exotic ability (let's say .01% just to show what I'm saying), then, when put against the whole of humanity, that still is perhaps around 700,000 on the planet right now that may have one. It doesn't hurt to look. Most of us do live in a world that rejects the idea that there can be others who are so very different in some facet and, in that, we're ingrained. What could seem to be evidence of claircognizance may be dismissed as a "lucky guess". You don't know until you look.
edit on 4/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: forgot a parenthesis

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Ah. But my question is, did you know about this electromagnetic gift - I shall call it a gift until proven otherwise - when the objects in question shattered? Did you have prior knowledge of this?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

Questionable to call it a gift considering the string of dead electrical equipment that follows me, lol, and yes, I've been aware of it for as long as I can remember. Even when I was in my very early 20's, I had friends who were humored by it and were testing to see if I did hold additional charge because they actually had equipment to measure it. As a caveat, I was in a program that seemed to have been operating off of Gowan's ideas as a child and the memories of it are a bit shredded. However, what I recollect seems to be more about tagging and measuring than creating. Should explain how I came to know of Gowan.

edit on 4/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

at least you wont have to worry about RFID

In all seriousness, you should try to control your ability somehow. There must be a trick. Focus is the key. For example some people can control their internal heat and produce extreme heat even in cold weather. Everything is possible, your imagination is the only limitation and yet you still can expand it indefinitely.

I suggest you watch the video about the indian man that can resist deadly current without problem. You might find out something.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Yep, I used to throw off early forms of GPS. It was a bonus. I just recently tested to see if in-store versions of GPS now work in my hands. They take longer but are only a block off now so they have improved on that sort of technology. I think that people like me are more common than one would think if they have actually strengthened it. I have tried to but it usually ends up being mock attempts at pretending to hurl a lightning bolt to entertain my kids, lol. Whereas I always carry a heightened "charge" that is enough to cause things like automatic faucets, towel dispensers and some automatic doors to fail to work (FUN lol), actual discharges that are large enough to disrupt electrical units (keyboards, headphones, and lights) only occur when I am in emotional distress. I also have nerve damage in my hands that may be related to these discharges as, most of the time, the jolts come out of my fingers.

Look at it from a scientific point of view in terms of how the body works, I question whether or not I would have the ability to do anything to either harness or bolster what my body does naturally. Our bodies are like little electrical generators so, in essence, mine just produces more. However, this electricity is used to make the body and brain function. If I can short out the nerves in my hands, couldn't it also be that, if by the off chance I did manage to learn to dispel more of my own natural electricity, I could potentially short my brain? For that reason, I have developed a way of being that minimizes distress in order to protect myself from myself. Make sense?

I actually was electrocuted while in France as a teen out of sheer stupidity and had a smart Italian student kick me away from the source to interrupt the flow. I came out of that fine, just faint tingling in my right arm. Didn't even need a doctor after being "hooked" for what seemed forever (in actually, probably 1-2 minutes lol teen vision) until I was spotted.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have been looking for this for awhile as i felt it to be one of the most extreme cases of human ability that i have ever heard of. There are other references to this concept made by the Toltec Shamans and the Shinto priests of Japan but i have yet to find a web-based version of the accounts.

Strangely, it also ties in to that whole "made in God's image" thing doesn't it?

Imagine the ability to manifest anything you can think of...

That's what i seek.

Thought Forms

Tibetan Tulpa's Strange Manifestation

A Tulpa is a Tibetan word. It is a "thought form" that refers to any entity created solely by the act of a human or group of humans through imagination. Tulpa's can be materialized as anything from mythical creatures to simply a flower or a rock. The most famous of Tulpa manifestations came from Alexandra David-Neel a french woman who heard of Tulpa's and went to Tibet to learn more about them and to conjure one up on her own. Through intense, devotional visualization, her Tulpa began to materialize as a Friar Tuck diminutive monk. This monk first began to appear ghostlike. But in time, it took on more solid physical characteristics. It also began to adopt its own personality. Soon this friendly small figure without her willing it, began slimming down while taking on a sinister appeal through its own volition. Her companions at the time, unaware of her visual practices asked her one day who the 'stranger' was. Because she had lost all control of the monk, she decided to destroy it. She attempted to reabsorb the Tulpa back onto her own mind but the monk resisted, completely unwilling to to be extinguished. But eventually, after months of attempting to kill off this unwanted entity, she won out leaving her exhausted.

