It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer shown the door at SE Portland cafe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

There is no such thing as "bad publicity", or haven't you heard?

That's the way the world works, don't shoot the messenger for letting you know.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Just say, for example, someone accuses you of being a pedophile. False accusation, you go to court and are acquitted.

Five years from now, when someone says "harrytuttle", what do you think they are going to remember? Your acquittal?

Nope. They are gonna whisper, "Wasn't he some kind of child molester?"

There's your "There is no such thing as "bad publicity", or haven't you heard?"

I'm not aiming at you in particular; just pointing out the error in your thinking.

And I once again point out Phelps Church as an example of publicity...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
allow me to crawl out from my corner and remove my tinfoil hat for a moment and remind everyone that the police to not send people to prison, they just take them to jail. Prosecutors and Juries send people to prison, and a lot of time for lesser crimes than were actually committed because of plea bargins.

Where is the justice in someone being allowed to continuously drive drunk because the prosecutor continues to drop the charges down to reckless driving. Or how about child molesters that get convicted of simple battery and spend a weekend in jail while the kids face years of nightmares and therapy. Yeah, that's just.

I'll not claim I've never done the wrong thing, lord knows I've bent the rules when the situation called for it, but I have NEVER perjured myself in open court or deposition. And for the record, a lot of that rule bending was beneficial to the suspect with no gain for me besides less paperwork at the end of an all ready long shift.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Because you do not approve of how he exercises his rights, you feel that it is appropriate to break the law and steal from him? What country are you from? In America, we do not break laws to show people that we do not like their opinions.

I'm from the country of Portland...lol How else would I be able to borrow a cup of coffee from them?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
This is what happens when the good ones protect the bad ones. The good ones get lumped in with the bad ones and get persecuted for the colors they wear rather than who they are.

Prejudice hurts doesn't it?

I bet the store owner would want a cop if his shop if he was getting robbed...it doesn't appear the cop did anything aside from...being a cop. I guess if he comes in off duty he's fine? So ridiculous. However, I do believe that shop owners have or should have the freedom to say who they serve in their shop. If they discriminate based on race they'll just lose 20-30% of their business (if not more) and be run out of business.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by mishigas

Exactly, as proven by Nazism's extermination camps and the BP oil spill, both are doing great now huh?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

HAHAHAHAHAHA More police bashing on ATS...

Usually the ones who talk the worst about cops in general and not because they have a bad encounter with Officer "Miller" are the ones who scream and yell the loudest when they need them. I guarantee the majority of the bashers on these kinds of topics have never taken the time to walk in their shows. I suggest you all participate in a ride along a couple of times and you may get a different perspective.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Because you do not approve of how he exercises his rights, you feel that it is appropriate to break the law and steal from him? What country are you from? In America, we do not break laws to show people that we do not like their opinions.

I'm from the country of Portland...lol How else would I be able to borrow a cup of coffee from them?

Last time I checked, Portland was not a country.

Anyway, way to go on that advocating crime against people that have different opinions than you. I truly hope you never find out what country Portland is in then.

Nice to know we have patriots like you that wish harm on people that do not like everything you like. Way to go!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Many people do not know what It's like to be a cop.

But oddly enough what they hate even more is to have discussion about Dragons.

What's up with that?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Last time I checked, Portland was not a country.

Have you been to Portland? it might as well be another country....

Anyway, way to go on that advocating crime against people that have different opinions than you. I truly hope you never find out what country Portland is in then.

I never said I saw a nice guy...

Nice to know we have patriots like you that wish harm on people that do not like everything you like. Way to go!

Taking a cup of coffee is to wish harm on someone? lol

BTW what do you know about what a patriots is anyways? Do you walk the walk my friend? I think I have....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'd personally rather hang around cops than a bunch of thugs and criminals.

Thugs can never be trusted. But of course I would rather hang around Marines than Cops.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Have you been to Portland? it might as well be another country....

Oh, well why did you not say so. I have Rand McNally on the phone right now and they were not going to change it to a thick border and font until I told them what you just said. Obama is drawing up the papers now. You will be correct in 6 - 12 business days. My bad.

Portland, no. Oregon, yes. I have to agree with you. The whole time I was there, all I could think about was how homogeneous and bland it is here in NY.

You don't say this stuff with a straight face, do you?

I never said I saw a nice guy...

You did say you were (or erew for you) an American though, did you not?

Taking a cup of coffee is to wish harm on someone? lol

Stealing does not harm you? Cool, may I have you address then? I will be in Beaverton soon so maybe I can swing by and not harm you?

BTW what do you know about what a patriots is anyways? Do you walk the walk my friend? I think I have....

Well, the only walking I have seen you do so far is all over someone else's right to have a private business and an opinion. Not looking to follow you anywhere and do not dare question my patriotism.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

I'd personally rather hang around cops than a bunch of thugs and criminals.

