It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation,How to heal any sickness without a doctor!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I'm not saying this is true, but I still found it interesting and if it is true this is awesome! Who needs Obama's new health care plan when you have this
. kidding of course but what do you guys think of this?

definition of meditation:"A self-directed practice for relaxing the body and calming the mind."
www.medterms.com...

Another definition:"Meditation is a holistic discipline by which the practitioner attempts to get beyond the reflexive, "thinking" mind into a deeper state of relaxation or awareness."
en.wikipedia.org...

source for cosmic energy:www.cosmic-energy-healing.com...

The benefits of mediation include:1- It lowers oxygen consumption.
2- It decreases respiratory rate.
3- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
4- Increases exercise tolerance.
5- Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
6- Good for people with high blood pressure.
7- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
8- Decreases muscle tension
9- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
10- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms.
11- Helps in post-operative healing.
12- Enhances the immune system.
13- Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress
14- Enhances energy, strength and vigour.
15- Helps with weight loss
16- Reduction of free radicals, less tissue damage
17- Higher skin resistance
18- Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
19- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.
20- Decreases the aging process.
21- Higher levels of DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
22- prevented, slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases
23- Makes you sweat less
24- Cure headaches & migraines
25- Greater Orderliness of Brain Functioning
26- Reduced Need for Medical Care
27- Less energy wasted
28- More inclined to sports, activities
29- Significant relief from asthma
30- improved performance in athletic events
31- Normalizes to your ideal weight
32- harmonizes our endocrine system
33- relaxes our nervous system
34- produce lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical activity

So what do you guys think? did you like the thread? If you did please leave a comment. If you didn't please leave a comment.

don't forget to S&F if you like.
I look forward to reading your comments,and replying to them!

peace,
XxRagingxPandaxX

If considering taking up meditation go here:www.how-to-meditate.org...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As a person who suffers seizures and migraines, I can say mediations does wonders to calm me down. It does have its benefits, relieves stress and allows you to separate yourself or emerse yourself into the world around you depending upon the kind of mediation you are doing. For myself it is essential to my well being, for others it might not work understandably so.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I'm glad it has helped you so much, I use it when i'm mad or deeply troubled about something, although I should do it all the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
-Sit on ground
-Close eyes
-Meditate; go into the realm of your mind
-find your soul/true nature

www.attan.com
Largest Buddhism site on the internet

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

remember to take the time and watch the two youtube videos I posted.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Man, I have absolutely nothing against you, but this is irresponsible. How is meditation gonna fix a burst appendix? How is meditation gonna heal blood pouring into your brain matter from a wet stroke? How is it gonna fix a bowel obstruction? How's it gonna cure pneumonia? I could go on and on and on...

Yes, meditation can bring your blood pressure down some, and is a great help with stress, but only if you already know how to meditate properly. Say you're a rank beginner right now? I meditate daily, and have done so for years, so you can't say that I'm against it, not in the least. I don't really mean this personally. Rick

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadred

I understand what you saying completely and I don't take it personally, and I stated in the thread that it wasn't my personal belief, but yes I agree it does have medical benefits, but I don't think it cures anything under the sun.
By the way thanks for posting.

Edit: how is it irresponsible? It's not my personal belief and it's not like you have to believe it yourself either.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have been trying to meditate for years, never pulled it off!

I'm probably not trying hard enough and should probably stick to a stricter regime!

I did manage to 'channel' once, which was an amazing experience...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would love to try to meditate, but I have the attention span of a puppy. Mildly ADD, and OCD. I didn't even thoroughly read your post
. I skimmed.

That said, I totally believe we have more power to stay healthy than doctors give us credit for. That is why the placebo effect works so well. If you think you are healthy, or healing fast, you will be. Our mind is so powerful, we can't even imagine. Prescription drugs are the worst things for our body, even when they are needed for a specific illness, they mess up your body somewhere else, like your liver, or blood.

Deepak Chopra always said our bodies are a complete pharmacy, everything we need is there. To make that pharmacy work through meditation has already been proven by anyone who meditates themselves healthy. If I ever get really sick from something, I will be doing my best to try to concentrate on meditation, as I don't trust doctors much.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vagabondrobb

what is channeling? I don't think i'v ever heard of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Nooooooooooooooooo! If your gonna skim watch the youtube videos I posted that explains most of this thread!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I would love to try to meditate, but I have the attention span of a puppy. Mildly ADD, and OCD. I didn't even thoroughly read your post
. I skimmed.

That said, I totally believe we have more power to stay healthy than doctors give us credit for. That is why the placebo effect works so well. If you think you are healthy, or healing fast, you will be. Our mind is so powerful, we can't even imagine. Prescription drugs are the worst things for our body, even when they are needed for a specific illness, they mess up your body somewhere else, like your liver, or blood.

Deepak Chopra always said our bodies are a complete pharmacy, everything we need is there. To make that pharmacy work through meditation has already been proven by anyone who meditates themselves healthy. If I ever get really sick from something, I will be doing my best to try to concentrate on meditation, as I don't trust doctors much.

To clarify above post, I do think you definately need to see a doctor if you are "broken" somewhere, or if something has burst, you know heart attack, stroke, etc.....
but for certain things, mostly preventative, meditation would be a good thing to try to make a habit

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Nooooooooooooooooo! If your gonna skim watch the youtube videos I posted that explains most of this thread!

OK, I will watch

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thank you,and tell me what you think of them!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have just recently started meditating, and i have found that it has helped me with the pain management of my chronic spinal issues.
I had tried meditation before through the years but never could get my mind to shut down the internal chatter before, probably had something to do with the ADHD thing i have.
I found out about Binaural beats and Isochronic tones tho; They seem to help give me the extra bit of focus, as well the whole sympathetic frequency thing makes it a bit easier to go into the zone. So to speak.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by And Why

Ya I used to listen to those myself but then I realized I wasn't sure if they'd have any negative effects on my body so I stopped.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I totally understand your concerns about the effects that the tones could have on ones body. I have done what i consider to be due diligence in regards to the amount of research that i have put into the topic before i started using them. Then i also only use certain tones that address specific frequencies that i what to 'entrain' to.

Even with my understanding of what the tones are supposed to be doing, and how my brain/body are supposed to be responding to them (the tones), i still remain selective about the ones i use.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Meditation (and especially Yoga) can maybe upkeep health very well, but in the end (in western means) you still need a doctor.. usually. I haven't been "ill" (flu, the usual) in maybe 5-6 years.

I would see how meditation is good for the mind, so it's probably good for the body too. So I wouldn't count on it, but it's definitely not bad for you

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by And Why

Ya it's all so complicated to me, I just went on youtube and listened to them, then like I said before I realized maybe that wasn't so good of an idea!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Ya, it definitely calms you down and that right there will make you live longer!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join