Spiritual beings such as Tulpa's inhabit the earth in every culture and as far back as thousands of years. Bigfoot, Flying Humanoids, Fairies, The Jersey Devil, Chupacabra, Mothman, Banshee, Abominable Snowman, all creatures great and small live among us. Yet there is no physical evidence to collect to prove their existence, nor will there ever be. These anomalies are creations by not only humans through intense dedication to create them, but bleed overs from the spirit world. They can take on the shapes of humans, animals and inanimate objects. Faeries hide underground in communities and can never be caught as they are ethereal creatures. Sasquatch has been seen all over the world. Some of these creatures allow themselves to be photographed while others will not. It is not unusual for a group of people to see a Tulpa where others in the same group see nothing.
Alexandra David-Neel
Magic and Mystery in Tibet (1965)

edit on 5-2-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes. The power of creation. I have heard of it, but I could not find anything on how to practice. I assume this is because they7 don't want bad people to get it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

There doesn't seem to be anything written about it preceding Alexandra David-Neel. Although the idea is interesting and as a fun fact, Assassin's Creed III had a cut scene discussing this process, there's not a whole lot to go on as far as any even Buddhist reference to it. The biggest problem that I have seen with late 19th century/early 20th century authors is that they had a tendency of amping up their experiences to sell books (and themselves, technically). The occult was fairly popular in the Victorian Era so you saw all sorts of interesting people popping up with a variety of claims of mystical abilities. The only written reference before that is David-Neel so she really is the sole source with the claim of it being oral tradition. Contrast that with the siddhis and siddham where you do have ancient reference and the former isn't as well backed as the latter.

I actually find the idea to be a little disconcerting as I've seen so many references to it spreading all over the place (like the aforementioned Assassin's Creed III). Then again, considering that I was in a program that involved a whole lot of experiments (measuring, always measuring), as you can imagine, I'm not very trusting. There is something that, for a person who was indoctrinated in quantum physics as a kid, really disturbs me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The reason that such a concept disturbs you is precisely because of your knowledge of Quantum Mechanics. I find it rather funny that in trying to understand the universe from a scientific perspective, the scientists have inadvertently acknowledged one of the key aspects of the creation myth as being completely valid.
An interesting (and hilarious) interview with Sean Carroll
Apply this exact concept to the notion in quantum physics that says "Something can come from Nothing."

Something from Nothing, the sheer energy of the universe suddenly 'deciding' to make something new, something beautiful and eternal. Something so fine and balanced that is has run for billions of years, something that continues to breathe and grow and create even more infinite beauty.

Witches familiars, summoning demons, throwing balls of fire, pulling a rabbit out of a hat....

The entire concept distilled down to the individual, and the subtle hint that knowledge, willpower and imagination drives everything regardless of the "magical school", could very well be the reason that Magic disappeared from the larger world and was replaced by science.

Be it generated by science or sorcery, energy is still energy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No, actually, that's not it at all. I basically was indoctrinated in the ideas that time was pretty much just a man-made construct and quite potentially variable, that what we perceive as matter is not nearly as solid as what we physically perceive and much, much more. The idea of something coming from nothing isn't the problem. It's been the utilization and push for the idea of thought manifestation that disturbs me. I've seen the idea get pushed as a way to resolve the world's woes when a proactive approach would probably hold a greater efficacy. That's why it disturbs me.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I would argue that it's not an approach to end the world woes so much as it is an attempt to balance and imbalanced system to help ensure long term survival.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

And how much time and energy would you invest in trying to do so? Wouldn't it be better served in making the world a better place through one's actions than attempting to do so with just thought alone? To me, it's apathy at its worst to acknowledge that there are severe problems in the world and to sit idle hoping that thought alone can change it. That is EXACTLY why it's disturbing to me. It's an excuse to be apathetic in my book.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OK. I have now gottenlost. Please count me out of this argument. I don't even know what the heck we're talking about anymore.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
NO SKEPTICS OR ASSHOLES ... ONLY NATURAL BORN TELEKINETICS/TELEPATHS/TELEPORTERS/ENERGY MANIPULATORS

When i was young, I started having strange dreams of flying and telekinesis. Many of them were lucid dreams but I was not controlling my surroundings. Every time I would wake up, my hands and feet were vibrating at an alarming rate. I also felt energy all over the place. Sometimes I would try to get out of bed, and when I thought I hit the ground my feet were still in the air. The day I first discovered I had these abilities, I was extremely raged out and angry. My eyes changed strange colors, and my skin was hot as fire. The reason for this is not important, but I was screaming and waving my arms and things started flying across the room. This shocked me so much that I calmed down immediately. Ever since then I have been able to manipulate energy, I kept hearing peoples thoughts whether I liked it or not (it stopped) , I can mentally teleport, with concentration I can influence outcomes of things, I am terrible at my telekinesis power Link below. Also another thing is that lately I have been able to talk inside a few people's minds and also make people see things i want them to see. For a while now, I feel as if I am stuck in the same level. I have tried countless times to excel in my abilities, but for some reason I feel like I cannot excel. I need help to excel in my powers. I have also felt as if I am some sort of Alien or a hybrid from another planet. When I first had these abilities I started seeing symbols in purple. They look like an unknown language with triangles on them. I am although convinced that i am not an alien. I really have no idea how to get stronger at my powers. I have met people who were born with powers before but they say it is like a growth spurt and gets substantially stronger when your brain is fully developed. When I was younger the majority of telekinetic experiences happened involuntarily and I would know this happens because my hands and right lower back part of the brain vibrates with energy. Please can someone help me. You can also email me at: [email protected] . Thank You.

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join