It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesoro Refinery with recent explosion has BP connection!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I will try to keep this as short as possible and to the point.

As I was sitting here today reading about yet ANOTHER explosion involving a natural gas line, I thought back to all the recent events that involve either natural gas or oil.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and for those of us here, a recent explosion at the Tesoro Refinery is still fresh in our minds. The Anacortes Tesoro Oil Refinery (Tesoro Home Page with refinery info ) is less than 30 miles from my home and this impacted a lot of local people. Seven people were killed that day, April 2nd, 2010. Or I should say some were killed that day instantly, the others suffered for days from horrible burns before finally passing on. Tesoro took out a full page add in our local papers wishing it's condolences, but I swear it seemed to disappear once they were all buried.

article on explosion

another article about closure

Thinking back to this explosion, I had to wonder if there was any connection between Tesoro and BP. Sure, there had been accidents at the refinery before and people have died in the past, but this was by far the worst and I was suprised to find out after a simple search that the plant is STILL closed and not expected to open until after June. The refinery produces about 120,000 barrels a day. Multiply that by about three months and you can see how big this is. Okay, to the point. I DID uncover a BP connection. Here is an excerpt from an article:

In September 2001 Tesoro further expanded both its refining and retailing operations through a $677 million deal with BP p.l.c. Acquired thereby were a refinery in Salt Lake City with a capacity of 55,000 barrels a day and a 60,000-barrel-per-day refinery in Mandan, North Dakota. This brought Tesoro's total refinery capacity to 390,000 barrels per day. Also included in the deal were 45 retail gasoline stations, contracts to supply 300 Amoco-branded stations, as well as associated pipelines, bulk storage facilities, and product distribution terminals. Around this same time, Tesoro announced that it would spend more than $85 million on a major upgrade of its refinery in Washington. The company also said that it was exploring its options regarding its marine services unit. A divestment of the unit would enable Tesoro to be fully focused on refining and retailing and perhaps to pay down some of its debt, which had increased to more than $1 billion following the BP deal. In November 2001 Tesoro acquired 37 retail gas stations with convenience stores from Gull Industries, Inc. The stations were located in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
Link to info

So we are talking about some big money. I wonder what that deal is worth now, nine years later?

The cause of the explosion has not been determined yet. It is a privately owned company, so I don't think disclosure is at the top of their priority list. They are very guarded about who they even let in there during emergencies.

SO...to the point:

I don't believe that 'media awareness' is what's causing all these explosions to be at the front of the news. I think that there is something going on, I'm just not sure what. That is where ATS comes in.....

Here is a list that I came up with off the top of my head. This is just too much for me to write it all off to coincidence. Help me out here ATS'rs. Add to this list and let's see if we can connect those dots. They are screaming out to us!!!

Natural Gas mine explosion in W Virginia link to article

Natural gas line or well explodes in Texas ( current thread)

Alaska pipeline spill - at least 100,000 gallons link

Gulf oil leak (duh) - millions of gallons, yet to be determined

April 5th W Virgina mine explosion (due to methane build-up). Worst in history. article link

Anacortes Tesoro Oil Refinery explosion. 7 dead. cause undetermined.

Texas oil refinery explosion. 5 injured . Feb 18th article link

So that is what I have to start us off. I know there is more. I know that in many threads over the weeks that these individual stories have come up and speculation has run wild over the possible connections.

I wanted to put it all together in one thread and add to it the possible expanding BP link.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I changed the title due to it's length and to better reflect the nature of the thread.

I want to also point out that the first story on my 'list' is in fact another, new explosion in W. Virginia. That is the second one since April. (the one in april was the worst in their history with over 20 killed, and was also due to a methane explosion.)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I remember similar happening in China,sometime in May.
Sorry wasnt gas explosion.My bad.

Still seems odd the frequency of occurences over the last couple of months.

[edit on 7/6/10 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Its very obvious these are not normal occurances. And BP connected?

Ok, i would say they are attacking our country. Wouldnt you?????

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, I think there comes a point when something is so obvious you start to look stupid for denying it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ok, so how did I miss this one? A poster from another thread pointed this out to me. Perhaps it already has it's own thread, if it doesn't, it should.

In Pennsylvania there was a natural gas 'blow out'....looks like this is a HUGE operation that has now been shut down. Sound familiar? I have yet to find a solid connection to BP, perhaps someone else can?

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania regulators halted work Monday at dozens of unfinished natural gas wells being drilled by the company whose out-of-control well spewed out explosive gas and polluted water for 16 hours last week.

LINK

new topics

top topics

join