It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you right or left brained? Take the simple test and find out for sure...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Is there a way to put the white girl on one side and the black girl on the other side?

PS...I don't want anyone to create a brain lock video if they decide to do that for us.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I took this test on my daughters IPod and I was a Golden brain. Which meant to utilize both sides of the brain equally.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
"I never let schooling interfere with my education."

"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."

Both of these are the quotes of Mark Twain. I have always been a believer in these two especially. I find that he and I have alot in common though in our views and perceptions.

Skellon.

Nice quotes from Twain, man.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nice, I've just learned a lot thanks to your OP.

Very interesting

This reminded me of a theory I had a while back regarding the left/right brain issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
At first glance it spun counter clockwise "creative" then I couldn't get it to change back when I looked away. It spun clockwise for the rest of the time.

I always heard that you can by the way you cross you arms. If your right arm is on the outside, you're "creative". If the left is outside, then you're not.

So this video and the arm crossing trick are conflicting for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
can see both depending which eye I use.

both eyes I see her spin clockwise.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Man, I thought the question was a trick, like when we stand facing each other, and your right is my left type of deal,

well they were spinning to the right the first time I watched it, then I watched the solution, and then went back to re-watch the video and then they were spinning towards the left and I tried for about 6-10 seconds to get them to spin right again, and freaked out a little bit, and stopped the video.

Well I watched the video again, and they spin right to me, then I could not get them to spin left at all, only if I watch the solution video and then back to the video then the spin left BUT THEN I cant get them to spin right !!!!!!!

Its freaking me out and making me mad! Good fun here thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The strangest thing happened to me while viewing this youtube video. I first saw the dancer spinning to the left, counter-clockwise and looked at it for awhile trying to perceive how she could be spinning clockwise. I looked at the linked article and then I looked at a few forum posts in this thread and then I looked at the youtube video again. She was spinning to the right this time and I kept looking at her expecting her to change direction but this did not happen! Very weird experience for me. It seems I can operate from both hemispheres but can not yet change it at will.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't even need to take the test. I know I'm right brained. Obviously no one is one hundred percent one side or the other. It is more of a spectrum thing. There are a few left brain traits that I have, but many more are on the right side. One of my biggest right brain characteristics is being able to see the big picture. I've never been really good with detail, but seeing the big picture makes up for that, I think. I'm always telling people, especially my gf, "just see the big picture."

There is no doubt our educational system, including many private schools, are sabotaging the development of ALL kids in school. Not just the right brained, but the left brained too. The goal should be to balance the two sides. If you are heavily right brained, then try working to develop the left and visa versa. In my opinion, this is how you grow as an individual.

The school system is so heavily left brained based it is almost a joke! It's not about having more music or creative writing classes. It's about incorporating the right brain into EVERY CLASS! The current system is all about memorization and studying for the test. It's like overloading your hard drive with no operating system to run it. It's completely pointless and worthless. This is why our kids are so freaking bored. The brain only works when both sides are working together. The students have no idea why they are even studying a particular subject. Everything seems to be pointless because THEY CAN'T SEE THE BIG PICTURE. They aren't trained to see the big picture because the teachers aren't trained to see it.

We are getting to the point where if we don't start to innovate and figure out new ways to create clean energy and propulsion systems, we are in big trouble. Innovation will only come from education. It is critical that we begin to balance both sides of the brain as a society, as well as individuals.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The dancer started spinning clockwise...but half way through the video, for some reason (maybe I blinked?) on the next revolution, the spinner was going counter-clockwise. Was my brain trying to balance out what eyes were seeing?

Saxony

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ambidextrous-Right Brain-Right Eye

I cannot get it to move counter-clockwise no matter what I do. Earlier psych profiles I took indicated a tendency to be more right-brained and analytical. It makes sense. Thanks for the fascinating topic.

Peace and Love

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ok while looking at the video I seem to be predominately right-side brain oriented (clockwise spin), but I also found it easy to get the girl to spin counter clockwise. I'm also ambidextrous but I prefer my right hand. Go figure maybe when I'm finished college it will be reverse. Also thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

The colors and words test only confirmed the "right brain" conclusion that the spinning dancer gave. I didnt find it very hard at all to say the colors, not the words.

Good find.
Im very glad you posted that one.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

She doesnt do that for everyone though. You are one of the surprising many here that can change it at will.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've seen this exact same spinning lady test before. I can see it spinning either way and change it at will but it always starts off spinning clockwise for me.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
He! fort the first half it was counter clock wise and the second half was the other way around with out me wanting to switch. Then, after replaying it I discovered that I could switch back and forth if I blink hard enough or shake my head.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

That you are hitting the "pause" button? Honestly, I have no idea, the description said nothing at all about no spinning.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I will try ONCE again before leaving this thread.
The REASON for the confusion on which way she is spinning, is because SHE IS NOT SPINNING.
It is an optical ILLUSION.
If it were a REAL depiction of a human spinning, you would most likely be able to determine the direction because your brain picks up on even the most minute details.
Those MINUTE DETAILS have been removed from this optical illusion.
So your brain just "picks" a direction. You could come back later, it might pick a different direction. You could get drunk, it might pick a different direction.
Please, TRY to understand what you are looking at.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

For certain something is not accurate. Note the article on the observations of the Freakanomics author, when he evaluated it, it seemed that they got almost opposite results from what psychologist would predict.

Since a lot of psychology really took off in the last couple hundred years, and neuroscience is just now really hitting its stride with brain imaging and stuff, I have no doubt that this is far from the last word on the subject. Its supposed to be a way to tell, but with all the people who can easily switch back and forth, it sure seems a little odd.

Its one of the reasons I wanted to post it. Reading what OTHER people say to expect is often not quite as enlightening as running the experiment yourself, even if this is waaaay too informal to ever be taken seriously by anyone else. It still conflicts enough with the claims about the right brain left brain stuff to make you go "hmmm."

Edit to add;

UnityEmissions mentioned earlier in this thread that there was a good possibility that just have the test be so visual would skew the results. Here is a written "Right brain, Left brain" test. For me, I still tested the same as the spinning girl, but maybe not all of you will.

www.web-us.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It definitely spun clockwise for me. This means I am supposed to be right brained or creative. Sorry I ain't buying that. I have always been completely logical and I couldn't create anything (aside from a garden). I am right handed btw. It is interesting but as stated, I refuse to believe that I can create. I have always loved to write but never could finish what I started because of the lack of creativity.

Side note.

Think we could get this video with Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join