It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Shooting Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Why was he getting close to the border patrol agent before he got shot?

At what point in the video do you see him getting close to the agent? I know there is one portion where you see somebody in the left corner of the screen, but I can't make out if it is the same kid.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Americans are very condescending with Mexico, and you can clearly see that on this and other threads that talk about this incident. What if Mexico sided with Venezuela, Russia, Iran or North Korea?

How would you feel about Mexico then?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The statement made was that the agent was being "surrounded" and "deadly force" was being used against him. Again, I do not see this in the video.

You ask many questions that bring to mind the phrase, "shoot first, ask questions later". I guess I'm just tired of the excuses that any kind of threat against an officer, no matter how BENIGN, justifies the death of another.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by 3vilscript

Disproportion use of force? Ever heard of stoning? One hit in the head is enough to cause trauma and bleeding, I don't care if it looks ridiculous since the intro of guns, rocks can just be as dangerous. David v. Goliath.

Yes it is. Yes I have, apparently everyone went and read the Bible after this story surfaced and they keep reminding me of how they used to stone people. First off watch the video again. Is the agent wearing his helmet? Yes you can see something white on his head and all cops I've ever seen on bikes wear them. Granted that a well thrown rock is still dangerous to the face. I'd say the kid was a good 20 to 30 feet away when he was throwing the rocks. Judging from the vid of course. I don't think he would have done much damage to him. But I'll give you even that.

Why didn't the agents try to help after the shooting? He shot into Mexico just fine but he couldn't send a medic? That's what angers me the most. I don't know what I would do in that situation, and maybe the agent panicked, but to not render assistance is inhumane.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Go to 1.20 sec in the video ,you can see a rock skipping on the water toward to border agent .......

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

Yes it is. Yes I have, apparently everyone went and read the Bible after this story surfaced and they keep reminding me of how they used to stone people. First off watch the video again. Is the agent wearing his helmet? Yes you can see something white on his head and all cops I've ever seen on bikes wear them. Granted that a well thrown rock is still dangerous to the face. I'd say the kid was a good 20 to 30 feet away when he was throwing the rocks. Judging from the vid of course. I don't think he would have done much damage to him. But I'll give you even that.

Holy cow hes wearing a helmet??? Does that mean it can protect his eyes and face like you said??? Let me throw a rock at you at 30 feet and lets see how confident your face is from withstanding such impact. You are a freaking genius!

Why didn't the agents try to help after the shooting? He shot into Mexico just fine but he couldn't send a medic? That's what angers me the most. I don't know what I would do in that situation, and maybe the agent panicked, but to not render assistance is inhumane.

The boy is on the Mexican side. Had he not run back to Mexico just like he did in the beginning of the video, yeah we will help him.
What pisses me off more is throwing rocks on the American side.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

The statement made was that the agent was being "surrounded" and "deadly force" was being used against him. Again, I do not see this in the video.

You ask many questions that bring to mind the phrase, "shoot first, ask questions later". I guess I'm just tired of the excuses that any kind of threat against an officer, no matter how BENIGN, justifies the death of another.

You don't see it doesnt mean it didn't happen because the person with the camera show most of it in water under the bridge.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The boy is on the Mexican side. Had he not run back to Mexico just like he did in the beginning of the video, yeah we will help him. What pisses me off more is throwing rocks on the American side.

Oh the kid ran back to Mexico with 2 bullets in his head did he? I find it funny how it's ok to shoot into Mexico but not send a medic to assist.

Your the genius,,, my apologies.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From a source, I got the following info.

The kid does have a record as a smuggler. This was said to be a growing trend using kids as smugglers.

BP agents are told to retreat during rock throwing incidents if possible. In this incident, holding one person and in an open area it would be difficult for the BP agent to retreat.

Mention them using paintballs to go against rock throwers. Said they seem to be pretty effective.

Found this from 2008 about them using paintballs. Maybe someone can find something more recent.

Agents in the patrol's Tucson, San Diego and Yuma, Ariz., sectors have been armed with guns that launch pepper spray and paintballs and are trained to use them when they come under attack along border fences.

Splattering paint on rock throwers is intended to combat what has become a sharp increase in the number of assaults on agents along the Mexican border.

