It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Disaster Will Be End of Life As We Know It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This is it. It's over. Get ready for the most insane year of your life. 5 years. 10 years. One day you will look back at your life right now and think about how easy it was, how innocent. We are on the cusp of total collapse, right at the precipice.

If you're like most people you probably have already decided that I am exaggerating without knowing why I am saying this. Well let me make it clear that I also wish I was exaggerating. I don't sell survival equipment or gold. My job is not recession proof. I have a family. I didn't wake up today and randomly decide to declare that this is the end of life as we know it. But I do research. I make calls and tune into radio, scouring the internet for news clips and analysis. I make a concerted effort to only quote trustworthy sources. The information that has emerged over the past few days confirms fears that this is actually an "Armageddon" event. I am being completely serious.

Check it: The oil, spewing out at 20,000 to 70,000 psi, and the sediment within it has eroded the very walls of the well itself in several areas. This means that this is now an uncontainable gusher that is literally spewing oil up from dozens of sites across the gulf floor. The massive oil pocket tapped under immense pressure is now spewing out into the seabed. Capping the well does nothing. The oil pocket is tapped, the pipe is eroded and the oil is now spewing up to the ocean floor with intense pressure. Plumes are being generated everywhere. They cannot stop this. Human technology cannot contain a liquid at that pressure, especially at that depth under the ocean. We simply do not have the technology or know-how to fix this. We don't. The relief wells are essentially useless now because the original well cannot be plugged so oil will always flow out of it regardless of how many other wells they dig. They needed to get into the pipe, fill the old pipe with mud and cement and then divert the oil into the new well. But because the tapped oil pocket is sand blasting itself routes to the surface that grow each day in diameter due to the eroding walls and passageways, there is no "well" to fill. That is because whats left of the well is already dissolving. And each day that passes until they drill their so-called "relief wells" will only see the oil finding new routes through the escapes it has carved through erosion of the pipes and rock. Thad Allen, the head of the US Coast Guard, has said that the oil isn't all flowing up the pipe anymore but is now "in communication" with the seabed and the surrounding soft rock formation. It is now blasting its own wells.

Ya, that's bad, but that isn't even the scary part. Hydrogen Sulfide, Benzene, Methylene Chloride, and other toxic gases are also spewing out along with the oil. In concentrations hundreds and thousands of times greater than what is considered safe for humans. Lethal levels. When the hurricanes come they will absorb this toxic seawater and drop it as rain. Literally toxic rain. Let me guess, toxic rain doesn't scare you. The biggest threat is already actualized with the chemicals entering the atmosphere and being carried around by the wind.

“The media coverage of the BP oil disaster to date has focused largely on the threats to wildlife, but the latest evaluation of air monitoring data shows a serious threat to human health from airborne chemicals emitted by the ongoing deepwater gusher,” the Institute for Southern Studies blog reported on May 10.

Any one of these chemicals in these concentrations would be lethal. Mixed together it's truly unthinkable.

The fragile US economy, in the midst of a feeble attempt at a jobless recovery, overstretched by war and out of control spending is not equipped to handle a disaster of this magnitude. No country in the world could. Remember how well they handled the Katrina thing? This makes Katrina look like a grade school fire drill. Well I wonder how well they will do this time as they prepare to evacuate entire cities and states. See this and this. Once the evacuations begin the markets will tank. Once people are forced to grasp what is happening around them the global economy will come to a screeching halt as it's engine, the USA, sinks into the throes of the worst environmental disaster in the history of the world. This will cause a dollar confidence crisis. Enraged citizens will riot and loot with no hope of a decent life ahead of them. Martial law will be declared.

They have no way to stop this, only a theory that maybe a nuke would implode the oil pocket. Ya, we're talking about nuking the earths crust under the ocean. Eventually the oil will make it's way around the world as the entire oil deposit is unleashed into the ocean.

Are you buying the crap coming from BP? The bogus press releases and the downplayed assessments? They've been lying through their teeth, censoring the media and destroying evidence. If you trust them, you have some problems.

BP Official Admits to Damage Beneath Sea floor

John Doty Jr

Source

While I Agree that this spill is the worse we have seen, I don't think this will be as bad as this Blogger Claims.

I do know for a fact that BP and the Government are covering their arse.

What do you think ATS? Could it be as bad as John Doty Jr. Claims?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
On May 14 WWLTV in New Orleans ran a report on the levels of Hydrogen Sulfide and Benzene in the air at that time. 5-10 parts per billion is the established allowable amount for Hydrogen Sulfide. WWLTV reported that on May 3 the level was recorded at 1,192 ppb. Pastor Williams said his sources report the level detected in the Gulf at 1,200 ppb and the amount poses a serious and even fatal health risk.

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is indeed an end time scenario. One in which i didn't even think of.

