It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are honey bees being killed off by chemically coated crop seeds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Are honey bees being killed off by chemically coated crop seeds?

www.naturalnews.com

(NaturalNews) A class of insecticide that is applied to seeds and taken up into plant tissue may be responsible for much of the widespread decline in honeybee populations, increasing numbers of researchers and environmentalists are suggesting.

Starting in 2005, beekeepers in the United States first reported large numbers of bees mysteriously disappearing, and since then the problem has spread to different parts of the world. No one cause of the collapse has been identified, although front-running theories include parasites, viruses, stress from long-distance transport of hives for pollinati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mystery solved? I believe this is relevant to ATS as we have known for years about this issue. I will not be having many apples this year because there were no bees to pollinate the flowers before they faded.

Perhaps it will take a massive crop reduction before people take notice.

It will be interesting to see how many people care about this.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I ran across a report about this, I believe out of the UK.

The scientists found that it is the frequency of cell phones that disorientate the bees. It appears the bees use the same frequency.

Let me guess, people would rather the bees die and there fore our food cannot be pollinated, therefore we die, before anyone gives up their phone.

new topics

join