It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you not do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Illegal aliens do the jobs Americans won't do.

I have two issues with that statement but we'll only jump on one for now.

Our work force grows by leaps and bounds every year as young men and women graduate high school/college and move into the world. They want to marry, have a family, but first they must have a job.

There are citizens of this country begging for work any work. I personally know a man who told an entire employment office that he would dip # from a septic tank with a teaspoon if that's all you've got. There were other men in the office that followed that with "yea, what he said".

Everyone I know would do anything to keep food and shelter for their families, no job is beneath them. And I feel the same.

So tell me, exactly what jobs are you unwilling to do? What jobs are there that are so beneath you that illegal aliens should be allowed to sneak into this country to do?

I'm on dial up and I need to open up the phone line for my family now. I will return later tonight for responses. Thank you for your patients.

Shea

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I will not do anything I do not like.

Pretty basic so that I'm no slave.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Many Americans will in fact do anything that it takes to support their families. Only problem is that "many" is not all, or even most of, or significant part of...

No American teenager wants to get out of high school, and go spend 16 hours a day in a muddy field, picking lettuce for minimum wage so a cool leaf can be put on your burger before it comes out the drive through window.

And why should they? After all, they'll live better on a welfare check, and they can sleep in every day.

Now, there might be plenty actually willing to, but can't get hired. When hiring an American, minimum wage must be observed. Hire an undocumented illegal, and the pay is more like $20/day, at 12 - 16 hours a day.

In the end however, I tend to agree with you. Someone will step up and do the work.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's not a matter of what jobs I won't do. Everyone has a price and would do just about any job if the price was right (presuming its legal and ethical for the person).

The American problems is "what jobs will American's do for that wage?" Most Americans will not pick celery for $5.00/hr when they can work at 7/11 for more money and less work. The Mexican, however, is making 5x what he can make back home for doing a crummy job.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have done a little bit of everything in my life to survive, from shoveling sh*t to harvesting crops on the farms, to building new homes and mowing interstate right-of-ways.

There is not a job out there that I would not do to survive. All my life I have worked where the job was no matter what the job was to provide for my family. I worked on the farms when I was young until all the illegals came in and took all the farm jobs in 1980.
Then I built new homes until they took all the jobs in the late nineties. They dont take the jobs that nobody wants. That is such a big lie! They take jobs away from Americans like me. I have experienced it first hand for many years now......

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
First of all, if there are indeed jobs that an American won't do, it doesn't take millions of illegals to do those jobs. Secondly, it is a bold lie that they are only doing jobs that American's won't do. There are illegals in cities where there are no crops to pick. There are illegals everywhere driving wages down. Many of us have been unemployed long enough to lose unemployment benefits. Does anyone care about the law abiding citizen? I myself have worked some pretty horrible factory jobs in my life. We do not need millions of immigrants taking jobs when we have millions of people out of jobs. That is insane! Hopefully something will be done soon to solve the problem because people are getting pretty upset.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

In the Future world manual labor jobs will pay several times what mental labor jobs pay since most people wont be too bright.
Dont believe it? The LA bus driver already makes more than a PHD in
Engineering.

I would not want a job as a PHD in ENGINEERING at
79 k salary.
www.careeroverview.com...

If I could get a job as a BUS DRIVER for an actual salary of 120k.

gothamist.com...
"Bus Driver Salary;
That's right - "$27.99" isn't the whole story. If you consider that most bus drivers probably work overtime at a higher rate, their take home might be more like $75k-$100k/yr, and they retire at 55 with full pension that is what - half their final salary? So someone who drives a bus for 30 years, retires today and lives to 75 actually could be getting about $120,000 of benefits for each year driving a bus over that 30 years. Make no mistake about it - these are incredibly cushy jobs for manual labor. No surprise it's a BIG reason the MTA can't afford to run better service for New Yorkers - the greedy unions gobble up all our fare dollars."

[edit on 21-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellsworth

THERE YOU GO!!!!!!!

The reason finally hit on...... Not what they wont do but what price they will do it for.....

But yeh I'm sure the illegal alien haters wont agree, damn pesky illegals!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What will you not do?

When young and alone for the first time in the city, I knew nothing about unemployment allowances or welfare generally. I found cheap lodgings which required me to share bathroom and kitchen with an assortment of people, many of them elderly. The location was far from transport. The only phone was a broken-down public one, half a mile away. I didn't have an umbrella, an alarm-clock or hair-dryer or raincoat. Gave myself food-poisoning three times that first year. And the old people who lived down the hall used to steal any food I left for a few minutes in that draughty old kichen. They were in dire straits too, and I'll always remember the scraps of newspaper they used to stem blood on their fragile old arms and legs because they couldn't afford bandages

I took any job on offer, in order to pay my rent and other expenses. I was skin and bone and more lonely and afraid than it's possible to describe

There was only one job I refused to consider: prostitution

And I was far from being unique

In Australia, for the past couple of decades, the major employers (banks, supermarket chains, public service departments) have been sacking experienced Aussie staff by the thousands, in order to 'create' job opportunities for all those 3rd worlders the government has been pulling in by the plane-load under the lie of 'skills shortages'

Don't know if it's the same in the US. If not, consider yourselves lucky -- or prepare for it

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Tormentations
Sounds like you've never had anyone's well being totally depending on you. Which is a good thing if you feel providing for them makes you a slave.

Unit541
Sure those kids don't want to do anything like that and would certainly like to have better pay, who wouldn't? But that doesn't mean they won't do it, or accept less money if their family is depending on them and it's the only job there is.

I myself have worked for half of minimum wage pulling weeds in an onion field and picking peas and grapes. One of my sons worked right beside me for the same wage.

Ellsworth
Yes, everyone has a price and that price begins to drop when your family starts getting hungry or is about to lose their home.

kennylee
That is exactly what the people around here have been dealing with too. Yes it is a big lie, my husband went through the same thing with his work.

Night Star
My point exactly.

Sure those people need jobs, but not OUR jobs. They should go home and work on improving their own county and in so doing it will also improve their lives.

RRokkyy
Unions are just as much leeches as the illegal aliens are. They need to be abolished completely. Luckily we don't have to deal with those here in Texas.

svpwizard
I hate no one, but allowing someone to illegally come to our country and take my job is wrong. I need my job just as much as the next person and I do NOT lead an extravagant lifestyle.

Dock9
Well friend you have finally done it. You came up with a job I would refuse too. But I don't live in a city, thankfully. Skill shortages, that even sounds like a lie. Skills are something learned, their own citizens are more than capable of handling the situation, foreigners are not needed. I do hope you are in better times now.

Thank you all for posting, it has been an interesting read.

new topics

top topics

join