It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the World Broke? Entitlements, Spending May Spell Doom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Is the World Broke? Entitlements, Spending May Spell Doom

www.foxbusiness.com

Entitlements: Worldwide, governments have made commitments they cannot keep. In the U.S., 19% of wages are paid by the government, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. Government job growth has outpaced that from the private sector. Many European governments already have bloated bureaucracies and government-spending rates that are well ahead of those here.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Worldwide markets will soon close out a brutal month, thanks to a realization among traders and economists that spending by governments across the globe has threatened many economies with running out of cash.

So how did we get here? It is a combination of factors, but boils down to five main themes.

The article goes onto highlight the five main factors that contributed towards this downfall. They are:

Entitlements

Unions, particularly public labor unions

Corruption and Lack of Ethics

Spending

Over-Regulation and Over-Taxation

Governments can only spend what they are able to collect, well that was the theory behind governments anyway. Governments are so bloated on overspending budgets and with no end in sight. Even with the not so distant future looking very grim, governments continue to set aside & enact bailouts for doomed entities when they themselves do not have the funds. Such is the story in Euro Zone alone.

Then we have the US government on a path to what Europe is currently experiencing. US government is passing bailout after bailout to doomed entities who are known to be creators of the problem and have not considered to change their ways. Bailout to big banks, who now continue to horde the bailout cash to increase their own coffers rather than let that cash be invested in individuals who make up the tax base.

With over regulation and over taxation, that very tax base is dwindling and it is dwindling fast. More and more citizens are now in the lines of unemployment office waiting for a check that would barely cover shelter and food.

All while this is going on, we have stories of politicians living the high life and corporations going unchecked for their atrocities because the policing bodies been bought out. Just the recent BP disaster alone should shine light on those practices.

Labor Unions especially those public unions have dominated the Euro Zone labor market & they are now downright pissed because they are not getting paid or they are having their benefits cut. How would a labor union that is employed by the government can be sustained if the tax base is drowning in debt & unemployed?

Such is the scenario that is soon going to played out in the US very soon. With government/public sector jobs outpacing those in the Private sector for the very first time and our debt getting ever so near our GDP.....We are headed towards what Euro Zone is facing now.

The US government is one the biggest suppliers of funds to the IMF thanks to the taxpayers and it is one of the main reasons why Greece is currently staying afloat. If the US was to experience the same crisis, what entity would come in to save the governments of the world and US?

Is the time NWO makes it grand entrance? /sarcasm

We are truly knocking on the doors of chaos.

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Doom to who though?

The whole world only owes money to a handful of men/institutions.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Handful of men/institutions that are?

Funds that are not present in a country's treasury, how can they be used to bail out other entities?

The doom is that Euro Zone is clearly in danger, as their populace will realize that their treasuries are dry and/or about to run dry. What would happen when mass unemployment ensues?

Spain was recently downgrade in it credit rating today. That is Spain, A country that used to be world's leader in amassing of Gold.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's not entitlements.

It's the financial industry...it's lack of tariffs....IT'S GLOBALISM in the name of GREED and CONTROL.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It makes no sens that only a few people "behind the cutain" are in the charge. The people that make up TPTB are still regular peopole when it comes down to it. They can have all the money in the world but if its not worth anything then it does them no good. They still have to eat, live, drive, fly just like the rest of us.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

There are 5 things listed.

Global greed, corruption, & devoid of ethics are a problem also, not just the only things.

Did you get a chance to read the article or just went for the snippet?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Entitlements

Spending

You know, I just dont see corporate greed and under regulation of said corporate greed on that list.

Nor do I see " military spending on corporate concerns like gaining access to oil fields" on that list.

The world isnt broke. That is the stupidest thing I have heard all day. The wealth that existed before our "crisis" is still out there, in private hands. The worlds NATIONS are broke, and because the poor are intimately tied up with the fate of their nation in ways the rich arent, the worlds PEOPLE are broke.

