It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Believe Bob Lazar?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I am starting this thread because I don't know what to make of this guy.

Is this guy for real? Did he work in Nevada reverse engineering UFO's of extra terrestrial origin?

It seems fo all the evidence I can find there is info to the contrary.

He is an interesting guy and I can't help but be curious about his claims, ranging from UFO's to Hydrogen powered cars! is this guy the real deal or just a nutjob with an active imagination?

I must say his websites interesting!

Can someone please shed some light on this guy?

I know there are other posts on this site, I just wanted to open up a fresh thread.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by hornum]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by hornum]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Google Video Link

He says his history was wiped.

He has a history, and records, just not where he says.

See video.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Personally, I think there is some truth in his fiction and some fiction in his truth. Deliberately. There's enough to wet your whistle though.

If I understand correctly, 'element 115'/ununpentium can't be stored, it is 'created' and used on the spot. That's why when he was asked during an interview if he'd smuggled any out of A4 he replied 'no comment'. He didn't smuggle any off because it decays quicker than a fly farts. He smuggled the knowledge of how to make it and use it. Doesn't mean he could build a reactor in his garage though,
!

It's interesting that they (gov't/military) had a 'sports model' that used 115 as a power source, anyway. I would have thought we should have started on something more basic/non-interdimensional. But then again, maybe we were already up to speed with the basics since the late '40s. Either way it worked for them to have the research compartmentalised. Bob joined the project working on a small piece of the whole without understanding the basics of how these craft may operate.

So, if you were to build your own ship with 'exotic' power and propulsion systems, (compared with what we use today) using his diagrams you might not get very far. There's some basics before you get to that stuff. You'll have more luck making sense of this stuff looking at the Egyptian reliefs instead. I think Stan Deyo is far more on the money, personally,

(BTW, hydrogen powered cars are very real. It's just a particular kind of fuel that gives a big bang for your buck, but it's pretty dangerous to store/compress in your car! You can make just about anything into a fuel source though.)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I guess Lazar was proven to be a well known hoaxer several years ago.. have you seen his sketches of the so-called UFOs he helped to develop? Those things could never handle space travel.

So he's probably full of it, as are the most well known people on the field.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
Personally, I think there is some truth in his fiction and some fiction in his truth. Deliberately. There's enough to wet your whistle though.

If I understand correctly, 'element 115'/ununpentium can't be stored, it is 'created' and used on the spot. That's why when he was asked during an interview if he'd smuggled any out of A4 he replied 'no comment'. He didn't smuggle any off because it decays quicker than a fly farts. He smuggled the knowledge of how to make it and use it. Doesn't mean he could build a reactor in his garage though,
!

It's interesting that they (gov't/military) had a 'sports model' that used 115 as a power source, anyway. I would have thought we should have started on something more basic/non-interdimensional. But then again, maybe we were already up to speed with the basics since the late '40s. Either way it worked for them to have the research compartmentalised. Bob joined the project working on a small piece of the whole without understanding the basics of how these craft may operate.

So, if you were to build your own ship with 'exotic' power and propulsion systems, (compared with what we use today) using his diagrams you might not get very far. There's some basics before you get to that stuff. You'll have more luck making sense of this stuff looking at the Egyptian reliefs instead. I think Stan Deyo is far more on the money, personally,

(BTW, hydrogen powered cars are very real. It's just a particular kind of fuel that gives a big bang for your buck, but it's pretty dangerous to store/compress in your car! You can make just about anything into a fuel source though.)

Interesting. Bob Lazar claims that he uses 3 cylinders to store the Hydrogen and that it is perfectly safe, infact he states that you could shoot at the cylinders etc with no problems. Hers the Vid.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
so much threads about the guy, just used the friggin search.

And IMO the thread title is misleading.

-Edit, thanks OP for fixing that.

sorry, this is not the answer you're looking for.

Move along now...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have no doubt "the bob" is very clever. However, he never was a ufo mechanic.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Hornum.....

I think you will find material pertaining to Lazar more efficiently if you use the ATS search feature & avail yourself of the existing extensive information & discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

A lovely response there, how kind you are. Sometimes it's nice to refresh old stuff for new researchers?, i'm not a mod so i should keep my mouth shut.

I think Bob is the real deal, i watch his interviews over and over and can't seem to see him lying.

October

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This may help put things in perspective for you.

Google Video Link

Personally, I think this guy is a con artist.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman, the only man i can trust. He always puts it into perspective as you say. I saw this clip ages ago but still wanted to believe Lazar, looking at it again it's clear he is phoney.

October

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
have you seen his sketches of the so-called UFOs he helped to develop? Those things could never handle space travel.

So he's probably full of it, as are the most well known people on the field.

I for one personally do believe lazar is a phoney, however you could at least come up with somthing better than that.

Care to offer any proof or sources to coincide with your ramblings? I see astroids that are just an odd shaped hunk of junk that are capable of space travel as there is no atmosphere... hence why it is called SPACE (not named after whats between your ears)..!
Also who is to say they are not using alternative methods of travel than what we currently are capable of or currently understand.

A fish that is in the ocean does not know what land mammels are capable of because it has never left the ocean...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by byteshertz]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

"Should We Believe Bob Lazar?"

Well many people do not, but I believe him. Our secret government and intelligence agencies are capable of many things, and wiping away a person's school and work history is nothing for them. Bob talked too much, that's all, about what he saw at S-4, and what he did there. He was in charge of the power source and gravity accelerator that powered the craft. I am a little surprised they didn't just kill him, but I guess a lesson was learned when they killed off Phil Schnider and Bill Cooper. Now they are folk heroes.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting video...I have leaned toward believing Bob Lazar for a long time now. After watching Stanton Friedman's video I will admit that idea is in the midst of a change.

I don't know if Lazar "was" for real - I say "was" because my understanding is that he is no longer involved in UFO type stuff but sticks to the operation of his own company and whatever consulting he does outside of that. Of course I might be totally wrong on that one.

I guess if his story is a hoax than it is a very good one. There is a part of me that wants to believe him though...I will admit that.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by October

Agreed, Stanton Friedman is someone I trust in ufology.

The second I saw Bob Lazar I though he was lying.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have always respected Stanton but how do you explain Lazar taking Lear out to Area 51 to video tape those craft that they were able to capture on tape exactly when Lazar said they would be there?

Why is Lear so duped by him if he is a liar? Lear would testify to Lazars legitimacy so how does that impact Stantons investigations? Is Lear a wack job as well?

Great info thanks guys.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
After his disclosures, they had the choice to kill him, which would be too obvious , or to completely destroy any shed of credibility he might have.

They chose the latter.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just looked at the wikipedia on this guy. I would say no...but then again the government may have eliminated his history.

Lazar says he has degrees from the California Institute of Technology and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1993, the Los Angeles Times looked into his background and found there was no evidence to support his claims.[1] Stanton Friedman was only able to verify that Lazar took electronics courses in the late 1970s at Pierce Junior College. The Times did discover that in 1990 Lazar had pled guilty to felony pandering, declared bankruptcy and listed his occupation as self-employed photo processor on documents. A 1991 Times article reported, Lazar was "on probation in Clark County, Nevada on a pandering charge. His educational and professional background cannot be verified -- a fact he attributes to government deletion of records."

I found that on wikipedia. I am not sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BLuDKLoT

Which videos are you referring to? And yes I think Lear is a liar also.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Bob Lazar's son is a member of ATS.
Can't give his username because that would violate T&C.
I U2U'd him to ask some questions, but got no response.
So that's the end of that.

This was just a friendly FYI, no biggie.

Resume.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join