It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Who cares if Sarah Palins and George Bushs' family is fair game then so is Obama. Folks need to grow a spine.

Who said they're fair game?

Not Beck.

So if Beck says "its not fair game" then what, outside the realm of childish hypocrisy gives him the right to go and pull a stunt like this?

LOL

Right wing & Left wing whackjobs really get under my skin so far it makes me laugh

I truly hope there's a special place in Hell for people who think like that

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

An 11 year old asking a perfectly legitimate question of her father is not something to criticize. It should be celebrated that she is paying attention and curious and involved. And it should be celebrated that she goes to her father for such answers. I bet Palin wishes her daughter had asked some more questions before winding up pregnant!

It's about time that 11 yr old realizes that her father is a loser that can't find his butt with both hands.

As for pregnancy, we all know what Obama would do. Remember his "I wouldn't want her punished with a baby" philosophy? He'd have her hustled off to an abortion clinic post haste.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
As far as i remember, when Palin was running around and her kids were in the lime light, you guys were saying that makes them fair game........Weird......

pot/kettle?

I fail to see how he was smearing his daughter.

I DO however see the comical parody they ran because Obama and Michelle are always EXPLOITING their own children to further their political agenda.
OF course, you wouldnt know that if you didnt listen to the whole broadcast.

Then again.......typical tactic used by the left that they are always accusing the right of......taking a piece of something and making something ELSE out of it then what it is.......apparently this is only acceptable if you are a liberal..

Ahh hypocrisy in motion, I love it...

So, tell me again how this video clip is "smearing" his children? Which part says anything negative about them? hmmmmmm didnt think so......

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Criticising a presidents family is uttely stupid whether it is the left or right. The only time it can be justified is if they have broken the law or they are above the age of 18 and commenting on political issues. Otherwise the family should just be left out of it.

Criticising an 11 year old child to try and smear the president at the same time is simply pathetic, right or left, just pathetic.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow, all of the conservative shows are taking a beating on this........guess it's cause there aren't any liberal ones. Too many hypocrites on both sides of this issue.....funny, manners are expected by both sides and never given, how easy it it to say well he did it first, instead of being mature and doing the right thing?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wow, all of the conservative shows are taking a beating on this........guess it's cause there aren't any liberal ones. Too many hypocrites on both sides of this issue.....funny, manners are expected by both sides and never given, how easy it it to say well he did it first, instead of being mature and doing the right thing?

Welcome to the world of politics, where people expect manners but they are never given. At the same time politicians and pundits claim each side are ill mannered and it goes back and fourth with mud slinging and nonsense.

Politics was originally an ideal where arguments would be put across and judged on their merits, but now the standard practice is to attack your opponent, dig up as much dirt as you can and get everyone to ignore the argument and judge the person making it. Actually this kind of goes back thousands of years but now it's a well tuned practice.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Everyone keeps saying that.

Please post the EXACT things he said.

Or are you just going to lie some more?

The Obama's had a cat. Rush said, "They also have a dog." And put up a picture of Chelsea. It's common knowledge. Google it.

If it's common knowledge why did you fail to provide a link to your source.

Shame on you mod-fia! Stop with the lying and leftist propaganda!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Originally posted by Phoss
reply to post by Sestias

The OP includes a video clip of that particular part of Beck's program. Makes it sort of hard to deny.

I admit that Media Matters is not a conservative source. Should I post only conservative ones?

There are, in my opinion, no publications that are completely unbiased. Unfortunately, a reader has to draw their own conclusions from what is available.

I personally do not find it difficult at all to believe Glenn Beck is attacking anything and everything he can concerning the President.

You are the OP. And you didnt post a video clip. Not that I can see anyways, link it again? The only link I see is to Media Matters, which is not a news source, but an opinion group that attacks conservatives.

This would be like me attacking Bill Maher with data I received from Rush Limbaugh.

Media Matters is so obviously a hate group, dont even act like they are something that would be used as actual news. You cannot be that stupid, and if you are, you wont see me posting in this thread again. You're intentions so far seam to only invoke hate between people.

Is the OP a troll? Do you have any non biased data? If YOU provided a video clip, then I would assume YOU being the source would clip and slice it until it fell into your agenda.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is all too funny. Not Beck's show but the people here. The right got it's collective arse in the air when Palin's/Cheney's daughters were maligned but are now saying this is OK. Hypocrisy on both sides of the spectrum. :shk:

There is a big difference between someone making fun of how someone uses there own daughter as a political prop and someone suggesting that someone should commit statutory rape against someones daughter.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

This is all too funny. Not Beck's show but the people here. The right got it's collective arse in the air when Palin's/Cheney's daughters were maligned but are now saying this is OK. Hypocrisy on both sides of the spectrum. :shk:

There is a big difference between someone making fun of how someone uses there own daughter as a political prop and someone suggesting that someone should commit statutory rape against someones daughter.

