It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government should kick BP out of the USA and find new suppliers for station owners!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi all,

I am so angry at BP along with most everyone else! The government should kick BP out of the USA and find new suppliers for the BP station owners.. like Shell or Cheveron. This would protect the station owners from boycott and punish BP for their careless acts! What do you think of the idea?

Edit: Reworded post.. people not getting I want to protect the station owners from boycott.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
Hi all,

I am so angry at BP along with most everyone else! I have an idea on how to get rid of BP in the USA! The government should demand BP sell all of their stations in the USA to other oil companies! This way BP station owners will be protected against any BP boycotts and all profits BP makes must be used to clean up the Gulf. What do you think of the idea?

Guess what?!

Almost all their stations is the USA are owned by US Citizens that paid a lot of money to own a franchise! WOW~! Imagine that!

Almost all of BP's stations HAVE been sold to America!

And the silly boycotts are only hurting people like my neighbours down the street that own a BP Franchise and give summer jobs to the kids in the neighborhood! Woot! Lets boycott more, so we can screw up even more American lives cause we have NO CLUE what we are doing! Woot! Yeah baby!

Then, lets take all that lost tax revenue fron US taxpayers that lost their businesses because of people going off half cocked and boycotting them, and use the US taxpayers money to clean up the gulf!

Woot! yeah!

/s

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

BP actually owns few of the stations that sell it's product. They're owned by independent entrepenuers. Don't take it out on them.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately the stations are independent and don't get all their stuff from bp,

Perhaps they could be rebranded and made to sell someone elses fuel,
Not saying that should be done but it would effectively bypass the one problem with your suggestion and have the same outcome

Cheers
Rob

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Okay.. what I should say is that BP should be required to find a new oil company to provide for the stations.. change to Shell, Cheveron.. etc. Lets get rid of BP!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Real smart idea. Destroy a company that gives 40% of his share dividend to Americans and their 401k plans, and employes thousands of Americans.

And what about all the other contractors who worked with BP? Are you going to boycott all these companies as well?

Let me guess. You do not use any products or services that require crude oil? But still want all the benefits of our culture and economy.

And do you really think this will happen? What right do you or our Government have to enforce this? The US Government was quite happy to bail out the banks for billions and cripple millions of people.

And if this came close to happening, BP America will fold on a Friday, and start business as another company on Monday, leaving all it debts behind.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Don't generalize... that we all have anger for BP, cause I have a lot more anger for a government that didn't do their job. they didn't do their Job before or after the spill.
All of this anger against a BP is not warranted. most people are thinking about this rationally. except all those who are under the impression that boycotting well solve anything. look everybody wants them to get the spill cleaned up, and plug the well.
How are they gonna plug the well, ( I am sure not with whining and complaining) but with money. So it leads me to believe, the less money they have the less likely they well be to effectively operate. all the post, that BP is the boogeyman is getting kinda old

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So I guess you want a boycott of Halliburton as well, and put thousands of Amricans out of work as well.

And my podcast on the political grandstanding over this issue

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Then, I guess you are saying lets make contract law useless. I mean, at least when it comes to BP, because, we just need to destroy them.

So then, all of those poeple that have BP contracts, they can just throw them out the window, because...w e.. er.. someone.. er.. says so? Yeah... I can see that working... so.. no more contract law in the US.

Kind of like mortgage contract law. Obama can just wave a pen and viola, people no longer have a real mortgage contract, it just says whatever Obama says it does... then he can do the same to oil.. and wait... maybe Fannie May and Freddie Mack - maybe they can take over BP too!

Then, we will be just one big corporation where we pay all of our money in and no contracts mean anything anymore cause someone pisses us off - so then we can just apply for a car and a phone and a house and some heat and we won't have to worry about paying our mortgage anymore since we have Obama Cash!

That sounds great! =D

/s

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yay another BP band-waggon thread! Woo

In all seriousness just get over it. What has happened is awful but nothing will change. BP is paying for the cleanup and it will take time. Forging these pathetic personal vendettas and "boycotts" is just embarrassing. Quite frankly the way in which the government has acted has been far worse.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The "clean-up" is just a farce. there is really no way to clean the stuff up. They just pretend to. Workers do it about 2 hours a day. Just like when the Exxon Valdez leaked, they would steam the rocks every day and the oil is still there today. Nature and time cleans better than BP.
People think it is British Petrolium but it is Beyond Petrolium now, owned by many nations. They will just change their name.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Hi all,

I am so angry at BP along with most everyone else! I have an idea on how to get rid of BP in the USA! The government should demand BP sell all of their stations in the USA to other oil companies! This way BP station owners will be protected against any BP boycotts and all profits BP makes must be used to clean up the Gulf. What do you think of the idea?

