It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA declares no fly zone over large swath of the gulf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

FAA declares no fly zone over large swath of the gulf

beforeitsnews.com] Flights_Over_Large_Swath_of_Gulf_of_Mexico

In an attempt to hide the true size of the oil volcano in the Gulf Of Mexico the FAA has banned all flights over a large swath of the ocean. This doesn't look good we have a right to know! Here is the map.

tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/sect_print_0_5100.html
(visit the link for the full news article)

Attempted link fix

[edit on 11/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the plot thickens... literally. what is going on?

6.With the exception of aircraft conducting aerial chemical dispersing operations;no fixed wing aircraft are authorized below 1000 feet above the surface unless for landing and takeoff

sounds to me like theyre hiding something...

Flights_Over_L arge_Swath_of_Gulf_of_Mexico

[edit on 11-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

Link fix - stretching page

[edit on 11/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They could very well be hiding something.

Or they could have a good reason for the no fly zone, is there any idea as to why they've made the declaration. In their words I mean, not conspiracy related assumptions?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
6.With the exception of aircraft conducting aerial chemical dispersing operations;no fixed wing aircraft are authorized below 1000 feet above the surface unless for landing and takeoff

Theres your reason.

They can fly over to take off or land, but they dont want to have any unnecccesary traffic over it. If they wanted to hide something they wouldn't allow any take off or landings. Those would be when the air craft are at their lowest altitudes and wouldn't help at all at hiding anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
They could very well be hiding something.

Yeah, they could be.

But what would be the use of hiding what is happening now when eventually practically the whole US east coast is going to see this oil slick off their shores, on their beaches, and seeing it kill marine life?

Sooner or later EVERYBODY is going to know how bad this is, whether it's killing fish and birds to laying at the bottom and killing reefs, there is NO way they will be able to hide the damage this will cause.

It sounds like they just don't want planes flying low over the oil slick though to prevent "aircraft conducting aerial chemical dispersing operations" from having mid air collisions with other aircraft.

Very Ominous Map: FAA Bans Flights Over Large Swath of Gulf of Mexico and Hides Map

There's no way they are going to be able to hide this problem or all the damage and loss of life it is causing and will cause in the future.

[edit on 6/11/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't personally believe it was to hide anything.

I think #6 explains it quite well.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I agree. But they are also buying time.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

The FAA ruling does only mention 'fixed wing' aircraft, nothing about helicopters being banned from flying 1000ft or below, so if they were hiding something, anyone with a 'copter can go and take a gander.

[edit on 11/6/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
HI long time reader, first time posting.
For one here is something I know a little about.
Although they my well be hiding something, I think the main reasons is for safety. As the gases bubble up form the water in to the air, it can get into aircraft engines and cause problems. I'm sure the FAA wants only aircraft that needs to be in the area there. BP and the FAA could get slapped with a law suit if some Joe Blow in a Cessna 172 takes his plane out to see the view and gets blow out of the air buy methane gas being ingested into the engine.
I know that the Civil Air Patrol is flying missions off the coast and word is they have to stay with in one mile of the coast line for safety reasons .
That is my 2 cents worth take it or leave it

[edit on 11-6-2010 by modelerX]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
not hiding anything..

they are trying to keep the looky-loos with the cash to charter planes from cloggin up the works and possibly crashing into a plane that is there trying to help..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
At 1000ft your only going to get Light Aircraft doing VFR/IFR Manouvers. Your average passenger flight going over the Gulf would be going around 30,000ft under IFR.

The only time a passenger aircraft would even be below 1000ft in the Gulf would be a converted tanker spraying chemicals over the Oil slick, or a ditching.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Earler today I witnessed 4 F-15's with 3 fuel tanks each and they looked armed. This was in south MS and they were heading out over the Gulf. Could be that they are trying to hide somthing.

I dunno like the huge crack in the earths crust spewing out oil? Talk about panic.

Looks like the bilble may be right the oil has a reddish appearance And has the potental with dispersants to kill 1/3 of the sea.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

You forgot Media and Sight seeing.

Damn those journalist they are going to see just how bad the leak is!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Pursuant to 14 CFR section 91.137(a)(1) temporary flight restrictions are in effect for deepwater horizon/mississippi canyon (mc252) incident cleanup and reconstitution operations an area bounded by: 290500n/0904000w or the leeville /lev/ vortac 258 degree radial at 30.1 NM to 300000n/0890000w or the gulfport /gpt/ vortac 169 degree radial at 24.7 NM to 300000n/0870000w or the crestview /cew/ vortac 196 degree radial at 52.2 NM to 280000n/0870000w or the panama city /pfn/ vortac 208 degree radial at 149.6 NM to 280000n/0904000w or the leeville /lev/ vortac 201 degree radial at 76.3 NM to the point of beginning at and below 3000 feet AGL excluding the airspace outside of 12 nautical miles from the us coastline. This area is also depicted on U.S. Gulf coast VFR aeronautical chart id helgc as an area bounded from south pelto 2/sp02 then to south pass 6/sp06 then to chandler 39/ch39 then to pensacola 984/pe984 then to desoto canyon 635/dc635 to south timbalair 242/st242 and then back to original point. All aircraft operations are prohibited except those flights authorized by ATC, routine flights supporting offshore oil operations; federal, state, local and military flight operations supporting oil spill recovery and reconstitution efforts; and air medical and law enforcement operations.