"It has become a very effective tool," Border Patrol spokesman Ramon Rivera said. "It has helped agents dramatically."

www.dallasnews.com...

My source said not sure what is the dividing line on that part of the border. Thinks that will be the deciding factor as to what happens in this case.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam321,

Nothing can be shot into Mexican territory, by a US Fed...nothing. No paint balls not even fluffy cushions.

The guy apprehended my have had a smuggling rap but not that kid that was shot dead.

The reason why US Feds are spoon fed mandatory common sense from their supervisors and told to retreat when rocks are tosses at them from Mexico is precisely because according to international law the US Feds can't do crap about it.

That US Fed decided to keep his collar and shoot into Mexico and kill a kid in Mexico rather than to do what he supervisors told him to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Nothing can be shot into Mexican territory, by a US Fed...nothing. No paint balls not even fluffy cushions.

yes, I understand that and I understand where you are coming from. I just think it is fair to have a level head and wait to see what the US says about this once the investigation is complete.

All this harsh talk about Mexicans and Americans isn't helping anybody. We know both governments have failed us and put us in this us vs them mode.

That US Fed decided to keep his collar and shoot into Mexico and kill a kid in Mexico rather than to do what he supervisors told him to do.

I can't speak for the agent. One really doesn't know how they will react when placed in such a situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So the issue of "Illegals" comes up. The idea of greater border patrol activity and then magically there is a shooting that is supposed to revolt us on the idea of greater border protection? I would suggest a little tiny false flag may be exist here?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Logarock

With all the cameras we have nowadays, I am surprised more videos haven't surfaced.

I'm willing to bet US has cameras in the area as well.

Care to give opinion of what you saw on the video?

Yes, my first impression of what I saw on this film was that deadly force was not justified. I say that without emotion on the issue one way or another.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

My first impression is that he wasn't surrounded. However, upon playing the video over and over, I could see where the agent would fear being injured and possibly losing his weapon to guy he was detaining.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

Its okay to throw rocks on the American side so expect a couple of bullets in return. But firing bullets is not the same as being there personally. You know it. Be creative buddy.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh I see the extract was talking about the use of nonlethal weapons on the US border wall.

Sorry got ahead of myself...

You know it's funny...

I have watched many videos on this incident and in every single one there is a complete cut from where the Mexican Fed arrive till after the US Feds have retreated....

It's from the same phone video too.

they are not showing the whole video, because my guess is the person did not stop the video than restart later. I think it was a full length video of a guns drawn stand off by the US and Mexico.

then you have the anonymous person in the article saying that the Mexican fed had a stand off with the US Feds, at gun point.

Man i so wish they would show that part.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

My first impression is that he wasn't surrounded. However, upon playing the video over and over, I could see where the agent would fear being injured and possibly losing his weapon to guy he was detaining.

Someone maybe on another thread pointed out something about him wanting to keep his colar. Its his call??? All considered I would have just let him up and moved back rather than cap some kid at that point. Thats is if I really felt like the rocks were going to be a problem. Some would argue that this would set a bad example and maybe encourage rock tossing in the future and maybe they are correct. However this kiling may result in retaliatory ambush and the like.

By the way I have had rocks tossed at me...large limestone by about 15 persons and they were coming hot and heavy. Rocks that size could kill and most were coming in about 50mph+ I was in a vehical so just drove out of it...had I been on foot with a gun would still have had to post up in a defensive position with cover and wait for exposed targets. Anyway, it is a bad feeling beeing under rock fire! This doesnt look like a whole lot of action however.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by jam321

then you have the anonymous person in the article saying that the Mexican fed had a stand off with the US Feds, at gun point.

Man i so wish they would show that part.

Well you can see the one Mexican with with auto weapon his finger on or near the triger in a semi defensive....ready to bring it up...posture.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I wonder how ATS members would be responding if this incident had been the other way around.

What if a Mexican border agent had shot across the border into the US and killed a 14 year old American teenager for throwing rocks at him?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This video has not played in the US. The video of the boy's mother has also be removed from US view. Do any of you think we live in a free country? Russia is more open and truthful than the US now. I never thought I would see the day. Do we have a department of propaganda now? Crazy how they want to lie to us and keep us in the dark. Who are these cover-upers?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join