Man, one day your wondering when WW3 is going to start, and the next this happens.

I think i speak for us all when i say, "Oil is a boring and stupid way to die".

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i just posted some science and verification of the levels
toxicity here pg3 and 4 through 6
and how to read the measurements and convert from one to the other
some info is in ppb ,ppm and ug/M3
this is deceptive too
since many don't know the difference...
the thread also shows some accurate sources and some that are not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

what it also shows
a lot of people just don't have the science to understand
what is going on
so that is going to work aganst everyone

the ptb utilizing this crisis to manipulate to their advantage are counting on this I guess

there are also those that are trying to stiffle the info
that comes out on that thread too

good thing there are places like ATS

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think your concerns are most relevant, but are you sure the safe levels are 5-10 parts per billion or is it 5-10 parts per million? if its per million, then the levels of 1200 per billion aren't fatal (not to minimise the catastrophe). Just trying to understand how bad this is.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

There are quite a number of substances that are rated in the parts per billion in terms of safe levels. Especially in the last couple decades as testing technologies have improved.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It is 5-10 parts per million not billion is the level it 1st affects you with symptoms www.safetydirectory.com... 50 parts per million serious problems to health.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hydrogen sulfide (H2S, CAS# 7783-06-4) is an extremely hazardous, toxic compound. It is a colourless, flammable gas that can be identified in relatively low concentrations, by a characteristic rotten egg odor. The gas occurs naturally in coal pits, sulfur springs, gas wells, and as a product of decaying sulfur-containing organic matter, particularly under low oxygen conditions. It is therefore commonly encountered in places such as sewers, sewage treatment plants (H2S is often called sewer gas), manure stockpiles, mines, hot springs, and the holds of fishing ships. Industrial sources of hydrogen sulfide include petroleum and natural gas extraction and refining, pulp and paper manufacturing, rayon textile production, leather tanning, chemical manufacturing and waste disposal.

Hydrogen sulfide has a very low odor threshold, with its smell being easily perceptible at concentrations well below 1 part per million (ppm) in air. The odor increases as the gas becomes more concentrated, with the strong rotten egg smell recognisable up to 30 ppm. Above this level, the gas is reported to have a sickeningly sweet odor up to around 100 ppm. However, at concentrations above 100 ppm, a person's ability to detect the gas is affected by rapid temporary paralysis of the olfactory nerves in the nose, leading to a loss of the sense of smell. This means that the gas can be present at dangerously high concentrations, with no perceivable odor. Prolonged exposure to lower concentrations can also result in similar effects of olfactory fatigue. This unusual property of hydrogen sulfide makes it extremely dangerous to rely totally on the sense of smell to warn of the presence of the gas.

H2S is classed as a chemical asphyxiant, similar to carbon monoxide and cyanide gases. It inhibits cellular respiration and uptake of oxygen, causing biochemical suffocation. Typical exposure symptoms include:
With a vapor density of 1.19, hydrogen sulfide is approximately 20 percent heavier than air, so this invisible gas will collect in depressions in the ground and in confined spaces. The use of direct reading gas detection instrumentation should be required before entering confined spaces such as manholes, tanks, pits, and reaction vessels that could contain an accumulation of H2S gas.

Wherever possible, exposure should be minimised by employing adequate engineering controls and safe working practices. Such methods include ensuring good ventilation and changing work procedures and practices. Where engineering controls cannot adequately control levels of exposure, it may be necessary to supplement them with the use of suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) such as supplied-air respirators. A qualified industrial hygienist or safety professional should be consulted for guidance on the suitability and correct use of respirators.

Should a co-worker ever be overcome by H2S gas, do not attempt a rescue until you are properly protected yourself. The rescuer can very easily get caught out by venturing into a confined space without adequate protection. Remember that at levels above 200 ppm, collapse, coma and death due to respiratory failure can occur within seconds after only a few inhalations so you can be overcome yourself very quickly. Such incidents are sadly all too common and only serve to make the rescue effort twice as difficult.

Health Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide :

0 - 10 ppm Irritation of the eyes, nose and throat
10 - 50 ppm Headache Dizziness Nausea and vomiting Coughing and Breathing difficulty
50 - 200 ppm Severe respratory tract irritation Eye irritation / acute conjunctivitis Shock Convulsions Coma Death in severe cases

1 ppm = 1000 ppb
1 ppb = 1/1000 ppm

When I worked offshore i once worked an H2S field and we had to have an SCBA and Don it in under 1 minute.

Alarms are set to sound @ 10 ppm

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

link   
reply to post by Danbones

Absolutely agree.

