It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian ships ready to sail to Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
These boats probably won't arrive at Gaza until June 25th. They are just a part of MAJOR event that will climax on Saturday, June 26, 2010.

The most likely outcome is that they'll be seized by the Israelis, just like the others, and the Iranians will bitch and moan, just like they always do.

Surely, even the Iranians must know by now that their war is beyond lost and their efforts doomed to failure one after the other.

These Persians are far dumber than Cambyses.

Please tell us what event is happening on the 26th? And how is the Gaza blockade related to this event?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Originally posted by bruxfinn
These boats probably won't arrive at Gaza until June 25th. They are just a part of MAJOR event that will climax on Saturday, June 26, 2010.

The most likely outcome is that they'll be seized by the Israelis, just like the others, and the Iranians will bitch and moan, just like they always do.

Surely, even the Iranians must know by now that their war is beyond lost and their efforts doomed to failure one after the other.

These Persians are far dumber than Cambyses.

Please tell us what event is happening on the 26th? And how is the Gaza blockade related to this event?

Shshshhhhh ... he just registered. He knows things...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Only 70 were selected. It would be interesting to know which out of the bunch were selected, and knowing Iran there wont be too many "tree-huggers" on either ship.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If the ships try to run what is recognized as legal blockade, they should be boarded and seized. Really not much to discuss here.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Avamarguy]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

It's all speculation...it just seemed kind of obvious that major world events are converging upon the date range of June 26th and July 11th, between the lunar and solar eclipses. Hell, even a Hollywood movie entitled Eclipse will hit theaters on June 30th.

The Persian aid flotilla is corresponding to the Persians moving their intelligence pieces into play for an event that won't lead to anything, but they have to go through with it anyway because if they don't everyone will know that their goal of achieving supremacy over time and space has gone horribly awry.

Anyway...I just know many, many people are being set up to take major losses and its fun to mock and humiliate them as their lives and careers spiral out of control and even though they know they are going to fail they can't really do anything to stop it.

I don't take sides, however, and personally feel that the some Israelis and Palestinians are making this whole drama possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Why not, iranians take sail and maybe some isrealis take sail. ARE THEY HAVING A PARTY? WHAT cha gonna do, what cha gonna do when they come for you, bad boys,bad boys. SAME NONSENSE, different day. I wish they would just get it over with so that the peoples over there can be like us americans. TAKE OFF THE VEIL, FREEDOM TO WOMAN. Get rid of the thugs all over there.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

These are not regular citizens. They are Basiji at a minimum, Revolutionary guard will be amongst the citizens.

Use your head, Iran has been silently picking a fight with Israel for how long now? Everyone’s getting very sick of Israel's badgering, everyone. Including western nations.
Iran has wanted a bit of fisty cuff's with Israel for a while, but they can’t be the first to throw a punch, they need Israel to snap first, then they can claim self defence.

A blockade is considered legal only if the United Nations deems it so.

Since 1945, the UN Security Council determines the legal status of blockades and by article 42 of the UN Charter, the Council can also apply blockades.

The United nations is the decider on the legality of the blockade

Seems to me, the United Nations has been saying for a long time it does not approve of this blockade and it must be lifted:

18 November 2008 – The top United Nations human rights official called today for an immediate end to the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip, which she said contravened international law and had deprived those living there of their most basic human rights for months.

www.unclef.com...

KAMPALA, June 1 (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged Israel to lift its Gaza blockade, stressing if Israel had heeded international calls to end it the raid on a Gaza aid ship flotilla would not have happened.

"Had the Israeli government heeded to international calls and my own strong and urgent and persistent call to lift the blockade of Gaza, this would not have happened," Ban told Reuters in an interview on Tuesday in Kampala.

www.alertnet.org...

Ban told journalists between meetings that he wants an immediate end to the blockade of Gaza, and he said he is pressing Israel to give a full accounting of the incident, including lists of the dead and wounded.

Once again, Israel and the United States only listen to the United Nations when it serves them too. If the United nations doesn’t assist in their agenda, they ignore them.

Secondly,

If Israel boards the Iranian vessel in international waters, the ship is well within its rights to use 'non lethal' weapons to defeat the pirates. This is international law, as advised by the US government.

In addition, while the non-wartime 20th century tradition has been for merchant vessels not to be armed, the U.S. Government has recently changed the rules so that it is now "best practice" for vessels to embark a team of armed private security guards.[96][97] In addition, the crew themselves can be given a weapons training,[98] and warning shots, less-lethal ammunition, ... can be fired legally in international waters and/or when sailing under Israeli or Russian flag[dubious – discuss]. Finally, similar to weapons training, remote weapon systems can be implemented to a vessel.[99]

So, if Israel boards this ship in international waters they are within their rights to use bats and non lethal bullets against the Israeli's.

If they choose to run through the blockade, the Israeli's have no rights to stand on being the UN have advised the blockade isn’t legal.

www.rferl.org...

.. Isnt it funny how history repeats itself? Those who argue for Israel chose to ignore the UN and international law, because, at the same time, they argue that what there doing is justified because the 'OTHER' party is breaking international law.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
These boats will be porting in Egypt not Gaza. No worries-no conflict here. Carry on.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
I hope they have plenty of life jackets because they are going to need them. Israel will not play games with Iran I can promise you.

All the two sides (Israel and Iran) need is one incident to start their little turf war.

Let's see what happens here.

Let's see if the blockaders have the stones to attack someone who will fight back.

Let's see.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Looks like Iran was serious about sending aid ships to Gaza...I hope some aid gets thru to those poor people. I hope all goes well and Isreal lets them thru without starting WWIII.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by GeminiSky]

I hope aid gets through as well! By that I mean they could always ship the aid to the Israeli port and let them send it though on the ground.

