It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is now listening to Dr Glenn Beck?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyokha
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

I know he feels the Pres should give back his peace prize, b/c he didn't earn it....

So im wondering, what did he do to earn that honorary doctorate? Should he have given it back?

Ya genius because a Nobel Peace prize is the same as an honorary doctorate.

And BTW he earned it. Obama certainly did not.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr
All of these pages of lobbing insults and not one of you has even attempted to refute anything Beck says. That says a lot. You're just repeating the insults manufactured by the state run media.

Deny ignorance indeed.

Right on man Right on. All they have is this gold thing. this is the MSM agenda and they keep pushing it.

CX

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I wonder what part of his honorary doctorate covered ridiculing 11 year old kids?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I wonder what part of his honorary doctorate covered ridiculing 11 year old kids?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

HA Ha Ha thats funny because you used media matters as a source. So weak.

I listened to the show and it wasnt like that at all.

He was simply ridiculing Obama for using his daughter to gain sympathy from the media and the public for slacking on the gulf oil spill debacle.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
You know damn well people are going to slag him because he received this award from a christian university. Hell they will probably start egging the university.

Maybe .. but having gone to a Christian school and a public school, the education cannot even be compared. I'd say even the honorary degree is better than a public one haha..

I like and dislike Beck.. I like him because he makes people aware of Libertarian ideas, and educates on the Governments flawed economic policy..

I dislike him because he acts like a typical "born-again" tool.

And he sometimes says some outrageous things that make no sense.. and you have to remember, the drugs he used to do may have killed a few braincells in the common sense department..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Something those of you here on ATS should remember is that Mormons are required to keep six to 12 months of food on hand(as well as guns) so they are prepared when TSHTF! Beck mentions this on rare occaisions, but he is constantly leaving hints to be prepared. Take it with a grain of salt if you wish, but me and the wife are stocking up!
By the way, my wife and aren't Mormons, we're Southern Baptists!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
I had a free moment, here are you're facts dude....watch if you dare.

www.youtube.com...

owned.

(note that I did not make this video, but it conveniently makes my case)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

That video clearly shows that he lies about his political views. To someone who just received an honorary degree of history (rolls eyes) then it can be assumed that he has at least a marginal understanding of the Patriot Act, bank bailouts, and what Constitutionalist and Libertarian mean, right? They mix like gasoline and apple sauce.

It further shows that he doesn't believe in the Constitution, is egregiously fear mongering on "the issue of the day" be it Ahmadinejad, the economy, domestic terrorism, or immigration, and is generally offensive towards the groups that have genuine aspirations regarding these issues.

However, I don't expect the maker of this thread to understand. Two things Thirty_Foot_Smurf has mentioned that have completely eroded all credibility in him - 1) finds no error with the accusation that there are satan worshippers in the white house
2) considers being a 9/11 Truther to be a "character defect"

I don't mean to attack you, but these are ABSURD assertions and are extremely offensive.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

[edit on 28-5-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think that this is the greatest site evah. Thank you ATS for giving me the opportunity to post about Glenn Beck. Thank you AhshleyD for keeping it civil. you are TEH AWESOM!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Be offended. Tough scat.

I know all I need to know about you and the kind of crap you fill your head with when you yourself are apparently a shortbus truther.

And you called me shallow and pedantic.

pot/ kettle?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

you yourself are apparently a shortbus truther.

Okay, now I'm offended. Whaaa has told me through private conversations that, despite his condition, was allowed to ride the regular bus with all the other kids. How dare you!

Step away from the keyboard Sir. Take a deep breath.

Serenity Now

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm not a Glenn Beck viewer. He is a disgrace to truthers and makes money off of public fear (Like Nokia!)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic instead of focusing on each other.

Also, remember that civility is required.

Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

AshleyD, may I refer to these posters as Beckerheads? That's what Beck fanatics are known as, Thirty_Foot_Smurf thinks he's as honorable as they get but let me remind you all where is honor stops & his HYPOCRACY begins:
Glenn Beck leaves no child behind. Or unmocked.
By karoli Friday May 28, 2010 1:00pm

You know, there are a lot of things Glenn Beck the nutbag does that make me crazy-angry, but most of the time I just write him off as a crazy, desperate has-been Rush Limbaugh wannabe and ignore his ugly self. Not this time.

I am mom. And I roar, scratch and bite when someone thinks it's perfectly okay to mock an 11-year old child for any reason, but especially when it's to stoke up more political hate toward the President and his family.

