It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams-a-Plenty when Free from Worrying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello all, i want to share a quick story and get some insight on the amount of dreams i have been remembering lately.

I am in my late 20's and in the past i rarely remembered a dream, maybe once a year. I am a very optimistic person and try to find the bright side in life. I spend a lot of my time researching subjects because i love to learn, especially about history.

Anyways, 3 years ago my mother and grandmother died within 3 weeks of each other and it was a HUGE loss to me. They were the closest people in my family and it took me until a few weeks ago to start to solve a major problem as a result of the deaths.

Since i started to fix this major problem in my life, i immediately started to remember my dreams. Every single night now i have a dream in which i remember it almost very clearly. I don't think i can remember ever remembering two dreams in a row. The dreams vary from negative happy. Last night i was dreaming of taking private piano lessons, something i have wanted to do for awhile.

So i just wanted to bring this up and see what people thought about this. Is it possible that when one is relieved of such a burden or stress that your mind becomes much more clearer?

A few weeks before i started to remember my dreams i watched a documentary on '___' and did research on the subject too for a night, so i wonder if this psychologically had an effect on me also.

Thanks for reading this, i look forward to any responses!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

So i just wanted to bring this up and see what people thought about this. Is it possible that when one is relieved of such a burden or stress that your mind becomes much more clearer?

Yes, because you are the one that create your dream when you are sleeping whether you know it or not, Usually dreaming help releases stress, a place to communicate with your sub-conscious, and a different reality.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thepathoverseer

Thanks for the reply. Now that i am remembering my dreams ( i had a fun one last night, went to a book store and found one of my favorite "conspiracy" writers was having a huge book signing and i met two lovely ladies that sat by me!) can i meditate before i sleep or think about a subject to "lead" my dreams in a certain direction? I want to start having fun and use my dreams for things now!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I think you don't dream as much when stressed because you probably are never relaxed enough to actually fall into a REM sleep cycle, I know I wake up many times throughout the night if I am stressed about something.

As far as meditating before sleep to control dreams there are many reports that you most definitely can control what you dream about. Here is a site that may help although I know there are many more out there.

www.dreamviews.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
reply to post by thepathoverseer

Thanks for the reply. Now that i am remembering my dreams ( i had a fun one last night, went to a book store and found one of my favorite "conspiracy" writers was having a huge book signing and i met two lovely ladies that sat by me!) can i meditate before i sleep or think about a subject to "lead" my dreams in a certain direction? I want to start having fun and use my dreams for things now!

It is possible, but it might take some practices. I suggest keeping a dream journal.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide

Thank you for the reply. I just picked up a book on astral traveling and they talk about meditation and controlling your dreams. I tried asking myself a question before i fell asleep last night but i don't remember the dream, one of the first times that has happened recently. I hope i'm not losing the dreams.

I will start to do the dream journal, just have to find a blank journal. Also i am going to use a journal to keep track of my astral travelings!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I couldnt bare the thought of going through 2 close deaths in that span. I feel for you and am glad you started to work through a problem from that.

Did you dream well 3+ years ago? and maybe last nights dreams were too sought after...

top topics

join