It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Why, oh why do I click on things like this..I do it on LiveLeak, too..I just HAVE to click on horrible things..then I wish I could unwatch it!!

I didnt watch the video, btw..just reading what you wrote was enough..I cant even describe the feeling I feel right now..its beyond rage, horror and despair..

Honestly..I can not say I belong to the race of people that do this..either they are not human, or I am not.

I dont care that there are people out there, and even HERE in ATS, who do not hold animals as important enough to be treated with respect. But to me, they are my spiritual brothers and sisters and are just as important as all life on this planet.

Nothing should be treated this way..no living creature on the face of this planet. I do believe in Karma..and its coming..not soon enough , in my opinion!

I understand every word you wrote.
I was only sorry there's so few people like you.
Don't even know should I flag this topic.
And yes, I don't eat meat.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Precognition]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Precognition]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch the video. I've seen plenty of them and at the risk of sounding overdramatic, I think I have some sort of PTSD from them. The images haunt me to this day and sometimes I almost start crying just thinking about it.

If anything, this goes to show how important it is for those who chose to eat meat, like me, to be more responsible about the choice in purchase they make. I've stopped eating commercial beef and only do organic/free range/100% vegetarian diet meat. I think this is a responsible choice aside from going vegetarian/vegan.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

(raises hand)

Read my post above.

P.S. It's a diary farm. You know, milk and cheese...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This made me feel really really bad for the cows and for him. I wished that he could just die right there and the cows would have a more compassionate owner.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Never been to much up on the animal rights movement and think PETA is....something. I hunt, eat steak and drink milk, sometimes all at the same time. With that said. WTF!!!! these f^@ktards and their actions are deplorable makes me embarrassed to be a human. They need to get whacked in the head repeatedly with a crowbar or maybe they need to be slammed on the ground and then kicked repeatedly. That made me angry.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Those son of a %$#@!!!!!!!

They need to be put behind bars for such extreme animal cruelty... I have never felt such rage watching these cruel bastards mistreat those animals.

If I ever met one of these pieces of garbage I'd do to them as they did to these poor animals, and I wouldn't care one bit about the consequences of my actions.

Damn them all.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Looking_Glass]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, it made it to the news. Things like this need to be exposed and people need to know this is happening. I can't bring myself to watch the video. I hope people are just as outraged as we are in this thread.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I dont think I have ever wanted to hurt another human being as much as I did watching that video.

Those guys are just damn lucky they are such cowards that they only behave that way in private.

I need to go cool down.

Edit to add;

Videos like this make me reconsider my feelings about the death penalty. People who will torture helpless things, children, animals, other humans who cant fight back, have no good purpose.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't watch the video. I hate the dairy industry with a passion. I have my own milk cow. She was still small enough to pick up when I got her and looked like a little deer fawn with the most beautiful eyelashes. For two years I spent a lot of quality time bonding with her so when I did start milking her she would be sweet to handle and she is. She is a big pet and a member of the family. When it is hot out, I take her in the barn and hose her down at least once a day. It is safe to say she is spoiled rotten. Annabelle gets to eat fresh grass all summer long and gets to raise her babies by her side. It is the way it should be.

I can no longer go to the auctions at the stock yard because I just want to cry when I see those used up dairy cows and bring them home for a second chance. Most of them have only had two calves and are under the age of five. A dairy cow can live up to twenty years old if they are taken care of properly. They shoot them up with hormones to produce more milk. It should be against the law to treat a living animal like this.

It breaks my heart.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I wish more people felt the way you do. We raise our own beef and they are very well taken care of and have all the sunshine and pasture they could wish for. In the end, they are eating and pooping machines and were born for a purpose. There really isn't much else use for cattle. I have no bad feelings for eating them. I just know where my beef comes from.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Our food industry has become completely dehumanized.

You get living creatures, processed through factories, as opposed to being treated with respect

You have weird and not so wonderful chemicals like aspitame (now aminosweet) in our food, often disguised with codes and obscure names.

We eat massed produced pig swill, in Europe (where dog food must be produced to the same grade as humans), your better off eating what your cat or dog eats than what a lot of people do.

There was a time when we used to live of the land and we paid it respect and homage -that was great

Then we had small family farms who loved there animals and treated them and the land with respect -that was good

Now we have factories and corporations feeding us chemicals, pollution and garbage while abusing the land and animal -that is just completely wrong

We let this continue for seemingly 3 reasons

Greed
we want it all the cheapest, tastiest food around without concern for consequences

Ignorance
We turn a blind eye because its easier than facing up to reality

Poverty
a lot of people struggle to afford enough food to live (I know I do). Its more than just a poverty of money though, its a poverty of time and knowledge too.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Whoever doesn't think cows don't have feelings is dead wrong. I have had cows for eight years now and they each have their own personality and are cool to get to know. They remember stuff too. I got a new horse and he chases the cows once in a while and it worried my milk cow. I finally stopped the problem, but my cow still remembers it. My cow has loved each of her babies and has been an affectionate mother. My dog plays with her calf and they are good friends.