For this, he ought to have to get on his knees with real tears in his eyes, look in her eyes and beg forgiveness before he does the same to the President and First Lady. There is absolutely no excuse -- NONE -- for mocking an 11-year old child.

Obama remarked yesterday during his press conference that Malia asked him of the Gulf oil spill: "Did you Plug The Hole Yet, Daddy?" Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to - they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Yet it was only a few days ago that Beck, on his radio show, demanded that liberal pundits "leave people's families alone" when it came to Sarah Palin:

Beck: There's a difference! Leave my family -- leave people's families alone! I don't think I've -- I mean, I don't think I have ever -- I mean, I made this when it was Bill Clinton -- you don't go after Chelsea Clinton! You don't talk about the Bush kids! Now, the minute they get into politics, that's a different story. You leave the families alone! We've never done anything but protect the families, and question why the White House would bring their children into political debate. Leave the families alone!
Beck proves every day how excrementally evil he is. He should not have the microphone or the platform. There will come a day where he'll look in the mirror and actually see who he is.

I hope his children grow up to be just like him, but liberals. That would be a start toward making the universe right again.

(h/t QueenofSpain)

Update: Beck has issued a half-hearted apology. If he apologized with half the passion he laces his invective with, I might even believe it. He rang the bell and did it evilly. He didn't bother to apologize to Malia or to the Obama family, so as far as I'm concerned, he's still on the hook.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

He wasn't mocking the daughter. He was mocking the presidents use of his daughter to garner sympathy from the press and the public. He dropped the ball on the gulf oil issue and he's trying to mitigate the attacks by injecting his children in the argument.

I think he used extremely poor judgment in the first place for even bringing up his daughter.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wow, you guys just steam roll over the obvious flip-flopping of Glenn Beck and think clips of him plainly stating his views are taken out of context. Then, when he makes a retraction, you never here of it again until some one OWNS you and you have to dig up the flip flopping transcripts, thereby digging deeper into a hole of idiocy.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Did I say no one else could read your posts? I was specifically speaking about who you were addressing.

Sigh... I was pointing out that even if you personally were aware of something I said in any of my posts, that doesn't mean they were solely for your benefit. I generally try to add something to the discussion as a whole, not just try to have a one on one conversation about a topic in a thread. That's what U2U's are for.

I know exactly what I typed and that is why it makes no sense for you to then "correct" me by telling me he is not genuine. NO KIDDING?

You completely bypassed my point and I suspect merely skimmed my posts. Read it again if you think I said he isn't genuine. I said he gives mostly opinion.

So you did not bother to read one article found in those google searches? Many of them are well researched and full of verifiable FACTS. I can see why you would just dismiss that. Aside from a review of what I have posted, your point?

Once again you bypassed my point. Nice attempt at dismissing it with a completely irrelevant question though.

Selling gold for a company that marks it up more than anyone else makes him sleazy. Using his show to "report facts" that would both lead people to feel they need gold as well as artificially inflate the price of gold DOES MAKE HIM A SHILL. Selling that expensive gold why telling people he really cares about what is best for them, makes him a con man.

You call it sleazy, I call it greedy. If you can't tell the difference between when he is giving facts and when he is giving opinion and interpretation, I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you. Personally I think it's pretty obvious when he goes from fact to opinion.

And just imagine, the nerve of someone promoting a company that sponsors their show. The nerve, I say! We should tie him to a horse and drag him through the streets! Get the pitchforks and the torches!

No, you are right. What does is the fact that he PRESENTS these things as NEWS and FACTS. This is why I am confused because if you have been reading this thread, the entire defense of him has been that he "REPORTS THE TRUTH." Why on Earth are you skipping over all of those posts to tell me he is not accurate?

You seem to be suffering from the delusion, yet again, that no one else can read my posts. This isn't a private conversation and everyone else in the thread is able to read my posts as well. There's no need for me to make 20 posts saying the same thing when one will suffice. And I've yet to see any one disagreeing with me when I say that sometimes he's wrong, so that would tell me that they don't need it explained in individual posts directed at everyone you think I should be responding to.

Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong, he's far from perfect seeing as how he's human, and he's a commentator not a news anchor. Where are all the posts bashing news anchors for being wrong? Never see those do we. Never see threads started about how Joe Schmoe on Channel 9 lied in his news report. Much more fun to bash a commentator for being wrong I suppose.

Wow, how do you get that? You are a very confused individual and I guarantee you get at LEAST one star just for arguing with me. I also guarantee not one other person can explain what you just said. I never denied any of the things I said about him. I simply denied ever claiming he was a genuine news man. I never said that. You decided to "inform" me that he is not a genuine news man.

