It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you sell YOUR soul for your children?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
if you ask a lot of people if they would sell their soul to the devil, their answer is usually no, an eternity in hell? i think i'll pass, no matter what material objects and artificial talents they will be given in the small time they have on earth.

but what if it was for your children? would you sell your soul to guarantee their success and hapiness?

i'm just curious since i don't have in children of my own at this time in my life, i just want to know how strong the bond is between parent and child.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Well I don’t have any kinds either but even I know a good parent will do anything and everything for their child.

.......Well IMO they should do anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

a minority don't, that is the sad thing

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No i will never bring someone into this world

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

i see, but if you could guaruntee they would be safe and happy, it's a different ball game.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Yes and that is such a sad thing I agree.

But all I know is that I would move the heavens and the earth for my children.....Selling a little soul would be no problem.

Anyway I'll leave this thread and let others reply now as you've received my answer already.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My son is now 4 months old and he is my life. I am pretty sure he will have a happy and successful life anyway but if he ever had a problem I will sign my soul over with a great big smile on my face.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by kenny71]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

i'm glad to hear that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by andy1033

No, I would not sell my soul for their happiness/success.

They need to live their own lives, and all that that entails . . . the ups and downs included.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My wife and I are having a child. Didn't we already sell our soul...?

To answer your question, absolutely yes. If it was for my child, and there was a damn good reason, then there is no question about it. I believe most parents would agree.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For what, to become something that he may send to destroy them anyway. Naw he doesnt have the funds NOR BLOOD CURRENCY for this soul. If my babies were threatened then I would defend them to the foolest TO MY DEATH but to sell my soul preventing me from being with them on the otherside is insane ITS ONLY LIFE/ DEATH THE BEAST HAS NO CONTROLL OVER EXISTANCE and knows this. I am sure many would sell their souls not knowing how the contract can be altered after the purchase but I can understand.... IF WE ARE TALKING SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR MY CHILDREN THEN YES I WILL ASAP......

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No, I would not sell my soul for my children if I had any. Nor would I sell my soul for anyone. (I am assuming you mean to save their lives? or what are the circumstances around such a proposed soul selling?)

I would trade my LIFE for the life of a loved one. But not my soul, however you choose to define that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why would you sell your soul for your children, when as already stated, this life doesn't last that long.

Their soul will just like the others be at peace, while you are spending an eternity in hell. All because you sold your soul for something lasting at most 90 years.

I don't have children so I wouldn't know. But, that just seems a bit stupid.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
seems to me that there is a rift, i never took into account that if you sold your soul that you would never see your children again (banking on the fact that they dont end up in hell with you)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes, but it's not possible.

You can't sell your soul. That is a myth.

It belongs to you and you only and nothing or anybody can take it away from you.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I guess we have a lot of people on ATS whose parents didnt love them enough. I agree that children should live their own life but if my child ever came down with a life threatening illness I would be the first to jump on that grenade.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i guess those with children will never understand the bond untill it happens.
it seems to me that peoples lives seem of much less importance than their soul, that of course depends on your perception of death and the afterlife, if you believe in it at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Well, this is a question I often want answered by my Christian friends.
Since Adam and Eve fell we are all destined to hell by their belief.
One is only saved by believing in the heart that the Christ of the Niacene Creed is Lord, and confessing it with our mouths.
However, infants can hardly confess in language, or undertsand belief.
So, by their own Christian teaching, all unsaved infants are going straight to hell.
In fact St Augustine apparently once claimed that hell is paved with the bodies of unbaptized infants.
Now my friends argue, whithout a shred of proof, that infants are protected (or unprotected) by their parents' faith.
Later churches brought in child baptism (which many current churches reject) as "protection" against hell. In any case, many Christian parents sin, and it doesn't bother them that their "lukewarm" behaviour puts their infants at risk of hell. So, while people pay all kinds of lip service most of them don't care.
Fortunately I don't have kids, neither am I Christian.
However, mentally retarded people, vegetables and infants are going to hell by Christian theology. This must be the case, or the whole thing collapses.
However, at the time these beliefs were invented, infant mortality was so high that societies did not regard babies as fully human, or became attached to them as people until they reached a certain stage.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Depends.

Assuming traditional heaven/hell exists, and selling my soul for my children means going to hell myself so that my children will have a nice life on Earth, then no. If I would go to hell to guarantee my children get into heaven... well, that's a different question. A genuine moral dilemma if you would. I'd probably do it. It'd be my duty as a parent, plus I feel like that's the trick God's playing and that's the right answer. And if not, I was going to hell anyway for being a nonbeliever, so nothing lost, eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

faith obviously had to come into this, but many people would give their souls or lives away in a quick moment to save their children, but to not live to protect your children is highly boring

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join