And if you want to find the culprits, you shouldnt be looking at labor unions, or entitlements. (Although they may have contributed) You should look at the people sitting on hoards of money, getting ready to set up their little compounds and have the US military defend them and their wealth once they break the US apart with petty partisan bickering.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Money is all FAKE anyway!!!! It wouldnt matter if people just did all the same things we're doing now but for no compensation as compensation would not be needed.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yes, but if I supply you with electricity, what will you pay me with? A bushel of tomatoes for all the people keeping the power plant running?

How many tomatoes can you grow, for a $300.00 electric bill each month?

Wouldn't that make the people who oversee the power plant, rich, with a lot of tomatoes?

Currencies come and go, as people used to use shells for trade.

We are all on the verge of change, is what I think.

Who knows, tomatoes might be the next currency!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The world is not broke, governments are. The world is a natural planet rife with resources available to all humanity. The current economic model across the world is based upon the notion of scarcity. This is a false dichotomy and the true principle of the world, indeed the universe, is abundance. Further, the notion that we must be employed by someone else in order to survive is also a false dichotomy. Consider these words by Buckminster Fuller:

We must do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian-Darwinian theory, he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.

Consider these words by Arthur Ward:

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Consider these words by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

We are not bound by the artificial constructs of a limited few who would seek to bind us into slavery through debt. We are all, each and everyone of us, quite capable of achieving greatness, and we do not need anyone's permission to be great. The failures of money schemes perpetuated by banking institutions were destined to fail, we are not. We are all, each and every one of us, too damn big to fail!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I totally agree....i mean thats the problem. Until we cang get folks to value electricity or a car as much as they do a tomato then everything is askew.

It wouldnt work with the world the way it is anyway because people would "remember" that a car was worth a lot more than a microwave for example or a stove. Even though both may be equally important, its the currency value that we have placed on things that folks wouldnt be able to easily forget and get away from.

"I'll trade you a coffee maker for a riding lawnmower". "No way man-back in the old world i could buy 100 coffee makers for the price of a mower!!" "We're not in the old world anymore....you want to drink coffee or what?"

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yes, but if I supply you with electricity, what will you pay me with? A bushel of tomatoes for all the people keeping the power plant running?

How many tomatoes can you grow, for a $300.00 electric bill each month?

Wouldn't that make the people who oversee the power plant, rich, with a lot of tomatoes?

Currencies come and go, as people used to use shells for trade.

We are all on the verge of change, is what I think.

Who knows, tomatoes might be the next currency!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sure the article could have been worded differently, in my OP I mentioned governments not the entire world. Mainly the Governments of Europe and US.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Corruption Greed and Under Regulation would fall under "Corruption and Lack of Ethics"

Military spending & other indiscretional spending would go under "Spending"

Are we reading the same article or just focusing on the points in the OP.

What you have stated in the post is what we would both agree on. These failed entities and corrupt entities are getting all the help in the world when the tax base itself is being ignored.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Entitlements
Spending

You know, I just dont see corporate greed and under regulation of said corporate greed on that list.

Nor do I see " military spending on corporate concerns like gaining access to oil fields" on that list.

The world isnt broke. That is the stupidest thing I have heard all day. The wealth that existed before our "crisis" is still out there, in private hands. The worlds NATIONS are broke, and because the poor are intimately tied up with the fate of their nation in ways the rich arent, the worlds PEOPLE are broke.

And if you want to find the culprits, you shouldnt be looking at labor unions, or entitlements.

Amen to that

just to add a little understanding to the 'entitlements'...

first off, the weekly pay people get Entitlements because the Corporate
giants in Industry seriously overworked, underpaid, made to work in unsafe conditions...all because the corporate Elites desired their profits above the Christian espoused ethics & moral treatment of 'ones neighbor'

The Gov't couldn't force corprations to pay better, provide medical, work in safe conditions, age minimums on youths, etc
the Unions had to 'force' these entitlements out of corporate america,
the social security & then medicaid/medicare 'entitlements' sprang from the same well of contaminated water... forced poverty/no ladders to success, discriminations to the blue-collar/blacks/illiterate,
iow the great mass of serf-labor available to the corps. to profit from.

most, if not all weekly workers, accept their jobs & pay with the perks/entitlements thought of as unspoken bribery, that they will not sabotage the business nor create a competition business...they resign themselves to a drudgery world of being a cogwheel in the corporate machine.

