It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your prediction of this Headline: “BP Stops the Oil Leak, Massive Clean-up Begins”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
…or a similar headline…

There has been quite a lot of speculation of when this leak will actually be stopped. Some experts have said as late as August. As I sit and watch the live feeds from BP and CNN I become mesmerized by the amount of oil that continues to gush out. I wondered to myself "will this thing ever be stopped?" Well I know it eventually has to be one way or another.

So I am starting a prediction thread, to the winner goes the gratification of being the one that “got it right” and who knows, maybe an Applause or two from the Staff. So let us see who nails the date.

Rules

Please only one prediction per member, however additional comments are welcomed. Time of day isn’t a factor. All that is required is the day of the week and the date. The winner will be the one who gets the closest to the date without going over, like the Price is Right!

My Prediction

I am going to try and remain on the side of optimism; I am going to predict this headline or one similar to be on Saturday June 19th 2010.

Purpose of this Thread

Note: This is my attempt at trying to make light of a crappy situation or as SO (Bill) would say Steady. Steady, my friends., please keep flaming to a minimum.

Good Luck!

Thank you in advance,
UberL33t

[edit on 6/2/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Good one!
Let's go worst case scenario.
I'll go January 18th 2011.
Several failed attempts,
oil will make it into gulfstream and head north,
east coast will get coating,
hurricane will pick it up and drop it inland,
crops will get ruined, food prices will rise....again,
rotting carcasses will create green jobs under the new american plan,
cap and trade will be a big issue,
people will freak out more and more,
the middle east will slow oil production due to war.
gas, oil, heating oil prices will surge for winter time consumption,

I know it's not a welcome date, and I wont mind it being earlier.

so my under is June 9th, by BP using my argon pressurized bladder insert idea I submitted.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hearing the prediction that it will take a year or two to fully empty, I would like to predict that it will be fully emptied by July 21st 2011. I predict that the oil leak won't be stopped, and it will just empty its self.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I predict that the successful stop of the leak will not be a BP idea, but a citizen's. I will say...September 15th 2010.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
September 11, 2010...

After they nuke it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
August 22nd 2010 - BP fails in last ditch to stop oil spill

August 25rd 2010 - Obama agrees on nuclear blasting

August 26th 2010 - USA in chaos as its land mass is destroyed by sink holes.

August 27th 2010 - World in mourning as millions perish in pole shift

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to the prediction I am going to say that BP will say they have capped it around the 20th of august but we will see they are lying and then an all out disaster sweeps the US coastline over September.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I say it will be on the 29th of July. Just a feeling. Probably wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am going to say - October 15th. Much sooner I hope!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The twelth of never.

They haven't the tech to deal with it and the thing will leak til it is empty.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

September 2nd 2010

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Won't stop until relief wells are put in. If we get as strong a hurricane season as they predict, I doubt they will be on schedule for august; Nov or December sounds far more likely.

SO, pulling a random number out of the hat.... I will say ~November 28th 2010.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Hearing the prediction that it will take a year or two to fully empty, I would like to predict that it will be fully emptied by July 21st 2011. I predict that the oil leak won't be stopped, and it will just empty its self.

I am getting a strong impression that the relief wells are BP's last chance. If one of them doesn't hook up with with the main line then a nuke(s) will be used.

They should be drilling NOW a parallel line to the main line so a nuke could be inserted deep underground and very much control the release of radiation. They are not.

So if a nuke is used, the BOP will be removed and the nuke will be inserted into the main line as deep as possible at the end of some smaller diameter piping. Pull the pin and it's done.

Someone now is looking at small models of nukes like the "Davey Crockett" and measuring it up against the diameter pipe of the main line. Also someone now is thinking about a coupling attachment to a pipe to hold the nuke, how to detonate it, etc. I can "see" this in my mind's eye.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sometime around September 18th or 19th just before Mid Term Elections

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4

I am getting a strong impression that the relief wells are BP's last chance. If one of them doesn't hook up with with the main line then a nuke(s) will be used.

They should be drilling NOW a parallel line to the main line so a nuke could be inserted deep underground and very much control the release of radiation. They are not.

So if a nuke is used, the BOP will be removed and the nuke will be inserted into the main line as deep as possible at the end of some smaller diameter piping. Pull the pin and it's done.

Someone now is looking at small models of nukes like the "Davey Crockett" and measuring it up against the diameter pipe of the main line. Also someone now is thinking about a coupling attachment to a pipe to hold the nuke, how to detonate it, etc. I can "see" this in my mind's eye.

I think the nuke idea would be to drill parallel to the existing hole, insert the nuke, fill the hole with concrete, then detonate it....thus causing the sediment underground to shift and 'pinch' the existing well shut.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm going with mid-October, like October 18th, for political reasons. I'd say the 15th, but the administration would have more to gain by stopping the leak on a Monday morning rather than on Friday.

Additionally, the headline will read something like this....

"Democrats, led by Obama, drive BP to deal knock out punch to Gulf leak"

followed by a second sub-headline...

"Obama vows legislation ensuring no future tragedies"

[edit on 2-6-2010 by BuffaloJoe]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by BuffaloJoe]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9

Originally posted by chorizo4

I think the nuke idea would be to drill parallel to the existing hole, insert the nuke, fill the hole with concrete, then detonate it....thus causing the sediment underground to shift and 'pinch' the existing well shut.

Sounds like you got a good idea there. You can be in charge of overseeing the whole operation. Contact BP, your pay should be about 2,000,000 start to finish. Or about 150,000 for the idea alone. No I am not kidding.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
February 11th in 2011...
because the gusher will need to spew out 10X the toxic stuff it has in the last 44 days...

and i'm guessing 10X the impact of the here-&-now will be reached in the Feb 11, '11 window

now thats saying that the reported volume of pollution is the attested rate of oil gushing out of the almost inaccessable well-head ~+1 mile below the surface of the Gulf-of-Mexico

~~~ so the exact date is of little importance (as it is totally variable...the important factor is that the gusher contaminaztes the Gulf by a factor of 10X what we estimate/see occuring at the present ! (2 june 2010) =
another 262~ days of oil release 1

[edit on 2-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

what oil leak?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

The relief wells are "faux" relief wells. In two shots there is a poor likelyhood of intersecting the main line. But they can come close. A nuke in each, detonated at the same time will shut the leak. That will be how the nightmare will end.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, so far these predictions are all across the board. Everyone's input so far is much more than I expected. There are a lot of informative and plausible predictions. According to some of your predictions, this thread could be around a lot longer than what I had hoped

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join