It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Experts Warn Of Meltdown 2010 : Martial Law : Economic Collapse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Beware of the Gold Peddlers!

At this hour, Weiner is holding a news conference not only to call out Goldline as "a company that uses conservative rhetoric, high pressure sales tactics and tall tales about the future of gold to sell over priced coins that can be bought somewhere else for cheaper," but to ask regulators from the Federal Trade Commission and Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate its tactics.

Weiner's staff investigated Goldline and found that the coins it sells are not the good investment that its salesmen -- who are not licensed investment advisers -- claim that it is to consumers, because the price of gold would essentially have to double beyond its current high to begin seeing any gains. Specially, the investigators found Goldline coins selling for 90 percent above the melt value of the coin, that is, its value by weight. The largest markup seen on a coin, Weiner said, was 208 percent above the melt value.

"In the past there is always the "product" that is either the next big thing (the dot com boom) or the investment that will never go down in price (the housing market), and in the past much of the media has failed in its duty to conduct due diligence, but never before have they worked so hand in hand to cheat consumers," Weiner said in his prepared report. "Commentators like Glenn Beck who are shilling for Goldline are either the worst financial advisers around or knowingly lying to their loyal viewers."

Goldline's high pressure sales tactics and fear mongering about big government as well as their ability to hire sales staff and spokespeople who misrepresent their roles are case studies in why entities like the SEC and FTC are necessary.

The Brooklyn congressman sent letters to the heads of the FTC and the SEC requesting that some of Goldline's more questionable tactics be investigated. In addition, he says he will propose legislation requiring full disclosure of hidden fees, the purchase price/Melt value/Resale value, and how much the cost of gold will need to rise in the value for the customers' investment to be profitable. All common sense ideas.

I was shocked to see the prices that these dealers are charging for gold coins. They are touting their inflated priced coins as an investment when the collectible value is probably not or never will be much higher than the actually weight value. When the gold market plummets, which it will eventually, a lot of people are going to be stuck with shiny discs of gold metal that are worth only a small fraction of what they paid.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If some of those guys are considered experts, then so am I. The dollar dead this late summer? Really?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vesica
When the economy hit rock bottom...

Here's what i did! I started my own crops and bought me some seeds of various kind, mainly for the fun of it but as far as the foodstorage goes i have enough potatoes for many many years and other organic food.

cucumbers, carrots, onions, pumpkins, potatoes, corn and so on and so on. My land of disposal is aprox 100x75 feet, located on my own property, not much, but ull be amazed how much food you can produce on such small piece of land.
The food is healthy and never ending when you use the new seeds from each crop. I'll make it some what bigger next year and start put some seeds in stock.

When it all come arround i cant probably sell my gold nor eat it. The gasprice might be redicculous high so i cant drive to buy me some pharmacuiticals if needed, hence the organic food for health.

Fresh water might be the biggest problem, maby some decades from now.

I'm glad to have come across your post. I would have written much the same thing.

While I see no shortage of fear mongering and chuckleheads extolling the virtues of owning gold and silver all I keep thinking about is the fact that they are still focusing on investing in the same system they say is crashing.

So short on imagination that the furthest they can go from cash is precious metals.

When was the last time a precious metal was on the menu? And who in their RIGHT mind would trade a good zucchini for a 16" gold rope chain, ha...

Food is where it's at.

Remember even back in the days of kings and castles, they could only hold their own until the water and food ran out, not their cash reserves.

I too have a small parcel of land but I'm working a nice 300 square foot set of raised beds and hoop houses with 40 different types of produce in it.

I figure after the bullets stop flying, people are going to want to eat!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by HIStory Indeed] Caught a typo!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by HIStory Indeed]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Do we still have to pay bills when all this starts happening?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
OH IM SORRY, THE DEATHSTAR WILL BE FULLY OPERATIOAL YOUNG JEDI. We are constantly getting ripped off by someone. The stock market can only handle so many people ripping everything off. So yeah, I believe one day it will fall, sure. I don't have to be psychic or a super market analyst to figure that one out. To many people with hands in the cookie jar tends to run out of COOKIES, if you know what i mean. My question is, WHO, is doing this and why?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My husband and I are getting a mortgage on our house... It's our first house...
Does anyone here have any good advice to prepare for this type of thing?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by ElectricUniverse[/

Simple logic Tells us gun control and gun banning is a crock. If gun control worked LA and NY city (which have some of the strictest gun laws in the country) would be some of the safest places on the planet when in fact they are some of the most dangerous. NY City has a higher murder rate the Baghdad.

