It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Sighting - Habitat for Humanity store in Franklin, NC.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
here's an interesting story about a possible ghost or apparition caught on camera in a habitat for humanity store in North Carolina. you can see there is something moving across the FOV of the camera and there was nobody in the store overnight. what can it be ? i'm not sure what it is and thought i would share the story to see what everyone else thinks about it. hoax or real ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1820367b3090.jpg[/atsimg]

Ghost Caught on Tape?

A possible apparition has been caught on a surveillance tape at the Habitat for Humanity store in Franklin, NC. The store's alarm went off at the time the unexplained shape is seen moving on the video. Brian Irish, who works with Joshua P. Warren, analyzed the footage and has called it one of the best such "ghost" videos ever captured. Watch the video/report from WLOS.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

A ghostly image is caught on surveillance tape in Franklin The images were found around the same time that the Habitat for Humanity Store's burglar alarm went off early Monday morning.

www.wlos.com...

ATS Search Results

Google Search Results

[edit on 16-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Very cool! I follow Josh P. Warren's website pretty close and find this stuff amazing. It's one thing to see something strange on a video, but to have it coincide with the burglar alarm is interesting to say the least!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Whoa, that is some really interesting footage there in the link's link. I used to not believe in ghosts or anything, but my parents caught a ghost on tape before with surveillance tapes. We never did anything with the video though, it's been sitting in a drawer since '96.

Sometimes I wonder if ghosts aren't past humans, but rather other life forms evolved in their own way.... Interesting though!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I looked at the vid and the still image - in the vid I could not tell at all what was moving thru the frame but it was obvious that something was. So for what I see in the still photo - a cat with a dark collar - he does looks transparent (ghostly). Don't know what to make of it other than that - wish the image was better.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
thanks for the replys

yea the video quality is not good and i am trying to find a better copy but you can see there is something moving across the FOV. without a better image i can't do any enhancement of any kind but i'll keep looking.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think that is a ghost caught on tape. S&F

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I found this interesting. it could be a ghost I suppose. i used to work in such a place many years ago.. though I never saw a ghost.. we would get donations from families of people who had just died and sometimes, not all, you would geet a creepy feeling handling the stuff.

That's cool.. they let you watch the video when you buy something.. I take it business is booming.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
that video is pretty cool - this is the first time i think i've ever heard of a burglar alarm going off because of spirit activity. It also lends a lot of creedence to possible ghostly attachments of certain objects. Very cool stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Can't see anything on the video apart from a slight moving blurr that could be almost anything..... and plenty of other reasons why an alarm can go off - animals, faults etc. The woman even said she sees spiders often, and they set off alarms:

A prime example of this difference is burglar alarms being set off by spiders. (A spider crawling on a web in front of the motion detector appears very large to the motion detector.)

www.divsecurity.co.uk...

Typical of these useful idiots from ABC who call a "paranormal investigator" instead of someone who can be objective and critical.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Typical of these useful idiots from ABC who call a "paranormal investigator" instead of someone who can be objective and critical.

I think you're being too harsh. "Paranormal investigators" spend hours and hours on end analyzing video footage and very rarely come up with real solid evidence of "ghosts or entities", and know quite well what to look for when ruling out an anomaly or otherwise. Our main tech guy at Colorado Springs Paranormal Association is very experienced and a HUGE skeptic. He debunks 99% of the stuff caught on film.

Every_once_in _a_while something unexplainable comes along, however. The footage in the OP was pretty good. I've sat for hours and hours watching video, and analyized quite a bit of footage. Never caught anything quite like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really like this footage and want to see a better copy.

I'm usually very quick to debunk, but something about this one is a little more compelling.

Maybe it's just the combination of alarm going off along with the video footage adding to the conundrum...

[edit on 6/16/10 by Tharsis]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This video has made a believer out of me, I never believed in ghosts before but that video was something else and I really liked that Paranormal investigators expression when he saw the video. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I love this kind of stuff but from the WLOS report it's impossible to make out anything. I searched youtube but found nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

i looked for other copies of the video but i can't find any.

i was hoping to contact the Habitat for Humanity Resale Store but there doesn't seem to be a email address for them. i suppose i could give them a call tomorrow just to see if i can get the video file and go from there. i checked Warrens site www.joshuapwarren.com... but i don't see anything on there about it.

the date on the abc 13 news clip is ...

Monday, June 14 2010, 10:40 PM EDT

so i think this is a new story and hopefully we will find out more about the video in the near future. that's all i know and can find right now about this story. maybe somebody from North Carolina will see this thread and will be able to tell us more. cheers

[edit on 17-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Just thought I'd give this one a late-night *bump*

Second line

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
dont those security camera take a picture ever 5 seconds or something?

just saying what if the guy that broke in was wearing all white and running to do his thieving fast.
idk

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I wish I could find a better video. It looks like very good video evidence, I absolutely love this stuff! Never heard of a ghostie setting off a motion sensor before. If anyone finds a cleaner video, please post link. Again, thank you for posting.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Similar vid here except its a voice captured on camera, sounds like a woman speaking spanish perhaps?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OK, I live very near Franklin and while at the dentist getting a cleaning a few minutes ago, the hygenist told me about this sighting...the building is right down the street.

I plan on visiting the place tomorrow ( the director is an old pal ) and asking for a copy. If anyone wants to get a copy i suppose I could get a few and send them on to those who need it for examination, etc.

The local news , channel 13 out of Asheville, is doing a story and word around the campfire is that they plan on having someone stay there overnight without letting anyone know until it is over, and reporting on what is found.

No word as yet on the rumor ( which around here moves faster than the speed of light!!) that Joshua Warren will be the one doing it..I will report back after a personal visit and a chance to look closer at this.

The place is an old house on a well traveled street close to town, and until this had no prior notoriety.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

yes please send me a copy of the video and please keep us updated on any new investigations. i am glad you live there and can help us out with this story because it's a good one. thank you

i'll send you a U2U message with my email address

top topics

<<   2 >>

join