There is always that method. Sadly, this isn't about shipping aid to the people in the Gaza strip. This is about breaking the Israeli blockaid so Hamas can be armed.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Brilliant move by Iran actually. If they do make it through and then Israel decides to attack Iran they will be seen as an obvious aggressor when Iran is trying to help. Nothing like playing chess with real life pieces.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by spy66

haha... that a joke?

Israel doesnt want to hurt the people of Iran?

What about Palestine? do they not want to hurt those people?

Iran will be under strict orders, do not allow that boat to be taken.
If any of those Iranians return home alive after being capture and deported by Israel, they will be hung.

Well not according to Israels own propaganda. Israel dont want to hurt anyone.
I will believe them before i believe you.

PS , where do you get the idea that Iran will hang any one of them?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

You do realise you're saying propaganda is more believable then intel right? Whatever nonsense israel is sprouting on and I really have no idea what thatis... its bound to be a load of crap.... when has any government ever been earnest with their intentions...

BTW not saying the above claim of Iranians being hung could be true... just saying the TV lies

[edit on 14/6/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avamarguy
If the ships try to run what is recognized as legal blockade, they should be boarded and seized. Really not much to discuss here.

Nice to see there is some logic and sense left among the silliness.

This "aid' is just ruse for Iran to piss off Israel while looking like they give actually care about human rights. Attempting to run the blockade should be tantamount to attempted invasion and be fired upon as such.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
if a 89 year old veteran white house correspondent can be made so angry to the point she just speaks her mind and tells jews to return to europe...you just know israel is doing something treyf.

anyway...

cmon icrc...send your ships asap to break the blockade...legal or illegal...who cares...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Tony Blair was on TV last night trying to pretend he was going to save the world and was ho so happy because Iserail might throw the dog a bone by allowing a few more goods to enter the gaza strip like stuff that should never had been banned in the fisrt place.

Blair wants to legitimize the blocade in return for a dogs bone and should be doing the job he's paid to do and telling iserail to take the blockade down or else but is instead of taking bribes from the zionists.

The clear aggresor in this conflit is Iserail who are putiing two finger up to the world and iserail can stuff holding it's own investigation with a few outside observers because we don't need any of that to see who was at fault when a member of iserails parlamant has already said the ship came under gun fire before and of the ilegal bordings.

We should also demand Iran is allows more freedom instead of sanctions becaue they might or might not want to build nukes because who can blame them when the phyco from Iserail is always planning to bomb them and don't look to america to help who still have sanctions on Cuba long after the cold war has ended.

All these nations that are standing up to iserail are standing up to the NWO because it is the zionist international bankers that bribes our politicians and hold the world economy to ransum.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Israel will be specially careful with this ship if it sails with a Iranian flag. Israel knows whats at stake, and they know why Iran is sending a ship to provoke the blockade. This ship will without doubt be stopped in international water by Israel.

But Iran will play the nice guy with this ship, and their wont be anyone from the Iranian national guard on board to provoke Israel to shoot at them. That is the Iranian tactic with this ship. Because Iran wants to prove to the world that they actually mean peace.
This is not a action to set a stage to give Iran a reason to strike Israel. But to prove to the world that Israel is the aggressor within the middle eastern politics. That is if Israel acts more aggressive towards Iranian aid.

PS: Iran wants to use the aid as leverage on Israel within the UN and media. Probably to postpone a future strike by Israel even longer.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by spy66

haha... that a joke?

Israel doesnt want to hurt the people of Iran?

What about Palestine? do they not want to hurt those people?

Iran will be under strict orders, do not allow that boat to be taken.
If any of those Iranians return home alive after being capture and deported by Israel, they will be hung.

Well not according to Israels own propaganda. Israel dont want to hurt anyone.
I will believe them before i believe you.

PS , where do you get the idea that Iran will hang any one of them?

You do realise you're saying propaganda is more believable then intel right? Whatever nonsense israel is sprouting on and I really have no idea what thatis... its bound to be a load of crap.... when has any government ever been earnest with their intentions...

BTW not saying the above claim of Iranians being hung could be true... just saying the TV lies

[edit on 14/6/2010 by faceoff85]

I am actually saying, you have to know how propaganda is used. In this case its about who looks good. Israel needs support, Iran needs support and time to prepare in case Israel is going to attack.

Iran doesn't want to attack Israel. I know Iran said they would like to see Israel wiped of the map. But that is not the point with the Iranian propaganda. Its more like Iran is telling us that, Iran and the middle east would be a lot better of if Israel wasn't there.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Iran getting closer...just two more days...

right on schedule...these particular Iranians are dumber than Cambyses indeed...

I wonder what awaits them?

If they were smart...they'd turn around now!!!

They have no chance against far superior and, more importantly, lawful authority.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avamarguy

It is not a legal blocade at all and if you want to talk legal then lets talk about all the UN warnings given to Iserail to stop steeling land.

Cowards will not be allowed to kill peace protestors on aid ships in international waters and get away with it and nor will they be allowed to treat kids worse then Hittler treated the jews.

Time the USA took the nukes back from iserail and the UN did something about the phosphus bombs iserail used and punished iserail for attacking a NATO member.

They have no chance against far superior and, more importantly, lawful authority.

if anyone scrolls up the page then they will find a very usefull post that puts this theory of yours to bed once and for all and the post has full quotes from the UN so why argue that 2 + 2 = 21 or are you questioning if the UN has the last say on these things.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Persoanlly I'd like to see both sides slug it out in a good old fashioned warship to warship battle.

If I was the Iranian task force commander, I would wait until the other side fired a shot then return fire saying that it is an act of war

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join