Your 100 percent on that....it's ridicules that law abiding citizens are not allowed to own firearms in NYC..I recently moved back here from az. After being out of ny for almost twelve years...The crime rate here is way higher then they report..I am constantly hearing of local robberies and assaults..my neighbor is nypd..none of it gets any media attention..there to busy reporting fluff and fan fair..

Gun control does not work..it only leaves a system of 3 .authority ,criminal and victim.

And with all that you can not have a firearm to protect your family.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So if everything collapses, does that mean I don't have to pay my federal student loans?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

What is the point???????????????
It's the whole agenda. The catalyst to the New World Order. For the NWO to achieve it's goals the US and capitalism must fail. The constitution must be trashed. Guns have to be removed from the hands of the American people and all those that would be patriots. Our "wills" must be broken. The writing is on the wall. It's going to be a rough ride.
seeashrink

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I do not know about any sort of centralized control - I think it is really a problem of "no control." It seems without a doubt things will get worse on and on through 2011. I predict another "big" stimulus sometime late 2010. Of course, it will be too late by then.

I doubt martial law unless localized in the cities to help supplement police (like Detroit). I think it will be a process of worse and worse. Have some modicum of preparation although there is really no good way to prepare for this. Just hang on - the proverbial "it will be a bumpy ride" is probably true. How it will impact day to day living - no so sure. There will be some impact over time though - we will all feel this very severely.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Very interesting, i haven't seen many specific forecasts as to when the markets would drop again as you have layed out here. Interestingly enough...the market is down a little over 350 points rite now, sitting at 10,068.1 and the fear index hit a 14 month high.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
DOW dropped -376.36 points today, DOW futures is down -423... tomorrow will be interesting...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Dollar will not collapse anytime soon. It is the safe harbor when other currencies turn south. The Euro and the EU has a risk of collapsing.

Gold is not a great investment now. It is a highly manipulated metal. If you could have gotten in at 500, well then that is a different story. Herding mentality produces bad investments.

Investing for most Americans is good, but that does not produce real wealth. You can always earn more and be thrifty than you can make in passive investments unless you can move large amounts of funds. Most people do not have access to enough money to get rick off the market.

Armageddon is not coming to the US. There is too much wealth and stability here. I do agree that the market is in for an awful ride. Job prospects are not looking better. The debt load will increase and the standard of living will not increase.

Best thing in my opinion is to do what you should always do: limit debt, stay liquid, and keep whatever job you have now or one that you can get. Things will improve, but not in the foreseeable future.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So I keep hearing about something big happening in either June or July. I was checking my bank statement and my Leisure Rewards and found this.

Important Notice

"Upcoming changes to Terms and Conditions

Between June 18 to June 20, 2010, we will automatically move your Chase Leisure Rewards points to our exciting new Ultimate Rewards program. You'll still get points whenever you use your Chase Debit Card without using your PIN, but you'll have more great options to choose from when you redeem your points. During this brief transition, you will not be able to redeem or access your rewards account, but you can still earn points during this time.

When your points convert to our Ultimate Rewards program, they will be governed by the Ultimate Rewards Program Rules, which can be found within the Chase Leisure Rewards Terms and Conditions."

Basically for a couple days they will shut down to do this. I wonder if they will just keep it down? Just my 5 cents.

R5

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

a strong dollar isnt good for us businesses... ur optismism is nieve.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by ogbert

During the Great Depression, we had massive deflation. In this scenario cash is king and anyone owing money on anything is screwed as the value of the asset is much less than the loan.

... I don't think we are gonna see deflation.

