It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake In Yellowstone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ok I hope this is in a good place Mods please move if needed.

I have a database setup that auto downloads the files from the USGS. In my data I show a 3.3 earthquake in Yellowstone and now it is not showing up on there main site. I am wondering if anyone else got an alert on this. The id for the quake was 00006514. Any ideas?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The guys over in the What's Going on at Yellowstone will be able to help you out. They probably are already chatting about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

This seems to be where all Yellowstone related material gets posted . It is also the most likely place to have your question answered .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Seriously? Sending someone to the beginning of the "What's going on at Yellowstone?" thread is akin to saying - "It's somewhere in China, you'll find it eventually...
"

When the big one happens at Yellowstone, we'll know, we'll know.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

might have found something
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yellow stone thread is too big

Someone needs to create a new thread summing up the old one.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Following earthquakes is a fun hobby, but honestly watching Yellowstone for small earthquakes because it's a super volcano isn't really gonna get you anywhere.

We will know when Yellowstone is going to blow because the ground over the whole area while begin to go up like a big bubble. It will be unmistakable hopefully it takes a while and we see it coming.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I haven't been able to confirm your OP.
Here is a link to the current Yellowstone Earthquake map.
www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think they took it off after they posted it. I wonder why.

I think we are pretty much fear-proof by now.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow

My apologies.
I took your quake number and typed it in.
Here is the link
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Following this USGS link, I find a Page Not Found 404
What The *snip* is going on?
Since this is a conspiracy forum, nice find.
S&F.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Magnitude 3.3 - YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING
Jun 1, 2010 ... Page URL: earthquake.usgs.gov... Page Contact Information: EHP Web Team ...
earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/.../Quakes/uu00006514.php - 5 hours ago

That's copied and pasted straight from their site. And the link does go to a not found page.
Really weird. Nice catch.
S&F

On another note...there is A LOT of activity in Southern Cali and Northern Baja Mexico over the last 24 hours and even within the last hour. Seems like a lot more than normal.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Anyone know what HAARP is doing? For some reason they have blocked me from looking here at work.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I can verify that I saw the quake, and then I went back a little later and it was gone.

3.3 is pretty big, when you are talking about Yellowstone, because if that puppy blows, it is game over.

I am pretty sure the usgs is editing the quake data. Why, I don't know, but it is probably because they don't want to panic people, and if they know it is going to blow, I can promise you they would not warn the public.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ok I also have been keeping an eye on the USGS and they are hiding quakes for sure. When we had a spike on every seismograph I emailed and asked what a specific event was and only after 6 hours did they put the event on their global map. How do i get real time data sent straight to me? I am using a mac?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

Here are the screen shots PROOF CLICK ME

[edit on 1-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I normally wouldn't think twice about this till it vanished from the website. That makes it a little curious.

Yes this region is full of activity and that is normal. But... I know that original quake and shakes are adjusted after further evaluation but deleted is a bit odd.

I'll keep an eye on this area because where there is one quake more are sure to follow regardless of size. I just hope they aren't deleted regularly.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ae3f6e54981.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by violet11]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by violet11]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
3.3 Mcd - YELLOWSTONE NAT. PARK, WYOMING
Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitud

* 1 Jun 2010 19:37:05 UTC
* 1 Jun 2010 13:37:05 near epicenter
* 1 Jun 2010 11:37:05 standard time in your timezone

Location 44.876N 110.489W

Depth 16 km

Distances

* 25 km (16 miles) SE (135 degrees) of Gardiner, MT
* 46 km (29 miles) WSW (250 degrees) of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT
* 54 km (34 miles) ENE (64 degrees) of West Yellowstone, MT
* 472 km (294 miles) NNE (14 degrees) of Salt Lake City, UT

Location Uncertainty
Horizontal: 6.2 km; Vertical 34.1 km
Parameters

Nph = 8; Dmin = 44.0 km; Rmss = 0.57 seconds; Gp = 208°
M-type = Mcd; Version = 0
Event ID

This is the one that came into my email as soon as it happened.
This happened (missing earthquakes from USGS) right before the big swarm last year. I posted about it as I found it strange and thought that maybe it was from drilling - natural gas - etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Other than the obvious reason...coverup, why would the USGS delete this info? They say there could be anything from a change in location to a change in data...but it doesn't say anything about anything being removed.

There wasn't even anything even close to there that is being reported within the last day to have gotten confused with preliminary data.

Like a previous poster said it is still being shown here: hisz.rsoe.hu...
But the USGS has nothing on it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply's. I have a script that goes out about every 10 mins and grabs the xml file and loads it into a database. And then alerts me if there is a 5.5 or greater. I just found it odd that that is the first Yellowstone one I had seen after I started gathering data. But when I went to the site it was gone. Thanks for the post to the hisz.rsoe.hu... it seems to still be listed there. I will update if I see anymore for that area.

Crash

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here is a link I just found with "updated" info on the quake.
It shows it at 13:37 local time. 19:37UTC

quake.utah.edu...

There is still nothing on the USGS site about it.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What an awesome catch OP and what awesome quick thinking on the screen shot by Violet11. Maybe it's a gotcha. If nothing else it may curtail the massive editing at USGS. I have found a number of out of country alternative sites to watch through the threads like these. Never dreamed others were having the same double takes I was.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join