Then do that. Is anyone telling you that you do not have a choice in the matter?

Thugs can never be trusted. But of course I would rather hang around Marines than Cops.

Who are the thugs in this thread?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You seem to really be strung tight...maybe you need to come to Portland for awhile...you just do not see tongue and cheek when you read it do you?... are you sure you are an American, you act British... BTW I live in Vancouver WA, just couldn't take Oregon anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
A police person when i was growing up was a PEACE officer, usually a local guy everyone know and liked. If a kid got in trouble the kid was drove home to mom and dad to beat the hell out of ya.... not go to jail. The law in forcement people are no longer PEACE officers but thugs in uniforms.. They hall you off to jail for drinking a beer in your own yard for christ sake. These laws are generated to make MONEY. Not to keep us safe.. Greed and money,,,,, Cops are nothing but enforcers of the corporation, thugs ...... To serve and protect no longer applies.... To Serve and arrest everyone for anything to make the county money to line our pockets with..... where do these stupid laws come from they are enforcing,,, I never got to vote for any of them but I have to lose my civil liberties cause countys make stupid laws....... I remember a time when kids on the block used to play outside, and people Bar B qued ... Now every one stays ( hides) in there house...Children playing are no where to be seen.. If you need help the last people u call are the cops... Respect... I have none for them,,,,,,, Crooks worse than the people they put in prison......Judges included..........I see a cop and I run, walk the other way... I am old woman, not involved with anything illegal, Mind my own business.....Work hard all my life....... cops are evil.... so good for the coffee shop owner.....More people should do the same.....
just my opinion
Just sayin

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

You seem to really be strung tight...

ATS T & C prevent me from explaining why that could not be further from the truth but I certainly can not blame you for having that impression. Typing does not translate well for me but then again, the idea of stealing from someone because they have an opinion you do not like kind of rubs me the wrong way.

He has a right to his opinion just as everyone on this board bashing him for it does. Stealing from him over it is advocating violating another American's rights because you do not like how he exercises his rights. That really seems ok to you?

maybe you need to come to Portland for awhile...you just do not see tongue and cheek when you read it do you?

I guess not. So you wasted a whole post arguing with me about it just to make another post calling it tongue in cheek?

... are you sure you are an American, you act British... BTW I live in Vancouver WA, just couldn't take Oregon anymore.

Is it my accent? I have to admit that is the oddest "insult?" that anyone has tossed my way on ATS so far. I am not sure if I even know what it means but I can assure you I was born and raised in New York, USA!

Sorry but I do not agree with all kinds of people and what they say or how they conduct business within the law. I refused to decide that their opinion makes them a viable target for rights violations because of it. Call me silly.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by eNumbra
This is what happens when the good ones protect the bad ones. The good ones get lumped in with the bad ones and get persecuted for the colors they wear rather than who they are.

Prejudice hurts doesn't it?

. However, I do believe that shop owners have or should have the freedom to say who they serve in their shop. If they discriminate based on race they'll just lose 20-30% of their business (if not more) and be run out of business.

But if we say every business owner can do business with whomever they want and not the rest think what it would be like in the USA! I am on vacation walk up to a cafe and go in and get kicked out because the owner doesn't like redheads. How horrible it would be to be worried at each stop, will they serve my kind here, and if we are talking restaurants, well the same would have to hold true for any business wouldn't it then? You would never know if the local grocery store or furniture store or insurance office servers "your kind" until you go find out! Sad! Disgusting to me that we would want a country like that...we own 2 restaurnants, i can't imagine not serving anyone unless they caused trouble or didn't pay or something big!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

What it it be like without police. If there were NONE!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by SyphonX

MAN, this crap gets me so angry.

He was refused a cup of coffee. The end of the world in this God forsaken police state, apparently.

Undercover cops drink coffee, too.

In what police state do you reside?

This incident happened in the US, which is not a police state, so if you are speaking of the US, I might ask you the same two questions you opened your last post with.

[edit on 2010/6/8 by GradyPhilpott]

you must not recognise what a police state is, portland and surrounding metro area is rapidly becomeing more police controled, serveing and protecting was never intended to mean controlling.

who are you serving or protecting when you start sticking your nose in anothers business when they are minding their own?

Wow i thought this was about a guy who went to a coffee shop to get some coffee...I didn't see the part about he was shaking down the customers, I must have missed that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

This is wrong, and i am sure it is true, i have seen and have been followed many times by highway patrol waiting to see if they can get you on something, maybe they need to meet their quota before they go home. there are so many things wrong, with police inforcement, with politics with welfare...you name it, but where does that come down to we rudely object to an individual who we don't know getting kicked out of a coffee shop. Weird to me! Does this make things better?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join