Guess what?!

Almost all their stations is the USA are owned by US Citizens that paid a lot of money to own a franchise! WOW~! Imagine that!

Almost all of BP's stations HAVE been sold to America!

And the silly boycotts are only hurting people like my neighbours down the street that own a BP Franchise and give summer jobs to the kids in the neighborhood! Woot! Lets boycott more, so we can screw up even more American lives cause we have NO CLUE what we are doing! Woot! Yeah baby!

Then, lets take all that lost tax revenue fron US taxpayers that lost their businesses because of people going off half cocked and boycotting them, and use the US taxpayers money to clean up the gulf!

Woot! yeah!

/s

Your neighbor own a gas station.

What else do they own?
What size is their house?
How large is their family?
Where do the kids go to school?
Do they have any expensive cars, trucks, boats?

What makes you so sure if people boycott his station that he won't be able to put food on his families plates and shelter his family?

I would argue that people boycotting his gas station will not hurt them in the slightest. In the worst case if no one shops at his station -

So they might have to send their kids to public schools. So they may have to sell their house and move into an apartment complex. So they may have to sell their cars, trucks and boats and buy a cheap used economy car. So this guy may have to take the money from all those things and invest in something else. So they may not be able to live in the luxury they are accustomed to. Big Fat Hairy Deal. That is not going to take food and shelter away from them.

I see at present your neighbors have not had to: Move, send the kids to another school, sell their luxury items. So tell me again.. How Exactly are people boycotting their gas station hurting them?

No one in America should be buying or selling PB's products. They make over 200 billion dollars a year. They already have the money for the cleanup, they don't need to go out and make it.

To all those people who are saying you can't put all these people out of Jobs I say, Hell Yes I can. It would be far better for those people to try to find other jobs than to work the That company. That company needs to go and shame on people for continuing to work for such slime balls. They should all quit on their own.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
One wonders if the USA would create a new federal death penalty for Crimes against the Earth and her inhabitants.

Perhaps public executions of Tony Hayward and his crew are what the people in the USA will ultimately demand.

Sounds crazy. But 'crazy' happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Great display of wealth envy.

But no, they are by far not rich, they work 7 days a week in their little station with two pumps, they have a cafe where they make homemade food and sell it at the gas station. Their kids went to public schools, I can assure you.

The point being, it will be small families in small areas like this that boycotting would hurt. There are all of 4 gas stations in the area. Only a portion of what they sell is gas.

So, it is okay to destroy a few American lives to prove a point? Because you wrongly decided they were rich, sent their kids to private schools? Really?

This is the real example of what's wrong in todays world, wealth envy. If I can't have it, no one should. If they have "too much", take it from them, it just means they are greedy, and I am needy, so send it my way. They took food from my mouth anyway. Right?

Except, they worked to own that franchise.

You?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Since Corporations now have "personhood" thanks to the Supreme Court ruling....

We should put every DAMN BP executive in PRISON for MURDER of 11 human beings who enforced them to bypass procedures they knew were unsafe.

Many of whom knew what they were doing was extremely dangerous and they were told to do so anyway...and they did because IT WAS THEIR JOB.

These were AMERICAN WORKERS DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF they want personhood...then let's treat them like a real person...let's treat them like "SMALL PEOPLE."

[edit on 16-6-2010 by David9176]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I reworded the original post.. people were confused on what I was trying to say.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Okay.. what I should say is that BP should be required to find a new oil company to provide for the stations.. change to Shell, Cheveron.. etc. Lets get rid of BP!

As was stated when the oil execs were put in front of Congress, none of the other oil companies have any better plans to deal with a disaster like this than BP do.

They have ideas on paper, but are pretty much the same kind of things that BP have tried.

I doubt the other companies would give any more priority to inspections and safety procedures if it meant spending more money than they had to, so i see no difference in letting another company try and do a better job.

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

No actually I'm all for reducing our dependence on oil and suggest we work on finding alternatives! I for one want to buy an electric car once they become available.. I don't drive a gas hogging SUV.. my car gets 30+ mpg.. if everyone did their part to reduce our dependence on oil, this world would be a better place to live.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

That isn't the point.. it is a statement.. a punishment! Do you think the other oil companies are going to be as careless as BP after this.. I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
First of all the U.S owns 40% of BP - Fact. Secondly, its a fixed event to gain money/power. How do i know? Trust me, im a doctor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join