It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video of nuclear bomb being used to plug gas well out of control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shotguneddy

Might work if you can find good metal pipe that will hold the pressure exerted by your plug or (ram). How do you cement the pipe closed with the plug in the well could come out yes Your idea is only as strong as it's weakest point the pipe itself. Sure haliburton pumps can create enough pressure but can the pipe stand it without ruptureing ? Bomb idea is about 97% for sure. Then fill the pipe with cement for insurance.............. v12 engines of haliburton I know all about them been there done that.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by circle 360

everything below the bop is fine. we use hydrobalsters that have 20,000 psi on that pipe all the time. 11000psi is nothing. BP is just trying to find a way to save the well. The Bomb would work but but not a nuke. Boots and coots/Oceaneering use explosives all the time and yes they would work. It would be quicker to do it that way. that pipe is a lot tuffer that 11000psi you are at no risk of a rupture. Ive seen that pipe hold a lot more that. that pipe would have to blow the cason and the jacket that is incased in concreat. I don't know about you but ive never seen one rupture unless it came from between two flanges, and that was the Oring. I have friends out there running the rov's and they have even told bp this is the way to go, BP told them to just run the ROV.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It's beyond a shadow of doubt BP just wants the oil they could care less about shutting the well off . It's not England 's problem only America will be destroyed . The Russians have the proper idea to stop the well instantly and it should of been done 40 days ago . Our goverment is run by followers not leaders. Blind leading the deaf dumb and blind. The Three Monkeys Sindrome (see no evil , hear no evil ,speak no truth) and investigate the hen house ,spiting out chicken feathers. Oh yea it was( pilot error) he went to work that day the wing fell off. It's sicking but true. Congress is a bunch of a holes because I heard they rejected the idea already. They have paper diploma's that have only one good use too wipe your a hole with. Their engineers got their diploma's at the same place.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It's beyond a shadow of doubt BP just wants the oil they could care less about shutting the well off . It's not England 's problem only America will be destroyed . The Russians have the proper idea to stop the well instantly and it should of been done 40 days ago . Our goverment is run by followers not leaders. Blind leading the deaf dumb and blind. The Three Monkeys Sindrome (see no evil , hear no evil ,speak no truth) and investigate the hen house ,spiting out chicken feathers. Oh yea it was( pilot error) he went to work that day the wing fell off. It's sicking but true. Congress is a bunch of a holes because I heard they rejected the idea already. They have paper diploma's that have only one good use too wipe your a hole with. Their engineers got their diploma's at the same place.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well the way things have turned out, now with plumes miles away bubbling up because of cracks forming and pressure variances etc, just like in the video.

It seems the only real choice is to use a nuke. The original leak is now one of several leaks that have formed from this.

Of course it could also be a good opportunity for them to harness the new leaks to suck up the oil coming from them, but there is no guarantee that more wont form, or that these bumbling fools can reliably suck up the oil without massive leaking.

Anyone else have any suggestions beside a deep underground nuke?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Smith
This is Simmons the energy experts view of using a small Nuke to seal the well.

rawstory.com...

BP does not have all the expertise, in fact they are known for cutting corners and using substandard methods!

BP used cheaper well design in the Gulf

I want to see the results of using this esplosive technique in a "contained UNDER WATER" scenario .. water is not solid earth.

I would like to view the Methane/benzene/terrible abortive airborne chemical results of a thorough sampling of the actual geology in the area of the "Well" by at least two separate and non-related teams of non-oil company geologists.

There are plenty of ROVs, some can be put to good use in data collection. If the Oil People want to do a study they can submit data as well .. three sets of data would be fine. We have some excellent submersibles as well, if they are strong enough to withstand an unscheduled methane discharge .. I would stick with the ROVs.

If you look at the map you will see there was a small land slide over by Florida .. was this set off by the explosive decompression of the well up the bore? .. or is it old?

What is the status of this shelf above the well, and the ground under it? PB have done many sonic soundings. .. Why are they not making this known to at least a panel of scientists selected by the President and the Congress?

Nice interactive map; tool results show on the bottom:
Interactive Map of the Gulf of Mexico

Knowing the geology and the makeup of the surrounds is critical before any decisions can be made. ... If the "jolt" to seal the hole causes a gas release and attendant tsunami .. we should just siphoned up the crude.

Some estimates show that the bore hole will "conservatively" be around 48 inches by the time the relief wells are in place. I suspect this is very conservative.

