It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kagan a Lesbian?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I hate to seem trolling here but I really beg to differ.
1. I didn't even imply it would be negative, only that it would 'kind of' affect every American. Dont say I said something when I didn't.
2. It's a hot online rumor and I was simply interested in exploring the hypothetical. I don't know or care if she is anything.
3. Dont quote "one of those chicks" out of context as I directly referred to someone else's use of "chicks"- someone on your side of the 'argument'.
4. Again I was simply exploring the hypothetical and look at how heated you gay-defenders get. Who's to say I'm not a lesbian and therein lies my interest? Yet YOU passed judgment.

I think you guys are so vehement to defend one lesbian you would persecute another.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If we're to judge by appearance, obviously her hairdresser isn't gay.
By the way those pearls highlight that neck, apparently her stylist isn't either.
Any gay "liberal" that appreciates her firm stance on allowing them the opportunity to die in the service of their country while denying them "marriage" equality deserves this "pig in a poke" as much as the last one.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

I think you'll find it's more about the absolutely ridiculousness of this thread and suggesting that her being a lesbian would make any difference; absolutely nothing to do with defending being a lesbian - a lesbian would surely get that

Lesbians don't need defending
Also, we can be fairly sure you aren't a lesbian, or gay, by that stupid crap "you gay-defenders". Being a decent human being doesn't make you some kind of gay extremist; most people get that, too.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well that depends my friend. Does what you do in bed with your partner have anything to do with your job? If so then i want to know if your deviant or not before i would hire you so i need to know everything your into you naughty boy!!!

get real. A persons sexuality has no bearing on their job. bring it into the new century here and leave the 1950's conservatism behind.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The consensus seems quite clear here- Kagan's sexuality in no way factors into her being a Supreme Court Justice.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

get real. A persons sexuality has no bearing on their job. bring it into the new century here and leave the 1950's conservatism behind.

I believe that at least 31 of the United States beg to differ. You can legally be fired for being gay, just like in the 1950's.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I didnt say others werent idiots also. I was just pointing out that whose genitals you decide to rub against has nothing to do with anything when your out of the bedroom. If your a doctor then i am assuming your not a better or worse doctor because your gay or hetero.

Its just stupid.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by fizzy1]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think yes. But who cares. She could have sex with monkeys for all I care. As long as she supports the constitution.

WHICH SHE DOESN'T.

That's why I'm against her. She's for a strong executive, against free speech, against second amendment for indefinite detention... SHE'S BAD ALL AROUND.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just sayin...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f97ad5c7ef3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
reply to post by 23refugee

I didnt say others werent idiots also. I was just pointing out that whose genitals you decide to rub against has nothing to do with anything when your out of the bedroom. If your a doctor then i am assuming your not a better or worse doctor because your gay or hetero.

Its just stupid.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by fizzy1]
Couldn't agree more.
But, being conspiracy minded, I think the choice of a candidate who's likely to be perceived as gay is intentional.
The appearance of tossing a bone to all those recently disillusioned gays and their supporters shortly before an election is a ruse that's worked before.
Sexual preference matters to both American political parties.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm just really surprised you gay-defenders feel its that much of a non-issue. When has the GBLT had more rights in society and when has the GBLT community asked for so much? Have you seen the ENDA bill? Are you familiar with these issues?

I support people's freedom regardless of sexuality(not including pedophilia,rapists,etc) but Kagan is only 50 years old. Her tenure will be very long and the court will likely see more cases on sexuality on her watch than during the rest of its history. And there are only 9 of these positions that are at the top of one of only three branches of our government making the chair one of the most powerful in America.

Yet you gay-defenders are so militant that this consideration isn't needed. I find that an amazing testament to our society.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't believe we should worry about her sexuality. What we should be concerned on is what her views on what the issues will be, to include that of gay rights, and other issues that are affecting our society. If it does come out that she is a lesbian, and she is not truthful about it, she may be encouraged to retire from the bench if she is confirmed, due to the embarassment that it would cause. However, what I think we should all be concerned about is her views on the freedome of speech.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I am not sure who she sleeps with or whether that would even help me determine her sexual preferences, if I cared.
Why do you want to know?
Unless you are planning to ask her out, it is a rather moot point, I think.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Is Kagan a Lesbian?

That's my question.

Op -

Is this the question you would ask of a male nominee?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

I would make passionate love to that woman forever and ever.

Stunning insight into the social-political issues.

Impressive.

Really.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A better question is who the hell cares?

Seriously? Why is this a topic? Why does it matter? Are people that bigoted, or is it ignorance?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Agree. I can't believe that the answer to this question would make any difference to anyone, regardless of the answer. Her qualifications for the job are the criteria that matter, and nothing more.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't think the question is valid or necessary. A person's sexual identity will have no bearing on her ability to do her job properly.

Sure from a law standpoint it will probably make her a bit more liberal, but probably a bit more just as well.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The question is "why should we care?". Homosexuality has been around for as long as mankind has been around... I've never really understood why I'm supposed to care who has sex, or loves, who... I flat don't care. If you are happy with whomever you're happy with, I'm jealous, not angry... I should be so lucky.

She's gay. So? She's straight? So?

Can she interpret the Constitution in accordance with precedence, or be brave enough to buck it, or set it? That's the important question.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join