It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist Caught On Camera - Real Deal Or CG?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
These videos are absolutely nuts. So crazy in fact, I think all of us are programmed to insist they MUST be fake in this day and age. But if they're fakes, they're very good fakes.

The guy has no problem showing himself in the videos. So either they're real, or he's absolutely confident that no one will be able to debunk them from the video. Because if they are ever proved hoax he is going to have LOTS of people very pissed off at him and never believe another word he says.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
In the bedroom...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

I think I caught the method by which this one is faked...

Check out the bottom of the mirror when it falls over. You can see what looks like a heavy string that gets kicked up from the floor, probably the means by which the mirror was yanked to make it fall over. It's possible it is just the power cord for that lamp which was tangled around the base of the mirror, but I suspect it is not.

I think most of this stuff is being done with mono-filaments tied to objects that are then yanked and pulled to make them fly or open or fall over and such. It's how these sorts of things are done in magic tricks all the time. Very, very thin cords - usually black thread or the thinnest gauge fishing line you can find. With the right lighting it can be impossible to see and on video even harder because the resolution isn't so good. Such line is likely too small to even register on the pixels in the camera.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

yup, I have used this string, it is very very difficult to see, even when you are holding it

have used it i standing 2 feet infront of people, to "levitate" objects. most people are like "wtf!"

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by muzzleflash
In the bedroom...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

I think I caught the method by which this one is faked...

Check out the bottom of the mirror when it falls over. You can see what looks like a heavy string that gets kicked up from the floor, probably the means by which the mirror was yanked to make it fall over. It's possible it is just the power cord for that lamp which was tangled around the base of the mirror, but I suspect it is not.

definitely the power cord of the lamp. when compared to the cord coming from the lamp that's visible, they look the same. but i think you're right. notice how the left side gets pulled toward the camera. then look how the cord (under the mirror) is raised in the same direction then falls to the floor as if someone pulled it an let go. that's obviously what pulled the mirror to make it fall. if you loop it over an over it's little more obvious. nice eye

[edit on 6/13/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Everything else is thrown or slammed around, yet the camera is just laid over. Like they don't want to break it. Staged and a hoax in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

*laughs* I wish we had the funniest post for the day award on ats.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not sure about the vid being real or not but it sure is cool! My daughter lived in a house that had a entity and the cupboards would open and things would fly around the room, she actually was hit with a loaf of bread that flew out of the cupboard. This vid shows some very intense activity, wow if its real - are these people going to move.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by LifeInDeath

yup, I have used this string, it is very very difficult to see, even when you are holding it

have used it i standing 2 feet infront of people, to "levitate" objects. most people are like "wtf!"

Yeah. One of the most amazing tricks I've ever seen was someone "levitating" a little paper doll on a street corner and making it dance and take bows. I grew up around magic tricks and professional magicians, my dad was into that stuff and showed me how it all works. I stood probably only a foot away from this little paper floating doll (which the guy was selling for $5 each) and I couldn't see how the trick was done. I was even looking specifically for the cord but couldn't see it, as I knew this was the likely answer. When I bought one of the dolls, the guy showed me how the trick works and sure enough, little black piece of thread.

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory
definitely the power cord of the lamp. when compared to the cord coming from the lamp that's visible, they look the same. but i think you're right. notice how the left side gets pulled toward the camera. then look how the cord (under the mirror) is raised in the same direction then falls to the floor as if someone pulled it an let go. that's obviously what pulled the mirror to make it fall. if you loop it over an over it's little more obvious. nice eye

Didn't even think that maybe he just used the power cord as the thing to pull the mirror over. Certainly possible. Either way, it would be the easiest thing in the world to hide a cord under the bed and yank it from off screen to pull the mirror.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
its a fake the fact that there is so much going on in such a short amount of time is proof of a carfully planed vid full of props

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

I agree with you there. Most phenomenon occur over days,weeks and years. Not a tantrum all at once.

Not to mention, would you really stick around a house with an entity that can throw knives?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
its a hoax.
around 5 years ago this same house same kitchen tried to do this same trick.
but last time a toaster was in one from next it wasn't..so it was stop film..go trow something..stop ect...

i am sure with some looking you will see the original video of it where he get's busted

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Grey Magic

*laughs* I wish we had the funniest post for the day award on ats.

To be not completely offtopic, this is not a poltergeist imho.

I've fished a lot in my youth and the thinnest nylon wires won't show up on camera's.

Invisible tape + nylon, if I had a video camera I would do my own video.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This guy is a faking fraudster, he's making ill informed & easliy led people afraid of their own kitchens.
People are believing his fake effects some of them are even offering him exorcisms he's loving misleading these poor people.

He is scum & not worth getting excited over, that's what he wants.

If he wants to do any good he should work with BBC on Doctor Who, their wires are always showing.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

I used to stage stuff like this in my younger days, along with taking my fair share of fake UFO photos. The glory days of hoaxing, you'd be amazed what people will believe.

Definitely fake.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry I am not buying it. Not even a little bit.

My question is why does someone go through the trouble to make all these different kinds of hoaxes unless it is a project for a film class.

My nephew is in his first year of computer arts. He has to make this little shorts using various CGI programs. Some of his work is very good and he is getting better. He can thank ATS for that.

He is amazed how I can pick out the tinest flaw in his work that often gets overlooked. I told him that I got my expertise from the debunkers on ATS and that the devil is in the details.

I told him that anyone can cook meat and potatoes, but it is the preparation, the spices and the presentation that makes it a palatable meal.

Just reading how the ATS debunkers were able to recognize the characteristics of a well done CGI has helped him. He is putting much more detail in his work.

Another point for ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Fake as hell with obvious looping. Even his comments imply its faked.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Fake!

My opinion is that the first video is obvious fake with more than one way. I downloaded the video from youtube and looked at it frame by frame. There was a knife that shoots to air but never falls down. I saw traces of masking. Stuff disappears in midair. Activity is not overlapping which makes it easier to edit. There is too much activity happening neatly infront of the camera.

Most conclusive evidence comes from the videos sound track. From the graph below I could see instantly that most of the sounds if not all in the first video were copy pasted to the sound track. I can see that the video is a work of art and poltergeist activity on this video is fake.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by sandwhale]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think the fact he has about 20 of these videos is proof it is faked. Come on, I mean ok, to catch this once or twice is lucky, but 20 times? And if this was happening, the first thing i would do is call a preist, not video it and put it on youtube

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sandwhale

I agree that this is most definately fake!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join