It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings on Utopia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
self - 1 person
inner family - 1 to 10 people
outer family - 10 to 100 people
community - 100 to 500 people
tribe - 500 to 1 million people
confederation - 1000 to 100 million people
nation - 1000 to 1 billion people
world - ~ 8 billion people

all levels of society are essentially equal. self being the most personal, world the
least, but with world the largest, and self the smallest, so all levels become equal
priority for a human being.

all are to be loved, and all are special. self is special because experience itself is
essential to self, family is special because of the extremely close bond to self through
genetics and shared experience, community is special because they make up a large part
if not the majority of the people you know, confederation allows love between different
communities, nation brings a sense of place in the world and a wide brotherhood, and
world is important because it represents the entire human and earth family, and it is
by this level that we are admitted spiritually into the Galactic Council.

putting one of these classes above the other is the direct cause of hatred, jealousy and
chauvinism. for example, when country comes first, war and genocide follows, when
friendship comes first, people lose respect for their kin, when family comes first,
people abuse their fellow man, and when self comes first, one loses respect for all,
including the self.

the Utopian world will place greater emphasis on family, friendship, and love for your
common man. children will honor their parents throughout life, and parents will honor
their children throughout life. people will be friends with their siblings and siblings
with their friends. people will love their spouses with all their hearts,
but this will not diminish the love for their children and family and friends. in fact,
even though i believe the spouse is the greatest love (aside from perhaps the universal
love of God), given the choice, one should always protect their children first if it
comes down to it, because if a couple really loves each other, they will agree on this.

people should not settle for anyone to be their spouse, but should not marry until they
find a person who they literally can't live without, and that person feels exactly the
same way. if you never find this person, that is okay, because you probably just have
a soulmate of a different relation.

the world now has 195 countries. that number has increased greatly in the past 100
years, as colonialism and imperialism went out of favor in the 20th century and more
and more ethnicities got their own states.

i feel this trend is going to continue. the soviet union collapsed, and now the
european union and united states seem headed the same way. the stability of most of
the rest of the world's governments depends on the stability of the united states and
europe, so i feel that we are quickly heading to a "post-state" world.

what does that mean?

politics will go back into the hands of the community. though it will be governed by
protocols universally understood because they will circulate around the Internet, and
by the time the Aquarian Age begins virtually all people will understand the sensibility
of them.

throughout the '10s, the world's governments will gradually lose their power. people
won't even notice. they will lose their income and their power will become only ceremonial,
until eventually, perhaps by the year 2025, they will stop meeting altogether.

in their place will be governance done loosely on the Internet and strongly inside the
communities themselves. communities will meet with their tribes, tribes will confederate,
and nationalities will have festivals. different nations will organize planetary meetings
that will answer directly to the Galactic Council.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
hello people?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Nice post. I agree with you. Can i add?

I would like to see a spartanesque society being run. One where every person is a warrior. Every person is taught respect and honor first. One were everyone farms their own food, and the community bands together for the cause of the individual. A place where freedom is worth the lives of everyone in the community without question. The glory of your space is your willingness to die for it. Something of this nature.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Nice post. I agree with you. Can i add?

I would like to see a spartanesque society being run. One where every person is a warrior. Every person is taught respect and honor first. One were everyone farms their own food, and the community bands together for the cause of the individual. A place where freedom is worth the lives of everyone in the community without question. The glory of your space is your willingness to die for it. Something of this nature.

yeah, except without the eugenics part! xD

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Of course! haha.

I was thinking more along the lines of slightly more accepting though. Mybe along with respect and honor, acceptance can be right there with them, and love. But i think that is implied.

new topics

top topics

join