It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Petraeus passing out during senate armed services committee meeting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No i already said this was not a joke thread i just said McCain's face looked like he was having a stroke.

This made the news hes the head of US military so a asked if people think he is fit for the job.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

AH....I misread. Posting on the fly sometimes is not the best of ideas.

A bit of a nit-pick...he is not the head of the miltary, that would be the President. He is though, the Commanding Officer over the theater of war in Afghanistan and I believe Iraq, but not quite sure.

He seems fit for service, but again, image the weight on his shoulders.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I know the president is commander and chef but you know what i was trying to say so no probs there

What if he as a more serious problem and he's just saying he was dehydrated time will tell.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

That is a vaild point. We most likely will have no knowledge if he did or did not have anything else serious going on. Most likely it will remain as a bout of dehydration coupled with stress and/or lack of sleep.

His military career is decorated and I personally believe he has the troops in mind and does not wish to play politics. Hence the reasons for the Surge type plan in Iraq. From what I have seen, he understands that if we are at war, then let us act like it and use on the fundamentals of warfare, force in numbers.

While I would like to see my brothers and sisters in arms come home, a lot of them wish to do their job, which is war. It is an ugly profession that throughout these years through military propaganda has highlighted as one that doesn't just entail war, but schooling and such. While those are an aspect of duty, it is not the main mission.

I believe General Petraeus understands that and wishes to accomplish his mission. If he is more sick than letting on, I would hope that no political pressure for him to remain on because for the most part, he is well received, it would leave our forces at a disadvantage having a sick general making decisions regarding war.

On a side note, these are the same mistakes we as a country have made since the end of WWII in regards to warfare. We truly believe that smaller numbers weighing heavily upon technology to carry us through, yet time and time again show that in a field of battle such seen in Afghanistan and Iraq, they are a recipe for disaster...

Either way my personal beliefs are we need not turn tail and run, but rather act like it’s a war. If we are going to do, let us do it to win, not play politics and pussyfoot on the battlefield. Maybe not the most politically correct statement, oh well.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

A bit of a nit-pick...he is not the head of the miltary, that would be the President.

That's technically correct, but in this case, Obama is just another cross for Petraeus to bear. Obama is no CiC.

None of you in this thread could shine Petraeus' shoes. You couldn't handle his travel schedule, much less his job. And you think you have the right to judge him. Pfffftttt!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
McCain's face was priceless.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that a week after dude almost passes out due to "stress and dehydration" that he's promoted to TOP U.S. command in Afghanistan? Seriously, since when do we promote our weakest in the military? If soldiers are expected to stand at attention, knees locking, hours on end, can't we expect our generals to be able to have the endurance to sit through a hearing?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
He really should get his carotid arteries checked - that looked like a TIA to me.

Or maybe his batteries got low, and someone had to do a quick change there at the desk.

Seriously, that looked just like a TIA.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Looks like the manchurian device malfunctioned for a second there...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join