If the jolt to close the hole releases more methane from under the well in the 20 mile wide bubble currently under the well head, and causes a tsunami with attendant gasses released from the local area compounding it .. we really should just stick with siphoning up the crude ... messy .. time consuming, tedious;! But there are millions and millions of people who will be impacted ... and not all of them are US citizens ...

Where is Gitmo? .. What elevation? Muslims would cry havoc and worse .. and has anyone even considered Cuba, Panama, and all the other nations? ... Are the bathometry monitors in place and live for the ships?

So ... if BP has an un-potty trainable "well" which requires constant swaddling clothes (chimneys) and monitoring ... I say.. hey .. it's your well ... G^d must think you deserve it.

But I don't believe that He or anyone else believes we can ruin the Gulf and the lives of all those human beings just because BP and oil people cannot take their heads out of their professional play books and see the much bigger picture.

Once we have the entire data set

... and specs for contained under water detonation; and we know we will not in any way trigger a tsunami ... maybe then .. not before.

I don't mean to be too harsh ... really ... but I do mean to say that we need all the data ... and we needed it yesterday!!

Aside:
... and Congress better get those brass knuckles off the BP guys so the President can make some headway on leading our country in the face of this crisis. ~&~ End Aside:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shotguneddy
reply to post by circle 360

everything below the bop is fine. we use hydro-balsters that have 20,000 psi on that pipe all the time. 11000psi is nothing. BP is just trying to find a way to save the well. The Bomb would work but but not a nuke. Boots and coots/Oceaneering use explosives all the time and yes they would work. It would be quicker to do it that way. that pipe is a lot tuffer that 11000psi you are at no risk of a rupture. Ive seen that pipe hold a lot more that. that pipe would have to blow the cason and the jacket that is in-cased in concrete. I don't know about you but ive never seen one rupture unless it came from between two flanges, and that was the O-ring. I have friends out there running the ROV's and they have even told bp this is the way to go, BP told them to just run the ROV.

I heard that 8 miles of pipe flew up out of the well when the explosion hit.
I've read that the bore will be 48 inches small by Sept. conservatively.
I have heard 4 miles and 8 miles for well depth .. 100,000 psi I found as well on FireDogLake.

Are you aware of the geologic chemistry of the formation?

Ancient, ancient swamp lands ... huge river, long ago massive floods which bought down enough sediment to build Florida (more likely than not -- IMVHO).

The little finger canyon on that map I posted gives the highest concentration of benzene molecules ever tested by air quality folks in the Gulf .. and I suspect not just once, since the fishermen are aware of it. Are those round formations by the well batholiths? ... This area has been a gas well heaven for ages!

I think before anyone says that they have a solution we need to have a complete data set .. not a hidden data set in the hands of people who take short cuts, and have been cited and fined repeatedly for violations and messing up.

This is the hen house being run by the fox family .. and if you don't believe it, go and talk to the people who work for them ... They don't want to do jail time for talking to you ... so you won't ever know the truth.

Please, put your mind on the knowledge .. not on the "it sounds good to me" concepts.

The Earth is at the center, and the Earth is flat!
...huh?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Well the way things have turned out, now with plumes miles away bubbling up because of cracks forming and pressure variances etc, just like in the video.

It seems the only real choice is to use a nuke. The original leak is now one of several leaks that have formed from this.

Of course it could also be a good opportunity for them to harness the new leaks to suck up the oil coming from them, but there is no guarantee that more wont form, or that these bumbling fools can reliably suck up the oil without massive leaking.

Anyone else have any suggestions beside a deep underground nuke?

I believe there are always options.

We have the obligation to be open minded and attentive to detail and consider things with the well-being of All in our minds and our hearts.

We have the interface to the Universe at our disposal (according to David Bohm); ... sometimes the Universe requires patience and tenacity .. but we can manage that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

A bit of sanity and some angst relief?

Smart pipe proposed solution to the Gulf Issue:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Pretty good, I think the first two applications are what costenrs company (not sure if maybe this is the same company) wants to do, and it seems viable, though no mention of the amount of oil that can be sucked up and separated by each system.

The third application is completely worthless, if they where to do that, all that would happen is the pressure build up from the oil just like in the nuke video would cause rupture in other places in the sea floor, having bubble up leaks, making containment impossible until the relief wells make contact or a subterranean explosion seals it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join