By the way no one had better fart. The body produces H2S.

link   
The New World Order - Depopulation - Money Stock Market - Wars - Diseases and THEY are putting it all in place to blame The Coming Changes for the loss of most lives when in FACT its always been our very OWN GOVERNMENTS/MILLITARY'S.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

the exposure times are in hours
people are breathing this in months
toxicity levels go down as time go up

like a sip of gas won't hurt you (much)
a sip a minute for 2 months ?

this stuff will evaporate and fall with the rain
it will be corrosive
essential bacteria micro oganizisms can't handle
ppb of acid rain it KILLS waters
it kills plants

also we already know they are not telling us the true levels
the epa said ground zero air was safe look at those people now

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That is abosoluty correct however chronic exposure to lower levels may cause problems as well. The workers should be wearing resperators if they cleaning liquid or emulsified oil.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
On May 14 WWLTV in New Orleans ran a report on the levels of Hydrogen Sulfide and Benzene in the air at that time. 5-10 parts per billion is the established allowable amount for Hydrogen Sulfide. WWLTV reported that on May 3 the level was recorded at 1,192 ppb. Pastor Williams said his sources report the level detected in the Gulf at 1,200 ppb and the amount poses a serious and even fatal health risk.

www.wwltv.com...
So was WWlTV wrong about the 5-10 part per billion, since its 5-10 parts per million? Or am I confusing safe levels with harmful ones?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Bingo You hit the nail on the head there!

What will really be bad is when we get a storm in the GOM and it sucks all the gases into the atmosphere and it falls back as rain all the way up the east coast.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well the picture painted by that blogger is certainly a real possibility now . On a very deep level I'm starting to feel a bit freaked out to be honest - there are all the reports of the BOP starting to lean and if that happens there's just a wide open wound with no way to stop it and 2, 600 times the volume of oil releasing into the sea compared to the world's previous largest oil spill. It's practically apocalyptic in now if the fears become reality.

For a long time I've thought that the puppetmasters have been deliberately setting events in motion to make it look as though religious prophecies are coming true. An event of this magnitude would indeed be the event that spins the world out of control in many different ways, causing many of the dire events that the so called prophecies warn about.

I'm inclined to view the bible and it's buddy the Koran as blueprints for planetary takeover, a sort of war strategy for ultimate control. We all know what's supposed to come after the world is on it's knees - the good old saviour gods the many ancient texts talk about , always with the promise to return at the end of the old world to help forge the new one. You have to wonder if they haven't been getting mankind to do much of their dirty work for them . People talk about all sorts of calamitous world events being deliberately orchestrated with a view to crashing the current world and birthing a new one out of the broken pieces.......well ask yourselves who might be at the very TOP of the chain, holding the keys to the new kingdom. What might be above the global elite on this planet ?

Always there but always in the shadows until such a time when the world is screwed and mankind is begging for solutions.

What better time to present yourselves as saviours of the world ?

This may very well be something much bigger than we are willing to see . I don't want to derail the thread and invite a debate about ETs but I had to bring it up as a possibility for those of you who might get where I'm coming from, especially those who suspect this disaster may have been set in motion deliberately.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If this is true I just hope that I get to see the Gulf get nuked before the world ends. They need to go ahead and try it just for the lulz. What do we have to lose?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by nastalgik]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
If this is true I just hope that I get to see the Gulf get nuked before the world ends. They need to go ahead and try it just for the lulz. What do we have to lose?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by nastalgik]

Well Concidering the formation is on a fault line .....

Earthquake and seafloor collapse along with the largest release of oil and gas the world has seen in modern times.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What seems to happen is someone lets the cat out of the bag with this its 5000 parts per billion and safe levels are just 5-10 parts per billion; scare the hell out of everyone and then go opps my error. Then when it does get to 10,000 ppb people are already used to it.

This is a game they are playing with information. Watch it closely and you will see them giving out just enough to manipulate the sheeple, some ATSers also.

Read the facts! and check them!

This is going to get a lot worse, and people will blindly follow as they see their lives and homes destroyed. if you want to have any sense of control you had better make some decision for yourselves before the government makes them for you.

I live south of the spill and have a very bad feeling that I am going to be woken up in the middle of the night by a VERY large wave, and yes i live on the water front. Have a broadcast quality DVcam pointed due north waiting for the wave to arrive. I'll be 45 feet above sea level so by the time it gets here I am hoping it will be down to 20ft or so. I'm on Roatan and soon to start my own Alternative News and Conspiracy hour radio show.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

yah mon
I had a heck of a time explaining this on other threads
then there is also ug/m3
that makes it look like f -all to a person who just read
the safe level in ppm

thats why I mention the other thread
I gave myself a head ache trying to explain it
i guess I should get it all into one place...

the safe level for benzine
is 1 ppm
it has been measured at
3.4 ppm

so right there...

edit
the shoew sounds like a good idea considering
some one mentioned that monitors like the ones oil workers have can be bought
that was a great idea i thought

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I never read the benzine levels have you got the link?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join