It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening Capabilities Of Phone Towers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The capabilities of Satellites to metaphorically zoom in on the specifics of comunication transmissions ie telephone conversations, emails, even real time audio conversations, has long been acknowledged.

But what of the mobile phone towers on every neighbourhood corner?

What of the golf ball type domes spread every 20km or so across every westen nation?

The procesing capacity of computers and storage sizes for this procesed or unprocessed info is staggering.
It is now possible ? for every word uttered within a set distance to these towers /golf ball domes to be recorded?
Is it possible then for the listening post to search for the nearest mobile phone number/Ip address of the nearest laptop of any recorded audio/conversation piece?
The data can be stored without analysing , forever.
Then if a dictator wants to cull, he/she simply gets a few more terabytes of info, and gets the data analysed.
A few thousand whining about this and that.
This I believe is now very technically possible.
Just a heads up (uggh God this is becoming a cliche?) for all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

When it comes to recording, im not sure, but when it comes to exactly what can be done, I made a thread on this a short time ago that you might like reading...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to de-rail your thread but it ties into what you were speaking about and might not know about just yet.

Cheers!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

When it comes to recording, im not sure, but when it comes to exactly what can be done, I made a thread on this a short time ago that you might like reading...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to de-rail your thread but it ties into what you were speaking about and might not know about just yet.

Cheers!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

No worries mate I recommend anyone reading this to visit your excellent thread, I wasnt trying to divert your thread either, its all proof that the reasons for the NETWORK is not just about ease of communications for us the PLEBS?
We are so naive it is almost ... farce?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I think people forget that most of the tech we get comes from the wars fought.

Its easy to forget, if we were living in complete acknowledgement of everything going on right now, we would be running for the hills.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yes , spot on , like Kate Bush sings in one of her etheral songs
"Running up that hill, if only we could" with no problems.
The human condition is difficult, the facists and their boots well that makes it another thing .

top topics

join