It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GORMAN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

GORMAN "DOGFIGHT"
Date: October 1, 1948

One of the early "classics" of UFO history involved Lieutenant George F. Gorman of the North Dakota Air National Guard, who said he had a twenty-seven minute "dogfight" with a UFO in the skies over Fargo. Gorman, then manager of a Fargo construction company, told this story to Air Force investigators: continued...

Dr. Donald H. MENZEL, a Harvard University astronomer. recognizing some problems of applying the balloon hypothesis to the witness testimony, decided that there were two objects responsible for the "illusion"--a balloon and the planet Jupiter. Gorman was at times seeing a lighted balloon, and at other times "very probably a mirage of the planet Jupiter "

I was just browsing around the NUFORC site and found this report. I find some of the explinations as quoted above very entertaining. Scientists are were actually trying to explain this by a balloon and jupiter.... come on! This theory is bogus for several reasons.

First of all, pilots are supposed to have very good vision.

If a person is chasing around a balloon that moves at 400 mph, I'm trading in my truck for a balloon.

I'm no meteorologist, but what kind of winds make a balloon that high change directions that many times and go from moving horizontally to straight up in the atmosphere.

I never saw a balloon that intentionally played chicken with a 400 mph plane.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Kata.

join