Statutory rape is not something committed AGAINST someone. Most statutory rape cases are consensual. Dave was simply highlighting the ALREADY well known fact that this young lady is sexually active, unmarried, and a child of ABSTINENCE ONLY TEACHING.

Yes, it was still unfair and in bad taste and not worthy of any defense but you are starting to stretch it by suggesting Dave joked about this young girl being forcible raped.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Tough to make guarantees. Especially in that business.
But now that he has apologised everyone will say he had to. I GUARTANTEE IT!!!!!!

www.newsoxy.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoss

Go to the OP. Click on the link to Media Matters (That's my source. Sorry if you disapprove).

Three paragraphs down there is a little box with Glenn Beck's picture in it. Click on the arrow and you will see a video clip of that part of Beck's program.

I take it that a troll, to you, is someone who disagrees with you politically, or reads sources you don't like. If so, then I guess by your definition I'm a troll.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Sestias]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
UPDATE: GLENN BECK APOLOGIZES

An update has been added to the link in the OP.

Beck has evidently eaten his words, though it sounds like he's choking on them.

Kudos, Mr. Beck, even though to you it may be a bitter pill to swallow.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You know what? I don't care who you are or where you stand politically. You simply do not attack a persons child. EVER.... That is such a classless and mean spirited thing to do.

God knows there is a big enough problem with bullying in this country. When the adults start bullying children though....

This was a completely mean hearted thing to do. Again, I don't care who you are or where you stand. Children are off limits.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

It was a half ass apology...just a simple quote on his webpage. He could have went on air and apologized...but as far as I know he has done neither.

I wonder how he'd like it if someone went out on television and SLANDERED HIS CHILDREN.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
haha that was too funny,
about as funny as what encyclopediadramatica has on them also.

Glenn would make a great member of somethingawful if he isn't already. Cause he's the uber troll and even though most of it is idiotic it sure is hilarious. I listen to him sometimes cause he's more funny to listen to than Howard Stern

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jokei

Sorry, I just chose your post to reply to, because I agree with you, but I wanted to clarify the differences between an innocent 11 year old question, and the chastising of a pregnant teen or a drug addict teen. Definitely not directed at you.

Beck is a monster, always has been. These opportunistic talking heads do show after show, and then when something catches on, they run with it! They find what is profitable and they become that character. I suppose he isn't to blame, he is but another profit driven puppet. We are still the problem, because we watch, and we criticize, and we link to his show, and we draw him attention.

Americans need to realize that are only real vote is a greenback! If we boycott his advertisers, and we demand real products for our money, then we will get what we are willing to pay for. As long as we are buying up the McNews by the bucket full, they will keep shoveling it to us!

Why the need to make fun of the families at all, whether they misbehaved or not? What does it accomplish in the end? I realize that putting someone else down and finding delight in their mistakes is what people do when they are unhappy with their own lives. This is something all adults should know by their unbringing and experience in life. You can go on giving yourself a pass at mocking Bush's daughters or anyone else's family by saying they deserved it all you want but ultimately you are the only one that really comes out looking foolish.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

I cannot think of another administration in my lifetime in which the president's family have become legitimate targets of attack.

You didn't pay too much attention to the last administration did you?

From what it sounds like in your politically skewed article is Beck saying that's the education of the people today, being like a child asking daddy for help.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
conservatives are giant hypocrites at times. i guarantee you if obama got on that oil spill right away with the feds, they'd be crying the government is to big, and overstepping it bounds. but when he does what they want, and let the oil company attempt to figure it out, they complain he does nothing. the conservatives that cried about Palins family, now expose themselves as nothing but idiots when they do it to Obama. Maturity? what's that?

this is moving the goalposts, most partisans do this. remember DRILL BABY DRILL? yeah maybe this is a sign from someone that we should stop raping the earth of it's resources.

go back over the course of american history, they nearly raped this entire land of resources because of GREED and today is another sign greed is the root of many evils.

the native americans did not have "money" they used their resources smartly and traded for what they needed, imagine them killing all the bison because they wanted some damn money that isn't backed by anything.....they had it right, we can learn from them.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by thedude87]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look at this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join