Stars? Really? I don't care if I get 100 stars or none for the posts I type. I'm not here for stars, though they apparently mean something to you since you felt it necessary to make a comment about them. And are you so sure that any stars I get are based on me "arguing" with you and not simply because some may agree with what I've posted enough to give me a star for it? Here I thought we were having a discussion, but apparently it became an argument without my knowledge. When, pray tell, did that happen?

Note that I never said you claimed he was a news anchor. I said "People like to go after Beck and pretend his show is a news program and that everything is supposed to be 100% fact". If you took that line personally, then that's all you my friend and nothing to do with me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Wow, you guys just steam roll over the obvious flip-flopping of Glenn Beck and think clips of him plainly stating his views are taken out of context. Then, when he makes a retraction, you never here of it again until some one OWNS you and you have to dig up the flip flopping transcripts, thereby digging deeper into a hole of idiocy.

Why don't you respond to my earlier post from this morning?

Please.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Why don't you respond to my earlier post from this morning?

Please.

What post? In the mean time here is something..in the beginning of his conversation with Mitt Romney (why is he speaking with someone who "plays ball", if you know what I mean?)

"Governor Mitt Romney is on the phone with me now and we're just talking a little bit about the bailout package and whether or not it is something that we should do. "

Great!

"Governor, I have been against the bailouts of, you know, Bear Stearns, all of these bailouts I've been against. "

Really Glenn? That is great! I could of sworn you said differently though...oh well my mistake, right?

"
GOVERNOR ROMNEY: Yeah, at some point if you load an aircraft up with too much baggage, it won't take off. And this is an emergency effort to keep our economy from going into a tailspin and congress, you know, should act pretty narrowly and then if they want to do other things, fine. They just passed a $300 billion program to help people stay in their homes and they want to get credit for doing more. You know, let's do that on a separate day if we can. By the way, I think John McCain is right to say, look, if the Federal Reserve steps in or the Treasury steps in rather and keeps a bank from going bankrupt, we better not watch this CEO pay himself a $10 million bonus and so we're going to limit how much these guys can take out of these banks because we're not saving it for them. We're saving it for the citizens who want to borrow.

GLENN: Right. I don't have a problem with that but I do have a problem with telling people that they should have a salary cap. "

OK, so the bailouts are a matter of fact now and you have no problem with that? Glenn just hops on the bailout boat. So much for arguing the point?

"
GOVERNOR ROMNEY: Exactly. It's like saying, if you want the government to bail you out, to buy your bad debt from you, then the government is going to have a say about how much you are going to pay yourself because we're bailing you out so you can keep in business and lend money to our citizens. That's why we're not to pay yourself a big bonus.

GLENN: Good. I don't have a problem with that. Governor, I know you've got to run. Thank you so much.

GOVERNOR ROMNEY: Glad to be with you."

Oh, so everything is fine now, the government will tell CEO's to take less of a bonus (something I have yet to hear of) bailouts are the new normal and everything is fine. Well played Glenn, well played. Yeah, he said that he is against it, but then completely rolls over for the salesman with his "beckites" eating it up. Someone should have called in and said "you know Glenn, you're full of it!"

But yeah, Medina is the enemy? Lets see, she supported:

Eliminating the property tax in Texas (You're RIGHTS are derived from property, so this makes constitutional sense).

Supported gun rights and the nullification federal laws infringing upon them.

Securing the border, for real.

Keeping federal powers in check and in line with the constitution and in balance with the state.

A completely constitutional candidate...but that is the enemy? Cause she is suspicious that we were not told the complete truth about 9/11? I couldn't fit that much nonsense in a church. He bashes Ron Paul, then Debra Medina when the only things they have in common are GOOD IDEAS instead of the SAME OLD CRAP...that right there tells me that Glenn is a game player for the team owners.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Personally... I don't care WHO spreads the message, so long as the message is spread. He happens to excellent at spreading truth about the Federal Reserve and Government corruption .. that's a fact.. whether he believes it himself, I don't care, whether he himself comes up with the ideas, I don't care, whether he's a Mormon, I don't care, whether he used to be an alcoholic and snort crack, I don't care.

I care that because of him hundreds of thousands of people had their eyes opened to the corruption of the Federal Reserve, corruption of key politicians, and were explained the flaws of Keynesian economics.

Honorable guy or not, hell he could beat grandmas on the street, I don't care, so long as he keeps with the same message: No to big government, big banks, Keynesian economics and government corruption.

And for the record I don't have cable, I only watch whats put on ATS because that's usually the stuff worth watching.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by Rockpuck]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join