All pilots operating within and near this area including the shoreline should exercise extreme caution due to the numerous low level operations associated with the deepwater horizon/mc-252 incident 3000 feet and below.

Aircraft involved in these operations may make sudden changes in direction, speed, and altitude. For additional information, participating aircraft altitude assignments and awareness, all pilots are recommended to review the following web site dedicated to the aviation cleanup efforts at: 1afnorth.Region1.Ang.Af.Mil...

The incident commander has directed that aircraft participating in the deepwater horizon/mc252 incident, operate at the altitudes assigned by mission type unless otherwise directed.

Oil industry aircraft on routine support missions within the TFR area should not operate below 1500 feet weather permitting until within 2 nautical miles of their landing platform/site and remain on. Their assigned mode 3a code at all times. Flights within the temporary flight restriction area should be conducted under visual meteorological conditions (vmc). In the event instrument meteorological conditions (imc) conditions are encountered, pilot's should attempt to maintain VFR to the maximum extent possible or contact ATC for further instructions or exit the TFR via the safest route.

Participating aircraft in the recovery efforts are required to contact houma air operations at 985-493-7607 for assigned work area and mode 3a beacon code assignments. Aircraft shall squawk the assigned mode 3a beacon code at all times while inside the TFR.

th the exception of aircraft conducting aerial chemical dispersing operations;no fixed wing aircraft are authorized below 1000 feet above the surface unless for landing and takeoff

For additional information on air operations within the deepwater horizon TFR see website: 1afnorth.Region1.Ang.Af.Mil...

Pilots are advised to check notams frequently for possible changes prior to operating in this area.

Exceptions: operations not covered by the above authorizations may be permitted on a case-by-case basis dependent upon safety issues, operational requirements, weather conditions, and traffic volume. Flights authorized under this exception must be conducted under visual flight rules. Pilots requesting flights under this exception must contact the houma deepwater horizon incident air operations center at 985-493-7804 between the hours of 0600-1800 cst, a minimum of 24 hours prior to desired flight time. Operators should be prepared to provide precise details of their requested flight including: pilots name and contact information, company/organization, purpose of flight, type aircraft, callsign, ingress/egress points and times, requested altitude and route of flight. Pilots will then be provided with additional instructions for obtaining final approval and beacon code assignment.

Any aircraft observing oil while operating in the gulf of mexico should report the location to the oil reporting hotline at 866-557-1401 upon landing. Report should include lat/longs of the oil and time observed.

Pilots should be aware that flights approved under this exception are subject to last minute change or cancellation due to the dynamic nature of this event. Houma air operations center at 985-493-7607 is the coordination facility. For information about this NOTAM contact the system operations support center (SOSC) at 202-267-8276

tfr.faa.gov...

After reading this several times I had to post it an bold the parts that are importiant. I posted the whole thing so it would be in contex.

So this is proof that the Federal Government and of BP does not want media flying over the spill.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I agree with modelerX on this. The methane is the elephant in the room here. Alot of it has stayed frozen in the deep waters and may now just be starting to reach warmer shallower waters, which will allow it to expand exponentially and rise into the air above the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
Theres your reason.

They can fly over to take off or land, but they dont want to have any unnecccesary traffic over it. If they wanted to hide something they wouldn't allow any take off or landings. Those would be when the air craft are at their lowest altitudes and wouldn't help at all at hiding anything.

With all due respect I disagree they are hiding plenty:

1. D9 notice on all media
2. Employees and contractors have been gagged with loss of jobs
3. D9 notice on all aquatic photography
4. WWF can only operate under BP's supervision
5. Several oil leaks emerging
6. Oil samples suggest the ocean floor is opening in different places.

Selective analysing only leads to confusion.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

With all due respect.

What does this have to do with the no fly zone?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

If they won't let the press in to photograph the spill what makes you think they arent shutting the no fly zone for the same reason.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I saw something this last week about thousands of tonnes of Methane being released as well as all the oil.

Methane is a Gas and will rise to the surface and go into the air.

It is also VERY explosive so there could be a HUGE bang very shortly, one that will create shock waves big enough to be heard thousands of miles away!

Glad I am in the UK, away from all this mess!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I saw something this last week about thousands of tonnes of Methane being released as well as all the oil.

Methane is a Gas and will rise to the surface and go into the air.

It is also VERY explosive so there could be a HUGE bang very shortly, one that will create shock waves big enough to be heard thousands of miles away!

Glad I am in the UK, away from all this mess!

And as they know when you try to fly a aircraft through methane it will crash down like a brick.

Possible Bermuda Triangle issue:
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join