Just because you aren't around cows, you should not be so callous. You would never come to my farm and be that rude to my face. You would be all smiles and questions.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have called all the numbers I could find---that is beyond disgusting--I couldn't even watch the whole video..

The numbers I called said "memory full" so I guess they are really hearing it from the public...I hope those men get what they deserve..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

The same goes for beef ranchers. If you've ever driven cattle you know they are pretty exceptional creatures. I've helped calves being born and have led herds to wide open pastures as far as the eye can see. Many of them are very old (these are usually the cows we use for beef). Again you treat your animals with love no matter the purpose.

I have never witnessed such atrocious acts. The first time I do they will rue the day they did that in front of me. How can people treat animals like this? That is the biggest question. Even if they consider them "lesser lifeforms" they still don't deserve brutality. I get sick just thinking about it.

Thankfully (here at least) most farmers / ranchers have the same sort of mindset.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

What really pissed me off is when the owner of the farm is on the tape torturing and animal and in the article he says;

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"The video shows animal care that is clearly inconsistent with the high standards we set for our farm and its workers, and we find the specific mistreatment shown on the video to be reprehensible and unacceptable," Gary Conklin, of Conklin Dairy Cattle Sales LLC, said Tuesday night in an e-mailed statement. "We will not condone animal abuse on our farm."

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i've seen worse videos of animal abuse. yes these are indeed disturbed individuals. while i don't believe they deserve jailtime or physical punishment i still think they should cut subsidies for that farm or at least fine them and put this on their permanent records so they can't get another job working with animals.

yeah i believe in hunting, i eat meat, drink milk. i know abuses happen but why hit a defenseless non-aggressive animal repeatedly until you maim it, especially when it never attacked a human?! just doesn't make sense unless you're a sadistic SOB.

but will i go vegan? no way! and neither should you. it's like saying you won't use any petrol-based transportation or products because of the gulf spill. it's just silly.

as for those of u who "wanna punch them" - do you really think it's worth the assault charge and lawyer fees? better write your lawmakers to allocate budgets for more inspectors that would enforce existing animal protection laws!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
I'll never understand how these videos are filmed.

If I was a guy with a hidden camera and I saw some guy spontaneously start beating, choking and smothering a new born calf I'd kick his ass, i would not just sit there and make sure the camera catches it all.

I dunno what I’d do kill the guy or film but, sometimes it is best to get the evidence you need and springboard dewshes like that into the media.

You can tell this Camera guy was egging him on because the rancher was so open and talkative about it

That is not the cameraman’s fault that this cretin has no self control, this farmer is the same guy that works for you or marries your daughter or you play (insert sport here) with.

I can understand a punch or a kick on a bad day but

??? if you truly believe that, I hope you explain to your wife or daughter that Daddy or hubby has just had a bad day, and this won’t happen again, till next time.
There is no excuse for random violence, you can tell the real man. He is the guy in the UFC ring, angry yes but willing to accept a beating for the one he gives.

I’m no vegetarian and I do not endorse the vegan way either but, this doesn’t need to happen. I deal with people in my life like I would my children. I realize they are young and need guidance; therefore I try not to harm them. But these types of people I don’t think can be fixed. If a (Insert Product) breaks we can send it back to the factory, why can we not do the same with broken individuals like these. How can we fix the problem? Why I would (Insert Hateful Words) and that’s it. I sure hope prosecution will seek the individuals in the video as well as this video get a lot of airtime.
Stupid humans.

(Edit)
As far as filming the guy beating calves or cows, I'm sure you could hold your anger and find this guy in the local bar. And I'm sure He'd be itching to show you some of the same beating. I'd call it self defense when questioned how said farmer ended up with no teeth and several broken bones.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OMG, that is so sad.

I really just think those types of people are mentally ill. Like their brain is wired the wrong way. It's pretty tragic, for the poor cows and for the guy. Just makes me wanna cry.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
while i don't believe they deserve jailtime or physical punishment i still think they should cut subsidies for that farm or at least fine them and put this on their permanent records so they can't get another job working with animals.

Honestly, I dont know what to say. You dont think they should be jailed for that?

Originally posted by DarkSecret
as for those of u who "wanna punch them" - do you really think it's worth the assault charge and lawyer fees?

What lawyers fee? I would not even try to defend myself if I did something to those guys. I would just confess my crime and serve whatever sentence they gave me.

Life isnt all about me and my convenience or comfort. Some things are worth fighting for, no matter what it costs you. And personally, I think people who will torture the defenseless are the most cowardly, aberrant kinds of humans.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Who would do such a thing? I watched 16 seconds of the video and couldn't watch the rest. I literally started to cry. That's so sad. I hope something terrible happens to those who abuse animals. There's no reason to abuse a poor Cow or any animal for that matter. This seriously pisses me off uggggggh >

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join