It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Comes to Canada Looking For "Validation"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Stephen Harper, while Prime Minister, does not speak for me. In fact most of the government here is rather foolish. I imagine they don't believe they are being foolish, perhaps even think they are doing some good. But regardless, Canada is primarily an export nation (or was) so keeping good relations even with belligerent governments will be seen as practical and in some ways it is even if it isn't ethical. Cons, Libs, and the NDP are all fairweather parties. They do whats best for them and forget the rest, just like all countries with career politicians.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic Honey
reply to post by Magnum007

Not sure if you read the whole article, but I also thought this was interesting:

"Within days of the Conservative Prime Minister’s own victory in January of 2006, Hamas, considered a terrorist group by Canada, won a majority of seats in the Palestinian legislature. Almost immediately, Mr. Harper announced that Ottawa would have no further dealings with the Palestinian Authority. Canada was the first country to take this action."

Not only had I not known this, I would never have guessed it. On the whole, do you think Canadians are informed of this sort of thing? Almost nothing at all of Canadian politics is reported mainstream in the U.S. The irony of it is that I often have to fall back on either British or Canadian news sites to get valid info on things going on in my own country.

Of course the average Canadian isn't informed on this situation the way they are supposed to. It's not part of the "agenda". The western governments preach democracy and when a government they don't like is elected democratically they moan and cry that they are terrorists and that they shouldn't be in power... That, my friend is BS...

Originally posted by Atomic Honey

Originally posted by Magnum007
I'm not really sure that Israel planned to be in Canada and conduct a raid at the same time. I'm sure the trip was planned much before the raid was.

But don't you think the timing was a little odd? I know that Israel knew at least a week to ten days ahead of time that this was going to be an issue. I'm not sure how far in advance leaders plan these kinds of visits.

I have no knowledge of the planning process but I would imagine that these meetings are planned weeks, if not months, ahead of time... Especially in these "dangerous times" ("terrorism")...

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Just in case you didn't know, Arabs and Jews lived relatively peacefully up until the creation of Israel. They conducted business and lived in very close proximity sharing the land with one another.

The orthodox Jews who protest Israel are doing so because they believe that the country was to be given to them by "god", not by people. They do not accept the existence of Israel for that reason.

Magnum

A very good point you make.
Add to that it was the influx of European Ashkenazi Jews that started the terrorism against the Arab / Christian population of Palestine. The native Sephardic Jews became the underclass to these immigrants, helped along by the deliberate irradiation of Sephardic children en masse by the newly created Israeli government after the state was formed. All this is well documented but it's not the line they teach in schools anywhere. That would be deemed "anti-semitic" to show the Ashkenazi masters in anything but a favourable light.
Even the ethiopian "lost tribe" that were resettled amid great fanfare a few years ago are an underclass, shunned by the mainly white settlers. Racism, bigotry are rife in the "only democracy in the Middel East".

After WWII, the US and UK illegally handed Israel to the jews by taking Palestinian land away. This is when the conflicts started.

They won't teach the truth in schools because it would make children come up to conclusions and form opinions that they don't want... The anti-semetic rhetoric is a way for the government control the thoughts of people by shaming them into believing their propaganda.

Just my "anti-semetic" thoughts on the matter based on facts, not disillusioned blind faith in hatred....

Magnum

[edit on 10/6/1 by Magnum007]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

yeah dissarme country's and create a real united nation compose of every nation equaly and place a international police

then it would be like in the city

there is gun control and police make sure people dont rage war at each other and stop conflic befor it get out of hand

<< 1   >>

join