Deflation can seek up on you in the form of a DOW that goes down to 5,000. gold that drops to $800. by government payrolls that institute 'AUSTERITY PROGRAMS' that reduces Federal/State payroll income by the 3% cola they received, then the 2.5% pay increase the got in 2009, then by the 2010 AUSTERITY reduction of 10% by Halloween

you all better think this out more...
thanks

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteChimaera

I am no financial expert by any means, but the obvious answer would be to not go farther into debt. Personally, I will not even consider buying a house right now and paying on a mortgage. If things implode and get as bad as some of these guys are saying it will, the last thing you want is to be in a position where you can not pay that mortgage and end up homeless.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
this reminds me of the time all the doom sayers would come out and say America was going to fall when The British invaded

Or when The Nazis rose to power
Or when the Japanese attacked
Or during the Cold War
Or duing the Great Depression
Or....

Do i really need to keep going?

Doom Sayers are some of the most entertaining people on the planet.

Most of them believe in mind reading, and nearly all of them think that predicting the future is possible.

"The world is going to end because THIS GUY said so"

Any expert who is self proclaimed, is not an expert of anything.

So here's a question to the OP
Question

What say you of the MORE than 24 experts who say that THESE 24 experts are morons have can't predict squat, let alone the collapse of the dollar?

IF there are 25 experts who disagree with these 24 experts, then wouldn't that cancel out this entire post?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Snarf]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by serph
reply to post by Kaytagg

Not sure if about the nefarious plot though I'll entertain all possibilities, but one reason to collapse the system is to clear all the unsustainable debt from the system. The big reset if you will. Then you can start all over again... wash rinse repeat.

Also US goal could be to be the last man standing, so the situation is bad, but the US would still be on "top" so to speak.

No evidence to back it up as they are just opinions.

>> That makes the MOST sense to me -- either the PTB wants to keep the system from collapsing, because with the status quo -- THEIR money has value. If the Dollar collapses, everything they've stolen is useless.

On the other hand: if you look at what Goldman Sacks and what the rest of the Wolf Pack is doing -- the US can stay on top by releasing the "hounds" to game the system and collapse all the economies one by one. While Greece might have had a lot of debt -- almost every country has a lot of debt, because they've all been running systems that were engineered to favor a connected few. Iceland and Greece listened to Milton Friedman advocates -- the debt that they amassed by going "free market" far surpasses what was caused by social handouts -- which at least go back to the economy.

China has been helping themselves, but their long range plan seems to be to dump everything on the US no matter how cheap or how much they lose money on the transaction. The reverse of the, "buy whatever is cheapest" import on credit scheme we've been using.

If the Wall Street gamers can round up enough cash by taking out more low-hanging fruit like Greece, they can build up a fund big enough to short any currency. So the balance of trade doesn't matter in the end.

>> The problem is, since we've PRIVATIZED most of our military, we've got private corporations that make our weapons and half our overseas troops are mercenaries. A good portion of them, are not even US citizens. So GM and Blackwater can go to the highest bidder.

So if the Wolf Pack wins -- then the US can be on top -- even though MOST of us will be on the bottom forever in debt to some foreign owned company, but as well, those foreign nations will have people in debt and working for a company that is not controlled in THEIR country. This Balkanization is how the USSR kept control.

If the Wolf Pack loses, then we lose the Mercenaries and the weapons manufacturing because they are as loyal as the bank deposit.

>> Seems like we are screwed both ways. A total economic collapse is going to be a hardship -- but I can SEE coming out of servitude with that. If the Robber Barons win, then the put the debt wherever they want it, because the game is fixed.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HIStory Indeed

Sooner or later a new economic form will have to replace the old one, and since times immemorial gold, and silver have been used for trade in the past. Gold and silver have NEVER been 0.

Yes food, water, and other necessities including shelter are needed in the short, and long run, but eventually a new economic system has to be established.

Food, as well as water have an expiration date meanwhile gold/silver don't expire. Hence you will always have the need for metals which have been used for thousands of years as bartering tools.

I have several months of food, and water, as well as organic seeds, other products and alternative forms of power which I can reuse time and again and will give me all the power my family and I will need, which includes several cousins. But I also have some gold and silver which I bought a long time ago.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join