(Although they may have contributed) You should look at the people sitting on hoards of money, getting ready to set up their little compounds and have the US military defend them and their wealth once they break the US apart with petty partisan bickering.

these are the forthcoming 'Oligarchs', the aristocrats in the new Feudalism structure of a dystopic society.
No, i did not go to the linked source, to read the full monty of the reasoning for these 5 particular items...
after my say here i might/or will, im undecided, because i can see the essay is full of baloney just from the snips you posted from the article.

all closed systems destroy themselves, the wester world of finance/banking/economics/politics/et al has met it's Entropy point
and there's no propping it up successfully...
out with the old - in with the new

[edit on 28-5-2010 by St Udio]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Unions should extract more from corporations, but that isn't the qualm here. Article mentions Public Labor Unions, who do these union employees collect from?

Overall, the article just highlights how the spending of governments and their close relationships with the bodies they are suppose to police is part of this problem. Now add to it all those that depend on the government to make a daily living. Not a pretty picture.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I personally think it is not just about "justifying their right to exist."

Its just flat out greed. We could easily have a very good living for the worlds people if there werent this connection between human worth and material acquisition. We are insane with greed, with the fear of not having enough.

And we cant even pin the whole mess on those at the top, either. They are able to enslave us by appealing to our fear of not having enough.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This fear of not having enough is precisely what I was speaking to, it is based upon the premise of scarcity. Greed is not the problem, as greed is only wanting more, and in a universe filled with abundance, what is so wrong with wanting more? Further, no one need enslave you by instilling fear within you, as fear is your choice. You don't have to choose being afraid, and can simply choose to love and to accept the abundance around you as a gift to you. You can choose to be grateful for all that you have and all that you will receive, or you can choose to fear not having. Like attracts like and if you want, then this is what you will get, more wanting. If you make the choice to not want, and just allow the abundance available to be a part of your life, what would make such a thing so greedy?

I did not point to banking institutions to lay blame. Blame is irrelevant, I merely chose to point out that their artificial constructs and schemes were doomed to fail. We can choose to act in accordance to the natural laws around us, or we can attempt to ignore those laws and impose our own will over others. I do not think it is your intentions to impose your will over others, so why be afraid? There is no need to fear the collapse of failed systems, and knowing that all systems tend towards entropy is key in understanding and predicting the failure of systems. You are not a system, and you can be whomever you choose to be.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I don't think it is fear that enslaves humans, it is necessity that does. In the ancient times, our ancestors were able to exist as separate entities from other civilizations, have their own innovations and also rely on their natural resources for survival.

If an entity wants to enslave a population, it would do it by making the people feel worthless by themselves. It would do it by controlling resources. Just look at the uproar of Haitian farmers when they were given free genetically modified seeds to grow crops, the catch these modified seeds don't produce more seeds. So one has to become dependent to get more seeds and the farmers realized that.

Government has that same effect as corporations, they have taken on more and more entitlements making many constituents depend solely on them for revenue and services. Now if governments fail, then true panic will be seen in those who would feel that they are worthless. That is where the doom sets in.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I did not read the entire article but it appears to miss the mark. Everything I did read simply points out symptoms of the real problem which is fiat currency and fractional reserve banking or money from nothing. The international bankers have a monopoly on the unbacked currency of almost every nation on earth. They have exploited it about as far as they can and are right now ringing the last pennies they can out of it and stealing as much property as they can before it collapses.

Fiat currency systems have never lasted more then about 40 years and we went off the gold standard about 1971 or 72 so if you do the math we are at the end of this systems cycle and that is why they are hinting at a new system via IMF or whatever. They want to reboot and start it all over while we all loose our property jobs and everything we have to them so we will then grovel to them to fix it.

Sadly most people do not understand this and will probably accept whatever they propose.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by hawkiye]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join