It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Buffet gets involved in Gulf Oil Disaster (The New Gulf War)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm a big Jimmy Buffet fan...

and he is quietly getting involved in the war against the oil.

This boat will go to the Gulf Coast Research Lab in Ocean Springs, Mississippi next week and serve as a first place of refuge for oil-stained wildlife.

"We have a canopy that will encase the boat and it will have misting system in and solar fans," added Castlow.

The folks at Dragonfly have a pretty good connection to help get this project off the ground and literally into the water. One of the most well-known individuals in all of South Florida is a big contributor.

Musician, and part-time Palm Beacher Jimmy Buffett, is providing the funding for this first work boat, and up to four others that Dragonfly will build. Jimbo Meador is a fishing buddy of Buffett's.

www.wptv.com...

Here's the deal.

It's time to put a boot to the ass of the government.

I don't know how many people reading this believe and trust in their government. I know I don't. In fact, I think this whole thing is a designed disaster. But it doesn't matter, because whether it truly was an accident, or a nefarious plot, people need to band together.

This is where America, can become America again. This will be a time of tribulation. But if we just sit there, and expect our government to fix this mess, then I think we are highly naive.

Our generation, our lives have been sacrificed. I'm 44, and I realize that my life will never be truly peaceful, truly productive, because we have created our own cesspool.

Bankster robbing the public blind, government out of control, and frankly dangerous. People in general are depressed, and angry. Hope, is slowly slipping away.

So I have resigned to the fact, that my life will consist of a struggle to make things for my children better. And things for my neighbors children better.

That's why we, as a country, and a planet, have to band together, as sovereign citizens, and take control of this spill. Jimmy Buffet is one man, but he's not out in the press, saying how much he is going to help. No, he is helping his buddy launch his boat.

I think Jimmy Buffet is setting the example. Screw sitting in front of the camera, begging the President for help.

Every person with a boat in the area, has the duty, to fire them things up, and pick a spot to deploy float, help wild life, do whatever you can. If you don't have a boat, start collecting nylons, and stuff them with hair, etc.

Keep track of your time, cause there will be a bill. I would charge no less than $100 hr per person. Fuel costs, food costs, any expense that is related to this spill, needs to be documented.

Then we need people to keep the accounting, inventory supply, etc.

And if you send a bus to Colorado, I'll be on that sucker headed your way to help. I'm smart enough to know that this thing is going to affect everyone on the planet.

The War Is On!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Just saw this guy on CNN talking about smart sponge. I thought it looked like a great product.

Smart Sponge locks up the oil and will not release it under any amount of pressure or turbulence. Every quantity of oil that Smart Sponge absorbs – approximately 3.5 times its weight in hydrocarbons – remains secured and cannot be released into the environment. Once the oil is permanently absorbed into Smart Sponge material, becoming a stable, buoyant solid, it can be removed from the water when convenient with traditional fishnet hauling equipment, creating no further environmental damage

www.abtechindustries.com...

The interesting thing was the guy said, that once it is full of oil, it can be burned in a waste energy incinerator to produce electricity.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

While this sounds Honorable and altruistic, the truth is that is not going to be a fight against oil.

Why? because oil is what keeps the world moving, its what backs the US dollars since the 70s gold change standards.

You can not fight the nations lifeblood that is what is keeping America from collapsing economically as a nation.

Oil will be protected as a national treasure in this nation.

I am in favor of oil drilling and ownership by foreign and private hands? no I don't but we the people have only the power that our corporate government allowed us to have.

When it comes to corporate power we are the losers every time. . .

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

A couple of days ago, a Cencus worker came to our house. I hadn't filled out the original form, so I guess she was there to make sure we did.

My wife was out front, and I was in the back, so my wife started giving her answers. When I came out front, I realized she was a cencus worker, and saw an opportunity to speak my mind.

At first, she was defensive, and when she flashed her badge, and said, "well, I'm a federal employee" with a menacing look, I said,

"good, then you'll understand that I am your boss, as a taxpaying citizen."

Then, she changed, and was much nicer. We had a long conversation, even getting into the 9-11 conspiracy a bit. She even told me she was a Mormon, and they were storing up food and ammo.

I said, "well mam, you do understand that as a federal employee, you are supporting them". She says, "well I need the money", and I said "Is this the kind of world you want to pass on to your 27 grandchildren? Don't we have a responsibility to attempt to change the thing we see that are wrong?"

She ended up erasing my phone number on the form, because I said, "why does the government need that? My numbers in the book, I have a post office box, registered vehicle, drivers license, contractors license. Doesn't the government have internet?"

Anyways, she left agreeing with me, although I don't know how much was just lip service.

The point is, I planted the seed. She'll go home and discuss it with her husband, and say, "you know, this guy stood up for his rights today"

At least, I hope she does.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

I been standing up for my rights the way the constitution allow me to do with voting and numerous e-mails to my senators and congress, what I got in exchange, we been audited since 2002 by the IRS and also by the state.

Does that stop me from speaking my mind? no.

But one thing is fighting using your constitutional rights and another facing the reality that we the citizens are at the mercy or our corporate government and they control every aspect of what we do and are allowed to do.

The outraged in the gulf can not be stop, we got mid term elections, see is a political issue behind what is going on the government can not afford to have too many people angry after what has been going on for the past two years in this nation economically and what has been done to our civil and constitutional rights in last 10.

This nations is going to need more than just protest to change the maker over and the minds of those that rules our political system.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, I think when people begin to band together, they will be empowered.

This Billy Nungesser, is standing in front of the cameras saying, we can't get a permit to dredge.

So what. Go out there and dredge Billy, if you and the community think that's the best thing. Keep track of your expenses.

We'll hit them in the wallet in the end.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I love Jimmy Buffet! Thank you, Jimmy, for doing this!

What he's doing is a big drop in the bucket, but that's how a bucket can be filled. Everyone in the Gulf States needs to be a drop.

While many have compared this to Katrina, the more apt description would be 9-11. Once again we've suffered a disaster at the hands of a foreign national...this time BP. This IS the new Gulf War

The federal govt had FEMA plans but was late to deploy them. For this disaster, the fed govt relied on corporations to have their disaster plan, with disastrous results.

Billy, do what you need to do to save your area. Civil disobedience or disaster.

Gulf citizens need to be out there cleaning up, not relying on govt to do it. Is this not in the area of states rights? Why are the states not prepared?

OTOH since the area is so huge, maybe it's just beyond what anyone can handle. I saw on tv smaller boats skimming the water, but then you pan away. and you realize just how huge the problem is. One small boat in a huge body of water.

The idea of supertankers sucking up surface oil worked for the Saudi tanker spills in their gulf in 1993. This disaster was created 5000 ft BELOW, not at tanker level, and so will be a problem for years even if the leak is capped. This is NOT A SPILL, as was the Saudi's problem. It's A LEAK.

Jimmy is helping with rescue efforts, and that is what will need to be done, in both near and far future. No person can dive to the depths of this major oil "word rhymes with duck" and fix the problem, but anyone can volunteer to clean a duck.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Believe it or not I knew jimmy pretty well many years ago in Miami where I was born and raised. We had a mutual friend that lived in South Miami and we would run into each other often there. Jimmy was a great guy, one of those smiling and nice types that never offended anyone. he was barefioot a lot and played all around the Grove and a coffeehouse called the Flick near the U. of M.

One day I saw Jimmy at our friends and he played his first album for me ( vinyl!). I was not impressed...we were all into the Stones and such and he was sining some Key West stuff that was new...I said to him: " Hey Jimmy, cool record " but I was not too impressed. Jimmy though was a really cool guy...he was not a big druggie and he worked all the time.

He impressed me as a hippy type and I never in my wildest dreams imagine that he would turn out so big in music...he was just too laid back and calm...but talent he has!!

I am confident that if I ever ran into him he would remember me...all I would have to do would be to mention our mutual friends name and I know he would recall it...we spent quite a bit of time there...God bless Jimmy...no other guy deserves fame more...he worked his ass off for many years until he hit it big..if he ever plays near me ( fat chance ) I will try and see him and recall some old times.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
Believe it or not I knew jimmy pretty well many years ago in Miami where I was born and raised. We had a mutual friend that lived in South Miami and we would run into each other often there. Jimmy was a great guy, one of those smiling and nice types that never offended anyone. he was barefioot a lot and played all around the Grove and a coffeehouse called the Flick near the U. of M.

One day I saw Jimmy at our friends and he played his first album for me ( vinyl!). I was not impressed...we were all into the Stones and such and he was sining some Key West stuff that was new...I said to him: " Hey Jimmy, cool record " but I was not too impressed. Jimmy though was a really cool guy...he was not a big druggie and he worked all the time.

He impressed me as a hippy type and I never in my wildest dreams imagine that he would turn out so big in music...he was just too laid back and calm...but talent he has!!

I am confident that if I ever ran into him he would remember me...all I would have to do would be to mention our mutual friends name and I know he would recall it...we spent quite a bit of time there...God bless Jimmy...no other guy deserves fame more...he worked his ass off for many years until he hit it big..if he ever plays near me ( fat chance ) I will try and see him and recall some old times.

Interesting. I've been to several of his concerts and first started listening to him when I was 16.

"Mr. Bear, I love every hair on your 27 acre body". Most people haven't heard that song.

Seeing a true American getting involved, quietly, without all the hoopla and fanfare, inspires me.

Hopefully, come Monday, it'll be alright. Maybe not this time, huh Jimmy?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
I love Jimmy Buffet! Thank you, Jimmy, for doing this!

What he's doing is a big drop in the bucket, but that's how a bucket can be filled. Everyone in the Gulf States needs to be a drop.

Well said! I don't think the folks in the Gulf are going to be able to handle this themselves. The entire country, if not world, will need to come together to keep this from becoming an extinction level event.

top topics

join